Pandora in June - It won't be dark?

RedsDrew

Mouseketeer
I haven't seen any posts about this, so I'm curious. Currently, posted hours for June show that AK closes at 9 PM. That being said, sunset in Orlando in June is after 9 PM. So basically, am I right in thinking that no one in June will get to see the lighting effects of the land?

Just curious, as it just crossed my mind when trying to strategize parks/attractions.

It's way too early to say, park hours change. We were there last June, and saw it at night. I think the park was open until either 10pm or 11pm. At 9pm, I think it's getting dark, but not fully dark. Just give it time, I'll bet they extend hours.

Epcot has been showing Illuminations at 9 pm year-round for years. It has always seemed pretty dark by then, even in the summer. Sunset is between 8:18 and 8:27 through the month of June.

Sunset during the 8 o'clock hour doesn't seem to give a whole lot of time for people to look at things, if park closes at 9 PM. We're going in early June, was curious about this too.

Sunset during the 8 o'clock hour doesn't seem to give a whole lot of time for people to look at things, if park closes at 9 PM. We're going in early June, was curious about this too.

They don’t REALLY close at 9 though. You just can’t get in line for the attractions, or eat in the restaurant past 9. You can still wander around and shop in the store.

We were there last June and saw Pandora at night..... and had lots of time after as well. Thinking back- I believe the fireworks at MK were at 9:00 every night and it was definitely dark. I’m thinking it gets dark before 9. We went through Pandora at night and then rode the safari before we left, so there will be plenty of time.

I haven't seen any posts about this, so I'm curious. Currently, posted hours for June show that AK closes at 9 PM. That being said, sunset in Orlando in June is after 9 PM. So basically, am I right in thinking that no one in June will get to see the lighting effects of the land?

Just curious, as it just crossed my mind when trying to strategize parks/attractions.
The hours will change. We were there the 2nd week of this past June. No issues with the nighttime experience in Pandora.

Even before sunset the sun is moving from its peak position in the sky, so it starts to get darker ... there are a lot of trees and buildings (and buildings disguised as other things) surrounding Pandora. So you should see glowing and get a lot of the effects earlier than you may think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter