Palo Brunch...

88golf88

DisneyKid@27
Is the dress code for Palo Brunch any different than dinner? Would I be allowed to wear nice shorts and a polo or are pants a must for brunch?

Per the DCL website:
To preserve the elegant ambiance of this restaurant, you are asked to adhere to a dress code when dining at Palo. We recommend dress pants or slacks and a collared shirt for men, and a dress, skirt or pants and a blouse for women. Jeans may also be worn if in good condition (no holes). Please no tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, shorts, hats, cut-offs, torn clothing, t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

Doesn't say anything about a difference for brunch and dinner. Remy relaxes the dress code between dinner and brunch; nothing stated about Palo. They've already relaxed it to allow jeans; I'm fine with drawing the line at shorts. (Since how would you deal with "my" definition of nice shorts versus "your" definition of nice shorts?)

Per the DCL website:
To preserve the elegant ambiance of this restaurant, you are asked to adhere to a dress code when dining at Palo. We recommend dress pants or slacks and a collared shirt for men, and a dress, skirt or pants and a blouse for women. Jeans may also be worn if in good condition (no holes). Please no tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, shorts, hats, cut-offs, torn clothing, t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

Doesn't say anything about a difference for brunch and dinner. Remy relaxes the dress code between dinner and brunch; nothing stated about Palo. They've already relaxed it to allow jeans; I'm fine with drawing the line at shorts. (Since how would you deal with "my" definition of nice shorts versus "your" definition of nice shorts?)

And I can see what you mean about "my" definition versus someone else...in my opinion a pair of shorts worn with a nice polo looks nicer than jeans does anyways. But again, this is why we asked as this is my first time cruising with Disney.

Nope, my Dad got refused brunch entry last cruise because he had on shorts (nice, khaki dress shorts). He had to do the walk of shame and change into pants.

You're going to cancel because you can't wear shorts?

Correct. I just wont have pants with us and won't be packing them just for Palo. We were on the fence anyways, enough else for us to do to keep us occupied...plus not like we will be hurting for culinary options

And I can see what you mean about "my" definition versus someone else...in my opinion a pair of shorts worn with a nice polo looks nicer than jeans does anyways. But again, this is why we asked as this is my first time cruising with Disney.

I agree nice shorts can look better than jeans. I’m not a big fan of jeans being allowed in Palo either, but alas I don’t make the rules.

Correct. I just wont have pants with us and won't be packing them just for Palo. We were on the fence anyways, enough else for us to do to keep us occupied...plus not like we will be hurting for culinary options

As a total aside, I always pack one pair of long pants/sweatshirt for my hubby as 1. It can get cold in the dining rooms due to ac and 2. You just never know with the weather and those pants may come in handy.

But yes you will def not starve onboard regardless. If this is your first cruise i recommend skipping Palo, plenty of other things to do and see.

I agree nice shorts can look better than jeans. I’m not a big fan of jeans being allowed in Palo either, but alas I don’t make the rules.

I live in shorts and polos/button downs...I'm actually struggling at the thought of wearing tee shirts all day on the ship!!

As a total aside, I always pack one pair of long pants/sweatshirt for my hubby as 1. It can get cold in the dining rooms due to ac and 2. You just never know with the weather and those pants may come in handy.

But yes you will def not starve onboard regardless. If this is your first cruise i recommend skipping Palo, plenty of other things to do and see.

I'm wearing shorts anytime its over 50 degrees while on vacation...I work in an industry where khakis/dress pants are the norm, so its not like I dont own a pair or 25...just not on Disney trips!

Nope, my Dad got refused brunch entry last cruise because he had on shorts (nice, khaki dress shorts). He had to do the walk of shame and change into pants.

My dad also had to do the walk of shame. I told him to change and he was like its Disney, when would they ever refuse a patron based on attire. He says we have been to the parks multiple times and no one was refused based on attire so it shouldn't be any different. LOL he definitely made sure for palo dinner he didn't wear shorts. On top of that he lost is hat out to sea when he was walking back to the room to change.

I have seen a man get turned away with shorts on, and on the same day, 3 women in shorts and 1 woman in yoga/stretch pants and a concert type tshirt were inside dining. Go figure! The man looked much better than the woman in yoga pants.

I live in shorts and polos/button downs...I'm actually struggling at the thought of wearing tee shirts all day on the ship!!

Why not just wear polos on the ship then? My husband is more comfortable in collared shirts sometimes so he wears them even when the dress code is more casual.

Wear the type of shirt you are comfortable with. My DH has a thick neck. I make his buttoned / collared shirts that he wears every day. The necks on T-shirts are too tight on him.

I have seen a man get turned away with shorts on, and on the same day, 3 women in shorts and 1 woman in yoga/stretch pants and a concert type tshirt were inside dining. Go figure! The man looked much better than the woman in yoga pants.

I wore yoga pants to Palo brunch on my first cruise! We hadn't been able to book in advance so I figured we weren't doing it... But someone in my party knew better than I did and got us a reservation once we boarded. This was back when you couldn't wear jeans at all. Yoga pants were my only other option. Luckily I had a nicer button-down shirt and "dressy" flats so I think I looked okay.

Turned out to be a blessing in disguise for me... the stretch of the yoga pants really helped when I started eating everything in sight! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!