Palo with Shellfish Allergy

disgreat

Earning My Ears
We are traveling on the Magic from New York to Canada in October.

This is our first cruise without DD who is headed to college.

So we figured it would be a great time to visit Palo.

The only problem is that I have a serious shellfish allergy.

Most of the menus that I have seen on-line show lots and lots of shellfish.

Can you still enjoy Palo if you can't have seafood????

Palo is very good at dealing with food allergies. You'll be well taken care of there.

My friend has an allergy that basically eliminated the entire dessert menu and several buffet items. She was given a tour of the buffet to show her which items were safe. The chef then came out for a quick consult. He ended up prepairing her a HUGE platter of safe desserts. She even told him not to go to the trouble and he still insisted. It was one of her favorite meals she's had.

I have a shellfish allergy and they made accommodations and the meal was amazing.

My friend has an allergy that basically eliminated the entire dessert menu and several buffet items. She was given a tour of the buffet to show her which items were safe. The chef then came out for a quick consult. He ended up prepairing her a HUGE platter of safe desserts. She even told him not to go to the trouble and he still insisted. It was one of her favorite meals she's had.
We recently had the Palo brunch and my wife has food allergies. The chef came out for the consult and also prepared a tray of desserts. Sounds like they're used to making that accommodation. Allergies or not, everyone thought it was the best brunch ever! Btw... I don't know what they're using for mimosas, but that wasn't your average brunch mimosa.

Just let them know. IMHO the staff at Palo is way better than the MDR staff. I don't like seafood and there's lots to eat. So far my favorite is the Lasagna Bolognese (sp?) and Eggs Benedict.

There is plenty at dinner too that is shellfish-free.

(I only note that because most people are assuming you are planning brunch and I didn't want you to be scared off from dinner if that was your planned meal.)

DW has a severe shellfish allergy. We have dined at Palo many times on our 9 (10 coming up!) cruises and she's never had an issue. The staff is very careful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter