• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Palio at the Swan?

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
Has anyone ever eaten at Palio? How was it? Would you recommend it? Do they take PS's? Thanks so much!

We have eaten at Palio and will be there again in three weeks time (actually three weeks from today :)). It's a lovely restaurant, fine service, strolling musicians, and good food. Definitely recommend it. They now take PS through Disney dining (407-WDW-DINE).

Ralph

We have eaten there for years. Love it! Ask for Michael or Anthony - both are veteran servers. The musicians are great - please DM and DS. The lobster crepe, fresh salad, personal pizza (and I don't mean frozen) and veal are wonderful. Don't ever get desserts so I can't comment on those. They also have a great wine list. We love it and will be there ourselves April 6.

QBUSH
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Our absolute favorite restaurant! DS and I didn't go back here last January, but DH and I rave about the place, often! Fantastic veal dishes!

A not to miss restaurant. We had our anniversary dinner there last October and were thrilled with everything. It's become one of our new favorites.

We are considering Palio for a quiet dinner away from the boys one evening next trip. My concern is that it sounds really nice - maybe a little too nice. I really don't want to pack dress clothes for our WDW trip, but I don't want to feel out of place in our park-touring clothes at a nice restaurant either. What do those of you who have been to Palio wear there?

Originally posted by Kaycee
We are considering Palio for a quiet dinner away from the boys one evening next trip. My concern is that it sounds really nice - maybe a little too nice. I really don't want to pack dress clothes for our WDW trip, but I don't want to feel out of place in our park-touring clothes at a nice restaurant either. What do those of you who have been to Palio wear there?
For me, polo shirt and khaki shorts or Dockers (depending on the outside temperature). For DW, polo shirt or other knit fabric shirt and slacks. This is pretty much our park-touring clothes, since we usually reserve tee shirts for pool and exercise use.

Ralph

Absent bathing suits and tank tops on men, you can pretty much wear what you like at Palio. We're always in shorts when we dine there.

I am not NOT recomending it, but we were a little disappointed. We went there for our anniversary and got there somewhat early in the evening. The musicians just got started, played one song and then stopped...we never heard or saw them again. There weren't many people dining yet a large party of maybe 12-14 people with alot of loud children were seated right near us. We chose not to complain or make a big deal of it, but we did leave there feeling a bit disappointed. The food was okay, but not the best. Maybe we will try it again down the road, but it just wasn't everything we were expecting.

Hi Cali! Hope all is well with you! We dined at Palio last May, and it is now our favorite restaurant at WDW. We have a PS for our upcoming trip in April. I will post a review when I return.

When are you going to WDW?

I like many of the dishes at Palio. We order room service from there when styaing at the Swan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter