• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paging JessicaR

Earl

Man of Mystery
Maria,

Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and your community. We certainly hope that this tragedy has not touched your family.

Please let us know if there is anything that any of us can do. God be with you all.....

I must add to this even though I am new to the boards. I know I am not well known, or a "regular", but my heart aches for any and all who have family and friends that are affected by this National tragedy. My thoughts are with all my fellow Americans & with my friends on the DIS boards.
Earl, your message was beautifully written & I agree with you, thank you for allowing me to follow suit & elaborate on your heartfelt comments.

Yes, Maria. Let us know how you are! What a horrendous day this has been. I can't believe what happened to my home!

Earl,

A heartfelt thank you:) I think this is the first time since 9A that I have smiled. How caring and considerate you and all concerned are. My family is located 50 miles east of the city. My immediate family is all safe. Thank God. This has affected us all on such a deep level. I am just shaking inside from this tradgedy and the repercussions that are sure to follow. I pray for all the families that were not as fortunate. For the longest time this morning I kept expecting to wake from this nightmare and still yet it seems so surreal. We have 200 firefighters and 78 police officers missing at this time. Please pray for them and thier families.

Thanks for letting us hear from you, Maria. I thought of you this morning and wished I knew where you live in city. You New Yorkers stood so tall and brave today. Everyone seemed to come together to help and share and do whatever. I'll never believe anyone, again, who says anything bad about you guys!

I will have you all in my prayers.

God Bless America.

Nan

Glad to hear that your ok. I wish everyone the best with this attack on our great nation.

Again I am relieved to know you're okay. I am still trying to find friends and relatives in that area. I agree, we must continue to pray.

God bless...

I am so glad that you and your family are safe. I will continue to pray for all who have been affected by this tragedy.

Glad you and Robin are safe. I pray everyone finds their loved ones safe as well.

Just an update from a week ago. It is time that I try and get myself together. As most of you know we returned from a most wonderful 10 day vacation 3 days prior to the attacks on the USA. So sad, but I have all but forgotten those happy days. Incredible how my happy memories have been replaced with sadness and fear that surrounds me daily. I want so badly to be able to reflect a happier time and be able to relive those days before last tuesday. Tuesday evening the events became personal for me. I recieved a call from my best friend growing up that her Uncle was in the WTC and hasnt been heard from (as many have not). My receptionist at work has lost her son also in the WTC that day. In addition we have so many firemen and policemen in our area that have been lost. This tradgedy unfolds and grows on a daily basis. The emergency workers and civilians I have been in touch with that have been there helping everyday will never be the same. I apologize if this is so gloomy and depressing. I have been coming to this board for quite some time and it brings me comfort to get it out. I want to smile again and I want to remove myself from this funk! My thinking is that I will write my trip reports and post them as I do, after all that was my happiest thoughts prior to all of this. I am not someone to bury their head in the sand but as of yesterday I am seriously thinking of planning a trip to return to Universal/Orlando ASAP. I just think my family needs something to look forward to. That plus the fact that after all of this more than ever I am living for today! It warms my heart to read posts of others that give and support our Country so unselfishly. I pray that with the help of all that want to see terrorism stopped in its tracks that we can all look forward to a brighter future. I am very proud of everyone involved everywhere and will continue to pray for us all.

Robin...I am in hopes that your loved ones have been heard from. Dave O...I feel your pain. I myself have been unable to go past that area yet. Kelly, I read that you will be in town for business tomorrow and I hope you find the strength that you require to get through it. I would be dreading it too. Renee...I read a post that your hubby is a pilot...I pray for your family while he is away from you and I pray he remains safe always. Donna (molokai) Thanks for the e-card:) Nan and lovelyk,Barry,Seahag...thanks for thinking about me and sending your good wishes.

I am in need of a distraction...The Universal Boards are my choice and what a GREAT choice it is:)

Wow, Maria. What a tragedy for your friends. This nightmare have affected so many people in so many ways.

Thanks for asking, but I have found all of my relatives and some of my friends. We were blessed that my niece moved to San Francisco just last month because she worked for a year in the North Tower! She moved because her rent went up 25% and she got a great offer in California where she went to school. We actually tried to talk her out of it. Thank God she got out of there.

Sadly though, she has not been able to reach anyone she worked with. She is so distraught.

I check the missing lists daily and pray I don't find anyone I recognize. :(

I, too, find some solace in planning another trip to Orlando. First I have to convince my son to get on a plane again!

God bless, Maria, and have a good cry. This has been trying on all of us. The good thing is that it truly makes us count our blessings...

Thanks for posting Maria. I too have been grateful for these boards during this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter