Paid parking is coming to WDW resorts March 2018

Will the new resort parking fees impact your travel (planned or future)?

• Not at all

Votes: 234 28.6%
  • I might consider staying off site

Votes: 245 30.0%
  • I will keep my currently booked trip, but will not stay on site after that

Votes: 161 19.7%
  • I will cancel my booked trip and stay off site instead

Votes: 37 4.5%
  • I will not be returning to Disney parks in the foreseeable future

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 61 7.5%

• Total voters
I sort of feel like the insanely high cost to stay on site should already include the parking fee!

We drive to Florida and obviously have no choice but to park our car.

There are plenty of spaces for resort guests to park. This seems like a money grab on Disney’s part.

I’ve always wanted to stay at the Poly, so I’ll likely keep this year’s reservation regardless. But I am going to seriously look at offsite accommodation in the future if this parking fee materializes.

I could see them doing it. Guests at the three DLR hotels are required to pay for parking if they have a vehicle.

Do the good neighbor hotels that now get the 60 day fast passes all charge resort fees and parking? might be time to look at those

We have DVC, so I am unsure how the trips on points would be affected. I remember when we had free valet. And ten we didn't. So this does not surprise me. We stay on site, points or cash. I am not at all happy with a lot of the changes. I have been going since Oct '71, that is a lot of years. For the last 20 yrs, while my kids were growing it was always multiple trips per yr and AP. This past year we finally skipped entirely, needed a break from crowds and costs. This just makes me think it will be 2 yr skip next time.

I posted this earlier on the resort board, not realizing that there was a thread about this here.

"I have someone that is a CM, I swear not a bus driver, but someone that knows things, that is a friend. He told me that Disney is now going to begin to charge an overnight parking fee at all the resorts at WDW. I was told that it would be like $34 per night at the deluxe resorts. When pressed for an answer as to why Disney was going to start doing this, Disney said that everyone else does it.

This info is supposed to hit tomorrow. Be ye' forewarned."

Last edited:
Do the good neighbor hotels that now get the 60 day fast passes all charge resort fees and parking? might be time to look at those

Sometimes Mousesavers has special deals with some of those hotels that include free parking. I know there was one for the Doubletree that I was considering in the January newsletter.

Sometimes Mousesavers has special deals with some of those hotels that include free parking. I know there was one for the Doubletree that I was considering in the January newsletter.

Costco was offering Swan and Dolphin with no resort fee. Maybe that was a good deal. I know if it is $34 a day I will not be renting a car anymore for sure.

Are they talking about making the guests of that resort pay, as well? Or just people parking there who aren't staying at a resort? If it's the latter, that makes sense, and will help keep plenty of parking available for actual guests. If it's the former, that's pretty bad, as Disney resorts are already overpriced & tacking on a daily parking fee would be unreasonable.
Charging people to park who are going to that resort for dinner may turn away guests. I wouldn’t go for adding an extra $20-$25 on my dinner bill for parking. But then again I think the whole idea of adding a daily parking fee onto already overpriced resorts is just a blatant cash grab. Pretty much neutralizes and room discount they eek out.

Also The B Resort. I’ve seen Mousesavers discount codes that include free parking and no or discounted resort fees on their preferred hotels.

$34 a day is ridiculous. Swan/Dolphin is $20. It really discourages people within driving distance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter