Paradise Cove v. Aulani Luau

glassslipper2004

DIS Veteran
Hi- what's the difference between these two shows? Are there things you liked better/worse? Does the Aulani one feature any Disney aspects? Food/drink differences? We have two adults and two adult kids, and aren't big drinkers; we don't mind a buffet line. Trying to figure out which show we would like better.

Thank you.

When we were last at Aulani, they didn't have a luau, I think that's new! The Aulani Starlit Hui show is not a regular luau. They don't serve food and drinksat that show, it is all entertainment. It's been a couple of years since we were there.

We went to the Paradise Cove luau on a previous visit and found it to be very "cheesy" in comparison to the awesome luau we attended on Maui before that. The food was "meh". However, if you've never been to Hawaii and want to experience a luau, see if the Ko Olina Marriott is having theirs, the Fia Fia, during your stay. I've read that it's one of the best on Oahu, but it used to only happen on Tuesday nights. It's only two lagoons down from the Aulani and it's a lovely walk on the beach path to get there.

Either way, you should attend Starlit Hui because it is complimentary with your Aulani stay. Arrive early for their fun activities!
Best of luck!

Last edited:
When we were last at Aulani, they didn't have a luau, I think that's new! The Aulani Starlit Hui show is not a regular luau. They don't serve food and drinksat that show, it is all entertainment. It's been a couple of years since we were there.

We went to the Paradise Cove luau on a previous visit and found it to be very "cheesy" in comparison to the awesome luau we attended on Maui before that. The food was "meh". However, if you've never been to Hawaii and want to experience a luau, see if the Ko Olina Marriott is having theirs, the Fia Fia, during your stay. I've read that it's one of the best on Oahu, but it used to only happen on Tuesday nights. It's only two lagoons down from the Aulani and it's a lovely walk on the beach path to get there.

Either way, you should attend Starlit Hui because it is complimentary with your Aulani stay. Arrive early for their fun activities!
Best of luck!
Starlit Hui has been replaced by a pricey luau (on the same lawn) FYI. I watched it from our balcony in the Ewa tower.

Best of luck!
Fia Fia is still at the marriott every Tuesday night. Fia fia is also at wet n wild in kapolei.

Starlit Hui has been replaced by a pricey luau (on the same lawn) FYI. I watched it from our balcony in the Ewa tower.
Oh no! That's terrible. I thought Starlit Hui was a wonderful addition to staying at Aulani. Darn.

IMHO:
Paradise Cove over Aulani
Watched Aulani's from balcony...meh

If you are in Maui for any reason, The Old Lahaina Luau beats them all in my opinion.

IMHO:
Paradise Cove over Aulani
Watched Aulani's from balcony...meh

If you are in Maui for any reason, The Old Lahaina Luau beats them all in my opinion.
I'm in total agreement! Best authentic luau anywhere!

We bought the entertainment book (it was on sale for like $17) before we went. It had a 25% off up to 4 adults for the Paradise cove or Germaine’s luaus. Save us over $100. We enjoyed Pardise Cove. Food was ok, but the activities and show were great. Plus it’s literally on the beach, so sunset is spectacular.

Attachments

• 458EEE0F-E883-47F2-AA75-ACC24074C4BA.jpeg
    458EEE0F-E883-47F2-AA75-ACC24074C4BA.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 6
We bought the entertainment book (it was on sale for like $17) before we went. It had a 25% off up to 4 adults for the Paradise cove or Germaine’s luaus. Save us over $100. We enjoyed Pardise Cove. Food was ok, but the activities and show were great. Plus it’s literally on the beach, so sunset is spectacular.

Where did you buy the entertainment book from?

We went to the Aulani luau in March with our 3-year-old. There were some Disney elements — Moana came out and gave a speech and Mickey and Minnie taught the kids how to hula. I was also surprised at how good the food was, particularly the roast pork and the poke. And I have to admit, with a little one in tow, it was really nice just going back upstairs to our room rather than schlepping back from Paradise Cove. But that might not matter so much with adult kids.

I thought Starlit Hui was a wonderful addition to staying at Aulani. Darn.

I agree! I've been to 2 tremendous luau on Maui (OLL and Feast at Lele), and thought that though Starlit Hui was not a luau, it was very well done. Awesome Aulani perk! I too was pretty sad to hear they did away with Starlit Hui.

I'm in total agreement! Best authentic luau anywhere!

Old Lahaina Luau is known to be the most authentic "Hawaiian" luau in the state of Hawaii. FYI folks, this means NO fire dancers btw. :cutie: I love how they tell the history of Hawaii through oli (chant) and hula. Very well done show, and a gorgeous setting on the beach with the island of Lana'i and sunset in the background. :love:

We’ve been to both and MUCH preferred the Aulani luau. The food was exceptionally better, as was the show. Most of the basic elements were the same, but it connects you to the show because the story is told through each of the narrator’s heirlooms from his ancestors.

Paradise Cove felt very cheesy to me. The food was poor and the emcee was just not funny at all. She kept trying to tell jokes but was failing miserably. I would definitely skip it and look elsewhere.

Paradise Cove felt very cheesy to me. The food was poor and the emcee was just not funny at all. She kept trying to tell jokes but was failing miserably. I would definitely skip it and look elsewhere.
I would agree.

We did the Fia Fia last time at Aulani... It was alot of fun, GREAT Sunset, excellent entertainment, and food was pretty good... we are planning to do that again on our next trip.. but as a previous person mention, it is ONLY one night a week... its easy to get there too, the Ko Olina shuttle, ( or you can actually walk, not that far..).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter