Paint the Night without sitting on the ground?

DizFan13

DIS Veteran
My DH and I want to see PTN on our upcoming trip next week, but he has knee issues that mean it is no longer possible for him to sit on the ground to camp a spot nor stand for longer than twenty or twenty-five minutes at time.

Is there any possible place or way that we can walk up to the parade just before it begins and stand to watch it?

Not that I can think of. You could do something like the Carthay Circle dining package or the Sonoma Terrace reception so you'd have reserved seating.

Yeah, just go to the start of the parade route back by Pixar Pier. You can absolutely find room for two people to stand shortly before the parade back there, and as a bonus, it’s the start of the route so you won’t have a long wait.

If it’s a crowded day, you may want to have him sit in the restaurant seating area while you stake out a spot for a bit, but if you stand with a backpack or something next to you for 15-20 minutes, you should be fine.

Yeah, just go to the start of the parade route back by Pixar Pier. You can absolutely find room for two people to stand shortly before the parade back there, and as a bonus, it’s the start of the route so you won’t have a long wait.

If it’s a crowded day, you may want to have him sit in the restaurant seating area while you stake out a spot for a bit, but if you stand with a backpack or something next to you for 15-20 minutes, you should be fine.
Thank you, Skyegirl.

You can also look for spots along Hollywood Blvd. and back by GOTG. Posters have reported finding great spots, even benches or just behind a bench, very shortly before the start of the parade.

You can also look for spots along Hollywood Blvd. and back by GOTG. Posters have reported finding great spots, even benches or just behind a bench, very shortly before the start of the parade.
Officially added to my notes. This is the only trip we'll take while PTN is happening, so we really don't want to miss it. I appreciate all the ideas. :disrocks:

There are a few benches along the parade route, but you would need to stake them out early and hope it isn't one that will be moved (usually you are safe along Buena Vista Street)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!