Parade Viewing Mat

For cushioning or just to keep her bum clean? A park map works for the later.

We have a blanket that rolls up in a small pouch from Target a few years back in either the luggage or camping aisle. One side is soft and the other is wipe-off type surface. We usually keep it in the car, daughter brings to track meets, and we have brought to WDW for parades/fireworks. Folded up into smaller rectangle it gives a little cushioning. We have also thrown in a plastic tablecloth just to have something to sit on to protect us from the ground that might be wet or dirty.:crazy2:

I agree with everyone else about the sitting/standing thing. I only ever sit through Illuminations really. There's a brand on Amazon called matador. Have you seen that one yet? I know a bunch of folks who recommend it.

We used a vinyl fleeced-back table cloth for the kids to sit on. She could unfold it to be as big as she wanted.

An unused diaper changing mat. It’s waterproof, foldable and you can clean the dirt off it after you use it.
I ordered a backpack from amazon last year not realizing it was a diaper bag. I ended up using the bag and the mat in Disney. The mat was perfect to sit on the hot concrete while waiting on the parade to come.

You can get a cheap rollup beach mat from any dollar store. Lightweight and reasonably compact. I also use blankets that zip up as that is a bit more multipurpose.

For cushioning or just to keep her bum clean? A park map works for the later.

I would need a map of the east coast for such purpose.

Maybe even some of that foam sheeting you see as packing material. But I've done the poncho route for wet sidewalks.

We have no problem sitting down, but we get to the parade early and have a certain place we always sit.
I use a cheap yoga mat, cut into appropriate sizes. I roll it up and rubber band it and keep it in my bag.

I was thinking bleacher cushions or a cheap yoga mat as well. Both would give a bit of cushion if crowds leave you camping out early, and wipe dry without much effort if the ground is wet.

I've bought a couple of seat covers/waterproof blankets from Mambe. Love them. Foldable, come in several colours and sizes.
The indoor ones are just as waterproof as the outdoor ones, so possibly the 2 pack seat sizes would work for you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter