Paperless billing question

This stuff has a learning curve. ;)
When I worked at the insurance company we had e-billing and paperless documents. I don't have a clue who decided to name it those things but they clearly didn't think it through.

So many people didn't realize that by opting for e-billing they would still get paper insurance documents (like your renewals). So many people didn't realize that by opting in for paperless documents they were NOT opting in for e-billing so they would be getting a paper bill when they didn't want one.

Couldn't tell you how many times I had to explain to agents and insured alike regarding the differences and what they were meant for. I wished that there had been more explanation given to the customers.

To answer some of you.....I didn't even know I was to set up an account with AT&T, let alone have the option to pay that way mainly because I just thought I was set up for paper billing. Is that through a paypal account or something like that? I did that one time to get a DIS coffee cup which was some 16 years ago. Still have the cup; doubt I have that paypal acct. (sons set me up with that)

Kitty I think you might be getting all the terms mixed up. There are three different “areas” being discussed.

1. Your ATT account- This is on their website and it’s just your general billing info- what plans you have, monthly Rae’s, when next bill is due. It’s the kind of things that people used to call customer service to see.

2. Billing delivery- this is how they give you the bill and it can be snail mailed or paperless which just means it’s emailed not snailed. Regardless of delivery you still have to pay it.

3. Payment- Once you get your bill you can write a check, pre-arrange EFT with ATT, handle it and other bills electronically with your bank on mobile banking sites, or have autopay set up with your bank.

Once familiar with it mobile banking through your bank is great. My own mother who also shows her age LOVED it. It’s similar to writing checks but those checks are in the computer and the bank “mails” them. You can schedule when you want to pay it and do all your bills at once. It really helped mom keep organized as things have gotten a little harder to track and it helps they if she needs help my sister or I can log in from home to see where the problem is. With the holidays coming up maybe your son will sit down and show you how to set everything up especially if you bribe him with extra pie!

FWIW, our "landline" is VOIP, not the old fashioned line into your house.

Yeah, we have VoIP phones are work, man they are awful. After 2 years our company switched VoIP providers. The new one is better, but still pretty bad. Seems every new employee we get asks why our phone system is so bad.
The first ATT repairman who came out to check out static on my landline "suggested" I switch to VoIP instead of making ATT replace the line from the street to my house.
Second guy....the one who actually had to climb in the hole that an independent contractor dug......understood exactly why I didn't want VoIP>

Kitty I think you might be getting all the terms mixed up. There are three different “areas” being discussed.

Your statement is the understatement of the year for me. :teeth: That's why you guys have been very helpful in explaining things. Now if I have understood every thing you guys have patiently written out for me........again, I will just say thank you all for your replies. And I'm sure my sons would say thank you also because this time I went to the DIS and not them. ;)

Not to do a brag out but the one son that usually helps me to understand these dilemmas just had my 2nd grand daughter today at 2:44. I wasn't going to throw paperless billings issues at him for a couple of days. ;)

Thanks again everyone! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter