Paint questions

KJSJpipe

Mouseketeer
I have about two thirds of a 5 gallon bucket of my family room paint left from when we painted it 6 years ago. The first question is does paint go bad? And the other question is is there a way to change the sheen? It is a flat wall paint (kinda scrub green). I wanted to know if I could add something to make it an eggshell sheen so it is still almost flat but easier to clean and with a little sheen to it. Could I possibly get say a quart of the same type/color paint in a higher sheen and mix them together?

I am by NO means a paint expert....But I do think paint left in a can dose have a shelf life. I'd call up a paint store and just ask em. We just painted a couple rooms last week...and I think I remember seeing them add something to one of the cans to make it a diffrent sheen. But I could be wrong. Getting the same color but in a higher sheen...I'm not thinking would work. For one we were always told to make sure you get enough of the color the first time...because trying to make the EXACT same color is next to impossable. ....It'll be close but chances are not an exact match....of course if your thinking of mixing it with your old paint...youd for sure get a totally diffrent shade of the same color anyways...again....I'm also not sure if mixing new paint with 6 year old paint is a good idea anyways.

Maybe someone else can help you out. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts