PANCAKES!!! Tell me the best ones!

Farro

Argh.
Micky - guy in my avatar - is a pancake FIEND. He requested this thread to get your opinions on the best pancakes at The World.

Only requirement is table service, but location doesn't matter.

Help Micky find the best pancakes! :)

CG brunch. Light and fluffy not doughy and nuked or steam tabled.
Comes in different flavours seasonally but pretty sure buttermilk is always on the menu.

Thanks! I've read about the brunch, it seems like a commitment. :) Would have to make the brunch reservation on a break day because I will stuff myself there...

Pineapple Banana at Caribbean Beach. If you're willing to branch out into French toast- the cream cheese guava stuffed French toast is also delicious!

Pineapple Banana at Caribbean Beach. If you're willing to branch out into French toast- the cream cheese guava stuffed French toast is also delicious!

That would be something different and we've never been to CBR. Thanks! :)

Here's the thing about pancakes (at least as far as I'm concerned) -- they are a vehicle for the conveyance of the syrup. As such the syrup is the most important factor. So, what restaurant brings you the best pancake syrup??? Something really maple-y and not too watery?

Last edited:
The pineapple macadamia nut pancakes are to die for. My favorite by far. I had the Wave's sweet potato pancakes. The first batch wasn't cooked all the way. The second batch tasted good but they were not as good as those pineapple Macadamia nut ones at Kona. I dream about those things!

Agree with others that the Kona macadamia pancakes are great. Also the sweet potato at the Wave; especially with the flavored butter on them. Another option is Grand Floridian Cafe. They have plain pancakes, but you can add all kinds of cool toppings to them.

You can order the sweet potato pancakes at The Wave a la carte, and they are fantastic. That would be my choice, though the macadamia nut pancakes at Kona are extremely popular.

Grand Floridian Café - you can get different toppings. Excellent. You can also order them for lunch.

CG brunch. Light and fluffy not doughy and nuked or steam tabled.
Comes in different flavours seasonally but pretty sure buttermilk is always on the menu.
Lots of good suggestions but the ones at California Grill brunch are by far superior. Though one could argue that filling up on pancakes at an $80 brunch might not be the most economical choice :)

Here's the thing about pancakes (at least as far as I'm concerned) -- they are a vehicle for the conveyance of the syrup. As such the syrup is the most important factor. So, what restaurant brings you the best pancake syrup??? Something really maple-y and not too watery?

The syrup at Ale and Compass fits your description: really maple-y and not too watery. It pleased this pancake enthusiast who uses only 100% maple syrup at home.

There are only 2 places I know of that offer maple syrup: CG and BWI CL. Sadly, GF CL @ Sugar Loaf does not offer maple syrup when I was there having an epiphany over the value of freshly made Mickey waffles. There could well be more but we are not big on eating hot breakfasts so probably missed a lot of places.

Pretty sure both places offered grade A but at home my fav is grade B for a more robust maple taste. The viscosity/thickness of all 100 % maple syrups are the same unless something like corn syrup is added to it.

Lots of good suggestions but the ones at California Grill brunch are by far superior. Though one could argue that filling up on pancakes at an $80 brunch might not be the most economical choice :)
Ahhhhhhhhh but but you can have steak and eggs with that as well as "twenty million" different types of mouth smacking appetizers;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter