• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parade and Fireworks questions

LoveMyLAP-BAND

Banded 2/18/05
Hello,

Going to DL/DCA in May- planning three days on a Tues., Wed. and Thurs. (I hate crowds).

Does the Electrical Parade run in May (I will be there the week before Memorial Day)?

Does Fantasmic and Remember....Dreams fireworks only go off on the weekends? If so, what time and where is a good off-site place to watch them? (I will be in town over the weekend of May 20th, but have convention meetings during the day).

Thanks!!!!! :goodvibes

Not sure if the May calender is up yet, but in December there is Fireworks every night.
I know someone posted a link to last years info here. and i bet they will have it for this year to compare. :) In fact the Disney site itself might have the May info still up from this year.

Not sure if the Remember fireworks will run in 2006 though.

My understanding was that the celebration was to go for 18 months starting on May 5, 2005 (I think that's the correct date). It was also my understanding that during this time the fireworks would be done every night, even during off peak season.

Now I don't know how true the firework thing is, I do know that after checking the December schedule they are on every night. I think they definitely be on everynight during May, and more than likely all other celebrations should start taking place the beginning of May.

Again, some of this is my assumption so it may be false.

Just a warning about the fireworks - they are cancelled if there are high winds.

I admit this makes sense, but I had never even thought of it and I was soooo dissappointed after waiting an hour and having them cancelled all three nights we were there. :sad1:

I just wanted to warn others so they were more prepared than I was.

laura&fam

Dang that would totally stink. Sorry! And I guess it can be 'windy' up high and nary a breeze at ground level. That would REALLY be a bummer, to not even have an inkling that it would be cancelled and waste that time waiting for nothing...I feel for ya!

Fireworks have not been running every night during the 50th. For our September trip of 6 nights we only saw them three times and that third time was a special, last minute kind of thing due to some Disney VIP's that were there for some reason. I believe that due to the Anaheim noise ordinances they will only run them every night during peak seasons, December being one of those and summer. I would count on having them on Fri and Sat nites only and if more come up that will be a nice bonus. I believe the Santa Ana winds have been causing some of the shows to be cancelled recently. They do this for the safety of the parks guests and surrounding neighborhoods and businesses. Sometimes it is a real bummer as they don't know until last minute if they will cancel it or just run it a bit later after the winds die down.

As for the Electical Parade I believe it will run for a couple of weeks around Christmas and then not again until after Memorial Day. You might check on mouseplanet.com and see if you can find any additional info on this. And the 50th will run for 18 months so it should run through September of 06 at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter