Palo Brunch...

Are capri's considered shorts?

Pretty sure my mom had worn capris to Palo Brunch before...

Since capris are below the knees, I do not think there is a problem with them. (Why do I now have a vision of someone trying to pass off what are true shorts as “Just really short capris” stuck in my head?)

Count me as one who wishes they were more strict with the dress code, not only in Palo, but in the MDRs as well. But I am glad to see there is at least a line that will get one turned away. The idea of going to Palo or Remy is not only about the food, but the entire ambiance of upscale dining.

Any women’s shoe suggestions? I have an odd situation...

Our cruise starts June 1. I had all my formal dressy clothes selected in my head. I broke my leg 2 weeks ago and now have a very stylish boot (I pleaded for no cast since we were going on vacation). My current footwear rotates around a selection of 4-5 different running shoes for the good leg. I need something higher to balance the height of the boot. I’m also on crutches.

No way can I navigate a heel with the boot and crutches. I can probably walk with a dressier flip flop, but don’t want to get rejected at Palo. The boot is so bulky and ugly.
I’d get a nice long maxi and wear your sneakers and hope they don’t notice.

I’d get a nice long maxi and wear your sneakers and hope they don’t notice.
Any women’s shoe suggestions? I have an odd situation...

Our cruise starts June 1. I had all my formal dressy clothes selected in my head. I broke my leg 2 weeks ago and now have a very stylish boot (I pleaded for no cast since we were going on vacation). My current footwear rotates around a selection of 4-5 different running shoes for the good leg. I need something higher to balance the height of the boot. I’m also on crutches.

No way can I navigate a heel with the boot and crutches. I can probably walk with a dressier flip flop, but don’t want to get rejected at Palo. The boot is so bulky and ugly.

Boy can I empathize with you! I'm in a nearly identical situation, except in my case it is a ruptured tendon near the ankle.

In my opinion, the rules are a little different in this case. We medically cannot wear dress shoes. Maybe call DCL to be sure, but I can't imagine anyone turning you away when you are wearing a walking boot (plus a sneaker on the other foot, because you need to balance) for legitimate medical reasons.

By the way - have you seen the EvenUp? You wear this on the other foot to balance the height a little better. It's really been helpful for me!

https://smile.amazon.com/Original-E...oe&qid=1558466151&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&th=1

I just read an article that said chunky white sneakers and dresses are the “in style” fashion for summer!

By the way - have you seen the EvenUp? You wear this on the other foot to balance the height a little better. It's really been helpful for me!

https://smile.amazon.com/Original-EVENupTM-Shoe-Balancer-Leveler/dp/B074DM5K3R/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=evenup+shoe&qid=1558466151&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&th=1

DW had one of those when she was in a boot. Made life soooo much easier for her. No worries about gait being messed up and having to relearn proper walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter