Pancake Place

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Is there one that is not too far from Aulani. A friend would like coconut pancakes with macadamia nuts. We have always just made breakfast in our villa, besides the character breakfast.

Anna Miller's is near Pearl Harbor and they have good pancakes at all hours. We also went to MAC 24/7 inside the Hilton in Waikiki (Hilton Waikiki Beach, not Hilton Hawaiian Village). MAC 24/7 was on Man vs Food for their pancake challenge. They were decent.

Honestly, the best macadamia nut pancakes we had was at AMA AMA right at Aulani. They had a vanilla cream sauce on top with macadamia nuts. Decent portion. They were amazing! No coconut though.

Kia Pancake place is supposed to be really good too. (Pretty sure I've got the name right....)

I love banana mac nut pancakes myself. But the coconut ones are supposed to be killer too! :love:

I agree with nkereina about AMA AMA's pancakes. YUM!!! Btw, I prefer AMA AMA for breakfast and lunch as opposed to dinner. I can enjoy that gorgeous view in the daylight. Shhhhhh. :flower:

Thank you! My cousin is coming over today to plan. I appreciate the input!! We have character breakfast ADR, do we need ADR for Ama Ama?

We are less than 3 months away!!

Last edited:

do we need ADR for Ama Ama?

You said you're 3 months away, so I assume you're going late September? That's when we were there. We had a breakfast ADR for AMA AMA but the restaurant was maybe a 1/4 empty. You likely could have been seated as a walk-up. Dinner usually requires an ADR. Unlike WDW, there's no ADR cancellation penalty at Aulani so it doesn't hurt to make the ADR and then cancel if your plans change.

There’s an “Eggs & Things” opening up across the street at the shopping center, so they might be open and have your pancakes there by the time you go

I’d always make the reservations at a Ama Ama for breakfast, and then cancel if you don’t want to go, better safe than sorry. Unlike the parks, there’s no charge if you cancel a reservation.

I’d always make the reservations at a Ama Ama for breakfast, and then cancel if you don’t want to go, better safe than sorry. Unlike the parks, there’s no charge if you cancel a reservation.

Agreed! I prefer nice surprises on vacation! :cutie:

We will make an ADR. Thanks!

We are considering a cabana ar adult pool now.

We just made hotel reservations at the Pan Pacific in Vancouver. We are on a RCCL Cruise to Honolulu, this will be our second time going to Hawaii this way.

Kia Pancake place is supposed to be really good too. (Pretty sure I've got the name right....)

I love banana mac nut pancakes myself. But the coconut ones are supposed to be killer too! :love:

I agree with nkereina about AMA AMA's pancakes. YUM!!! Btw, I prefer AMA AMA for breakfast and lunch as opposed to dinner. I can enjoy that gorgeous view in the daylight. Shhhhhh.

It’s Koa Pancake House, but you were really close :) There’s one in Kapolei, so it’s much closer to Aulani than Anna Millers and MAC 24/7 (both of which, imo, are just ok). Lots of locals love Koa Pancake House, myself included, and it can be hard to find a seat on the weekends so go early.

If you’re willing to drive 40-50 minutes, check out Kimo and Boots in Kailua. They don’t take reservations and there’s always a 30-60 minute wait, even on weekdays. Cinnamon’s guava chiffon pancakes are another local dish worth seeking out.

It’s Koa Pancake House, but you were really close :) There’s one in Kapolei, so it’s much closer to Aulani than Anna Millers and MAC 24/7 (both of which, imo, are just ok). Lots of locals love Koa Pancake House, myself included, and it can be hard to find a seat on the weekends so go early.

If you’re willing to drive 40-50 minutes, check out Kimo and Boots in Kailua. They don’t take reservations and there’s always a 30-60 minute wait, even on weekdays. Cinnamon’s guava chiffon pancakes are another local dish worth seeking out.

Last time we went to Oahu, we stayed at the Hilton Waikiki, which is just across the street from Cinnamon's. I had heard about the guava chiffon pancakes and had been craving them the whole trip. We finally found time to eat there on our last morning, and they were unexpectedly closed:( Oh well, I think we will try Koa. It sounds good on is on our way to some stuff.

i just ate at Eggs 'n Things on Waikiki Beach. My wife enjoyed the Macadamia nut pancakes with coconut syrup.

You also should try Hawaiian breakfast favorites such as loco moco, Portuguese sausage and spam.

-Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!