Paramount Studios Tour, LA Review June 2018

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
Today I did the 2 hour standard Paramount Studios Tour.

Paramount Studios is located at Melrose and Gower, about 30 minutes from Hollywood Boulevard

I booked in advance online and the ticket cost

The Studios Tour entrance is located on Melrose Avenue

I arrived early and went through a bag check and received my visitor pass / lanyard. I then waited for my tour guide in a 2 room holding area. This area has some costumes on display, limited seats, restrooms and a video montage playing on a loop.

At 12.25pm Brian my tour guide gathered the rest of the group. There 7 of us in total and went outside to the parking lot to get on our golf cart type of transport. Brian gave us head phones which were connected to his mike so that when we were out and about he could take to us and not have to shout.

We went first to the original Paramount Studios Main Gate which used to be on the public street but is now inside the studios complex. The entire public street has been incorporated into the complex, so the gate is still in its original location. This is the gate you see in old Hollywood footage of the stars arriving at the studios.

Paramount Studios.JPG

Brian had an Ipad / Tablet and as we went around he showed us various montages and photos.

The tour is basically a drive around the lot, with the tour guide telling you about the history of the studios and what was filmed in each of the soundstages you go past. You can not go into any of the soundstages.

The main walk around part is the New York street area, where you can go into one of the buildings.

The prop warehouse part is tiny, and there are hardly any major props or costumes. Considering what they probably have in storage its a very poor collection in a small building.

Im glad I went , just because its old Hollywood and has a huge amount of history but its not something I would recommend.

Warner Bros Studio Tour in Burbank is far better value and far more interesting with alot more to see.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter