Paddlefish wedding

Tash182

Earning My Ears
Hi!

Myself and my partner have decided we would like to get married at the paddlefish in Disney springs. Has anyone got any experience of having a wedding taking place there?

We really liked the look of the Intimate Weddings of Orlando package, but were disappointed by the lack of customer service when we contacted them (one word answers to our emails, not even a hello or kind regards!). Has anyone booked through them and had a good experience? Or booked the paddlefish through someone else they can recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Myself and my partner have decided we would like to get married at the paddlefish in Disney springs. Has anyone got any experience of having a wedding taking place there?

We really liked the look of the Intimate Weddings of Orlando package, but were disappointed by the lack of customer service when we contacted them (one word answers to our emails, not even a hello or kind regards!). Has anyone booked through them and had a good experience? Or booked the paddlefish through someone else they can recommend?

Thanks in advance!
Hi,
My partner and I were also looking at Paddlefish for next year and contacted Intimate Weddings of Orlando. We had the same experience, poor customer service and didn't really answer our questions. Such a shame since the package looks great. I did go ahead and contacted Paddlefish directly. They put our wedding date on hold for us but did refer us to Intimate Weddings of Orlando and stated that they work with them all they time and that they are great. So it sounds like once you book they take more investment. I would also love to hear if anyone else has used them and how their experience was or if there is any other company.

Last edited:
I believe that Just Marry has recently added Paddlefish to their roster of Disney-area wedding locations, and they have a sterling reputation among Disney couples. Paddlefish isn't on their site yet (they just announced it yesterday), but give them a call:

Hi,
My partner and I were also looking at Paddlefish for next year and contacted Intimate Weddings of Orlando. We had the same experience, poor customer service and didn't really answer our questions. Such a shame since the package looks great. I did go ahead and contacted Paddlefish directly. They put our wedding date on hold for us but did refer us to Intimate Weddings of Orlando and stated that they work with them all they time and that they are great. So it sounds like once you book they take more investment. I would also love to hear if anyone else has used them and how their experience was or if there is any other company.

I believe that Just Marry has recently added Paddlefish to their roster of Disney-area wedding locations, and they have a sterling reputation among Disney couples. Paddlefish isn't on their site yet (they just announced it yesterday), but give them a call:

We actually contacted Just Marry on Monday as their reviews looked great and we thought we'd try our luck and they have been brilliant! We didn't know they had only just added Paddlefish but Danielle was amazing and immediately contacted Paddlefish directly to check availability of our date... she was really quick at replying and has answered all of our silly questions so we've put our date on hold with them.

We have so much more faith in them already! :rolleyes:

Paddlefish was opened just after we booked with DFTW, but it SO was on my list of places we were considering for a while! If it wouldn't have worked out with our DFTW package, we definitely would have went that route (I actually was depressed about NOT going with them for a while, even to the point of thinking I should cancel my DFTW contract, until my mom convinced me of how silly I was being! Lol) Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it if you do end up booking with them!

We actually contacted Just Marry on Monday as their reviews looked great and we thought we'd try our luck and they have been brilliant! We didn't know they had only just added Paddlefish but Danielle was amazing and immediately contacted Paddlefish directly to check availability of our date... she was really quick at replying and has answered all of our silly questions so we've put our date on hold with them.

Considering Paddlefish myself (debating between that and S&D). Were you ultimately able to work with JM after all? Do they have packages in place? Seems odd it wouldn't be anywhere on their website yet.

Just Marry have been great, really friendly and quick at answering any emails. We’ve held the date at Paddlefish with them (we’re getting married end of 2020 and can only confirm the date 18 months out), and they’ve been happy to answer any questions.

I think they’re currently putting their packages together with Paddlefish (from what I can see on their Instagram stories lol), we just wanted venue hire and event coordinator so not a problem for us. Maybe contact them directly to see if there’s anything they can offer you that isn’t advertised yet?

I’d definitely recommend them so far, will keep you posted if anything changes though!

Considering Paddlefish myself (debating between that and S&D). Were you ultimately able to work with JM after all? Do they have packages in place? Seems odd it wouldn't be anywhere on their website yet.

Just Marry have been great, really friendly and quick at answering any emails. We’ve held the date at Paddlefish with them (we’re getting married end of 2020 and can only confirm the date 18 months out), and they’ve been happy to answer any questions.

I think they’re currently putting their packages together with Paddlefish (from what I can see on their Instagram stories lol), we just wanted venue hire and event coordinator so not a problem for us. Maybe contact them directly to see if there’s anything they can offer you that isn’t advertised yet?

I’d definitely recommend them so far, will keep you posted if anything changes though!

Actually, I don't know if this is literally new from yesterday (I swear I didn't see it there!), but I just saw Paddlefish listed on their "Just Plan" section (which is their more DIY section). That's actually perfect for us, because we don't need an officiant. It does say Paddlefish has a food & beverage minimum, which varies according to time of day, so I will have to look into that.

We did not have a Paddlefish wedding (we got married at the WDW Swan), but we did go through Just Marry & I just want to say they were FANTASTIC!!! Our planner was Karen Gingerich, who I think has moved on to a higher position over there, and she was super responsive (even before we finalized the booking through them), very sweet, and made everything easy & stress free. I HIGHLY recommend Just Marry!!! Everyone we worked with through them was just lovely :cloud9:

Actually, I don't know if this is literally new from yesterday (I swear I didn't see it there!), but I just saw Paddlefish listed on their "Just Plan" section (which is their more DIY section). That's actually perfect for us, because we don't need an officiant. It does say Paddlefish has a food & beverage minimum, which varies according to time of day, so I will have to look into that.

That's so funny, I definitely hadn't seen it there either! But yes looks like all the details and packages are up on their website now :)
When I initially contacted Paddlefish directly they said (regarding f&b):
"The Food & Beverage Minimum Purchase for the Rooftop Private Room is currently $1500.00, plus tax and service charge, if the event concludes by 3:00 pm. The Food & Beverage Minimum Purchase after 4:00 pm is currently $3000.00, plus tax and service charge."

Hope this helps!

We did not have a Paddlefish wedding (we got married at the WDW Swan), but we did go through Just Marry & I just want to say they were FANTASTIC!!! Our planner was Karen Gingerich, who I think has moved on to a higher position over there, and she was super responsive (even before we finalized the booking through them), very sweet, and made everything easy & stress free. I HIGHLY recommend Just Marry!!! Everyone we worked with through them was just lovely :cloud9:

Ahh that's so good to hear! I have to say they have been nothing but amazing so far, and their emails seem genuinely excited for us which is always nice :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!