Painting with a twist

MrsCobraBubbles

Life's too short to wear pants all the time
Anyone tried it?

What do you think about the final product that you ended up with? You happy with it?

A friend wants me to do it but I have zero artistic ability. I'm worried I will end up with a colorful blob.

I’ve been a few times. It’s fun and no big deal if your painting doesn’t end up perfect. You follow along with the artist but they can also help touch up your painting. My kids have even gone and painted.

I’ve done it a couple of times. Both times it was more about hanging out and drinking wine.

One was a big family group during the holidays maybe 3 years or so ago. DH and I both painted. There were about 20 of us and I think everyone pulls the Santa paintings out every holiday season and displays them somewhere. It’s kind of a cool connection that we all have- similar Santas in houses across the country.
I wouldn’t display anything I painted all year round but it’s a cool nostalgic Christmas memory and fits in with a few things my kids made over the years that we enjoy once a year for a few weeks.

The other time, it turned out as terrible As expected for my skill level. I was going to trash it but DH, ever the proud supportive spouse, hung it in the garage where it has been for 2 or 3 years.

It’s a fun hang out/ girl’s night/ whatever but would I hang most of them? nope.

Last edited:

I’ve been a few times. It’s fun and no big deal if your painting doesn’t end up perfect. You follow along with the artist but they can also help touch up your painting. My kids have even gone and painted.
I saw they have "all ages" classes and I'm already planning to take my daughter this summer. She is so artistic and I know she would love it!

I’ve done it a couple of times. Both times it was more about hanging out and drinking wine.

One was a big family group during the holidays maybe 3 years or so ago. DH and I both painted. There were about 20 of us and I think everyone pulls the Santa paintings out every holiday season and displays them somewhere. It’s kind of a cool connection that we all have- similar Santas in houses across the country.
I wouldn’t display anything I painted all year round but it’s a cool nostalgic Christmas memory and fits in with a few things my kids made over the years that we enjoy once a year for a few weeks.

The other time, it turned out as terrible As expected for my skill level. I was going to trash it but DH, ever the proud supportive spouse, hung it in the garage where it has been for 2 or 3 years.

It’s a fun hang out/ girl’s night/ whatever but would I hang most of them- nope.
I'm thinking about asking the friend who is trying to drag me to this to just do a girls night where we hang out, open a bottle of wine, work on paint-by-number paintings from Amazon, watch Golden Girls on Hulu and eat cheesecake. Sounds about perfect to me, but she's a lot less introverted and actually likes to go out in public :)

I'm thinking about asking the friend who is trying to drag me to this to just do a girls night where we hang out, open a bottle of wine, work on paint-by-number paintings from Amazon, watch Golden Girls on Hulu and eat cheesecake. Sounds about perfect to me, but she's a lot less introverted and actually likes to go out in public :)

Ha! Last Christmas, a friend and coworker hosted a painting night at her house. There is a local lady who brings precut wooden door signs and all the supplies. A bunch of us hung out, drank wine (wine is big in my social circle), and painted door hangers. I did a Santa hat and hung it on my classroom door. The lady in charge cleaned up my messy polka dots so it looks ok. Again, as a holiday decoration, it’s fine.

I haven’t but want to. Dil and I keep saying we are going just haven’t yet.

The VP at our campus has gone a few times. The first time was a group from the college so the painting they did was the mascot. They turned out really nice and most of them have them hanging in their offices.

My former supervisor went with a group from her church. They all did one of a high heel. It turned out nice, just not a subject matter I would want.

Another conworker has gone too many times! He has a couple dozen paintings. He loves it. Some of his are really nice. Like one is a swamp scene with a shack and a pier.

See a lot with a fleur di lis during football season.

It’s a fun hang out/ girl’s night/ whatever but would I hang most of them- nope.
It's offered by many bars around town as a girls-night-out activity and referred to by those who attend as "drunk painting". Apparently it's not really about the painting, KWIM? :laughing:

A former co-worker got a group together for her retirement party. Let’s just say, do not worry about your painting ability. It was more fun, hang out and drink wine night

We did a group at a "paint your Pet" for a friends birthday. We sent in photos ahead of time and they sketched the photo onto the canvas. I have Zero artistic ablity and the painting of my boy turned out really good. We had wine, snacks and cupcakes and it was really a lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter