• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pak N Play ???

4greatboys

DIS Veteran
For those of you who have used the pak n play is it one that the bbay sleeps on the bottom or does it have that bassinett attachment with it? How did your kids sleep in it? My 5 month old sleeps great in his crib but we havent tried a pak n play yet.
Thanks

My daughter wasn't crazy about the pack n play once she hit 5 or six months. Prior to that she napped in it all the time. If you are planning on brining a pack n play to Disney or using one of theirs, I would suggest you try one at home first to get your child used to it and to see if your child will even like it. Good luck. :D

I haven't stayed in Disney with my little ones yet, but all the hotels we have stayed at had just the regular playpen-no bassinet. We have had pretty bad luck getting either of my girls to sleep through the night in the play pen when they were that young. I don't know if it is the unfamiliar surroundings or the thing is just not too comfortable. The longer our stay the easier it got to put my oldest in the play pen for a nap or overnight. With my youngest we ended up putting her in bed with us (definitely not a good nights sleep for anyone)when she was that young, because she would not tolerate the play pen (screaming at the top of her lungs) Now that she is 15 months she will sleep in it overnight if I pretend to sleep next to her on the sofa or bed until she falls asleep. My girls like to listen to their lullaby CDs when they go to bed so we definitely bring those. Hopefully your baby will be so tired out from WDW that he will be glad to go to sleep each night!

My 10 mo old has been using one regularly since he was tiny. Ours is just the regular one without the attachment. He sleeps in a paknplay 2 days per week at his sitter's and once inawhile for naps at home. We usually have no sleeping problems when we go on trips as long as we take the paknplay. We tried a hotel crib in June and really regretted it. I think the familar bed along with a blanket, stuffed animal or other "lovey" in an strange place is comforting and makes traveling with a small one much easier. Our other ds also used the paknplay at home as a baby and he was a great sleeper on trips. With our oldest, we only used the paknplay for trips and going to bed in a strange place was much more difficult for her than it seems to have been for her brothers.

Our DD was 18 months this past March when we stayed at Disney. There was no crib available and she had never slept in a pak n play. We never had a problem with her sleeping in it though. The pak n play we had did not have the bassinet thing in it.

Denise

I don't think you would want to use the bassinet part with a 5 mo old anyway . Unless they have changed a lot in the past few years, the bassinet part is very shallow and in not intended for a baby much over the newborn stage. A baby that can turn over would not be safe in one. We bought one 8 years ago just for travel becasue many non-disney locations charge a per night fee on cribs Our DS slept fine in it untill about 3 when we put him in regular bed.

Hi, newbie here.

I used the pack n play that Disney provided with my then 18 month old son. It was the type that they sleep on the bottom. The first night was a little tuff but after that the rest of the week went fine. I had it at the foot of our bed so that he didn't feel all alone. Plus he could see the tv (which I don't think your 5 month old will be watching)

Good luck!

We only used the basinett part when DD's were very small, after that I was too worried the first time she sat up would be in there and she would fall out. Ours sleep fine in it, but we usually bring our nature sounds box that plays in her room at night, or will play music, so it is more like home. You could also pack a sheet from home and use it in Disney's pack n play, so it would be more familiar. The sheets are reasonably cheap at Target, Babies R Us, etc.

Thanks everyone for your input. I am going to bring a sheet and his blanket from home so maybe he will sleep better. If he doesnt like sleeping in there then we will just move him to be bed with us. He sleeps really good at home--hope that continues after our trip, lol.

He's used it as a crib when we've travelled since he was about 4 months old. We still use it, and will be bringing it when we go to WDW 11/30. (He will be 31 months) The first night can be a little tough to get him to go down, but after that no problem.

I just be sure to have his blanket and his Elmo, and we are just fine!

Good Luck!!! And it's great that you're bringing the baby. Ours has been all over the place, and he is now a great traveller!!!

iluvtig

Just shows you have different kids are. After my DD hit 6 mos. she refused to sleep in a pack and play - any real crib anywhere was fine and easy, but NO PACK N PLAY! Just an FYI. All Sheratons and Westin hotels (the swan) and I believe the Dolphin, too have only REAL cribs at no extra charge!

Originally posted by ahutton
You could also pack a sheet from home and use it in Disney's pack n play, so it would be more familiar. The sheets are reasonably cheap at Target, Babies R Us, etc.

Disney does not provide sheets for the Pack -n- Plays that they have at the resorts, so you have to bring your own from home anyhow.

--Kathy

Our girls have used their pack -n-plays forever! We use them now as cribs when we go away & they haven't had a problem with them. The last time we went was in November and the girls were 10 months old so I requested cribs but the cribs in OKW were these huge metal ones & my girls were terrifed of them so we exchanged them for the pack n plays & the girls were fine. I think each child is different.Doe your child mind the pack n play at home? Definitely bring your own sheet & some toys also.

The Disney Bunch--we dont have a pak n play. I never needed one before I dont go anywhere, lol. I have the feeling our bed is going to be pretty crowded ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter