Pandora at night

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
is this worth waiting around for. is pandora lit up in a spectacular way that it's worth seeing. not sure whether to schedule another park at night or wait and stay in AK. we usually end AK late afternoon.

While it's nice to see it at night, I didn't think it was overly special and it's a fairly small area. I personally would not wait around for it if I was otherwise done at AK and ready to move on. That said, for us, AK is a full day park now.

While it's nice to see it at night, I didn't think it was overly special and it's a fairly small area. I personally would not wait around for it if I was otherwise done at AK and ready to move on. That said, for us, AK is a full day park now.
Totally agree on all counts! ;)

Pandora at night is pretty, and I actually find that the rest of AK at night is quite gorgeous, so it's nice to visit at night. But, I wouldn't go super far out of my way to be there at night. Also agree that AK can easily take a whole day.

Honestly, I was a little underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty, but I would not say it is spectacular.

We visited Pandora during the day and at night. We prefer night. It's really pretty, and if you have any photopass photos taken, the night shots are more impressive than the day photos. My daughter and I have a trip planned in Dec, and I will schedule Pandora time for after dark for that trip.

I like Pandora better by night. It's not as spectacular as I was fantasizing, the "lighted walkways" are just a splash of paint and some black-lights, but overall the visual effects and sounds blend well at night. Good to see it then, but I would not go out of my way to see it at night.

I like Pandora better by night. It's not as spectacular as I was fantasizing, the "lighted walkways" are just a splash of paint and some black-lights, but overall the visual effects and sounds blend well at night. Good to see it then, but I would not go out of my way to see it at night.

the black lights really messed with my eyes,I did not like it but appreciated the effect.

We've always been knocked out by Animal Kingdom at night even before there was a Pandora. EE at night is one of the greatest experiences to be had in all of WDW.

Last summer I couldn't make it all day at AK, I called it a night around 7 and was sad, but there was no way. When DD and I went back in October, we planned on not arriving at AK until dinner time so we could see Pandora at night. It is amazing! I'd never been at AK that late and the entire park is so neat at night. So easy to get lost though (at least, for me anyway!)

We backtracked to Pandora after Rivers of Light and it was pretty cool at night. You don't get the detail, but it's interesting.

Rivers of Light on the other hand, well that was underwhelming!

This is probably a silly question and I apologize in advance if it makes anyone roll their eyes...

When AK closes at 9:30 with RoL at 10, will they allow guests who show up at the entrance to Pandora at 9:45 to stroll through?

(Last trip we ended our AK day by riding EE over and over just before close - it was an unexpected magical moment, y'know? :cloud9: Thought we'd attempt to do that again on our upcoming April trip, but after hearing about the bioluminscence in Pandora.....yep, now I'm trying to concoct some plan that lets us do both. :faint: Whatever happens, the insights here have been helpful, a reminder that skipping nighttime Pandora is not a punishable crime. :))

Yes! EE at night is phenomenal! Riding it over and over again in the dark with our 7 yo was a top highlight of our last trip!
Same!!

I would agree that AK at night is truly spectacular but I wouldn't necessarily make a special trip to see Pandora at night. I'd actually be more inclined to make sure I saw the Tree of Life at night than that I saw Pandora at night. But I mean sure, if you're going to be there stroll on through...

We made a point of going to see Pandora at night, and it was SO dark! I was lost and couldn’t find my way around!

It was pretty, but I would have preferred it to be just a little lighter and easier to maneuver through.

We loved everything about Pandora, and the Valley of Mo'ara (as the outside portion is called) was spectacular. At night, it's beautiful and so immersive. The combination of visuals and sound made me, for one, feel like I was on an alien planet! Quite a suspension of disbelief.

Try this: explore Pandora at night, then, just before closing time, get in line for one of the rides. You'll get to enjoy the land and a relatively short wait for the rides (especially Na'vi River, which might be a walk on by then).

The entire park is a must at night!

Even before Pandora AK was our favourite park at night. You can’t beat EE in the dark.

The ambiance of evenings at AK is amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!