Parenthood tv show

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
There is so much yelling on the show anyone else notice it I am in season 4 episode 1 so very invested but sometimes hard to understand

There is so much yelling on the show anyone else notice it I am in season 4 episode 1 so very invested but sometimes hard to understand
I have never seen the show , but as a parent if you are yelling at kids n that don't work you don't need to argue with kids. You are already in charge, they are looking for a reaction. And parents need to be in agreement and kids need to see that both parents agree so they cant play one against you. A lot more could be said on the subject but it would be like writing a book on here. lol

How are you Tink? Well I hope....

I have never seen the show , but as a parent if you are yelling at kids n that don't work you don't need to argue with kids. You are already in charge, they are looking for a reaction. And parents need to be in agreement and kids need to see that both parents agree so they cant play one against you. A lot more could be said on the subject but it would be like writing a book on here. lol

I think I remember it was more the adults on the show that clashed, lol. Good show tho.

The show wasn't really about parents and their little kids. It was about the overall family dynamic between the adult siblings, their parents and an assortment of SO's.

I love the show! I think they yell so much to represent how dysfunctional the family is at times. My own family is dysfunctional like that, my mom and her 4 siblings have the same sort of dynamic, they all talk over each other, sometimes they yell, they disagree and argue but there's a strong bond that transcends all that. The show means a lot to me because I think it helps normalize what it's like to raise a kid with Asperger's--my son has Asperger's and I feel like the character of Max is pretty accurate.

Speaking personally, I'm not a yeller--I think if you start yelling at your kids you've lost the argument because you lost your temper and my kids find my steady, even "meltdown voice" more annoying than if I was yelling at them. And it really bothers me that Max's parents seem so dense when it comes to ABA. They pay all that money to his very knowledgable TSS, whose methods work wonders with their son, and then they argue with her about her methods and ignore all her advice! Then they have the nerve to act all high and mighty like they know best because they are his parents--why the heck did they hire her then?! ABA principles work miracles, I see it every day in my job, Gabby is a rock star and the unsung hero of the series!

I liked the show. I think they got a little over the top at times, but generally it was engaging and realistic.

I got bored with the show after the first season, but would watch here and there. Don't recall huge amounts of yelling, but there would be some clashing and disagreement. Something along the lines of what I view as normal and realistic families and not your perfect, happy drama free TV family.

Loved it all the way through. The Bravermans almost instantly replaced the Walkers as "America's Favorite Family."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter