"Pacsafe"

Tikitoi

DIS Veteran
Anyone ever use these bags? They are "antitheft" in that they have a wire in the strap so if someone tries to cut your bag by way of the strap, they wouldn't be able to. Would anyone feel the need to purchase one of these. I was reading on another board about pickpocketers and international travel, so that's why they were saying good to have one of these. Keeps your valuables safe and close with you. And still not able to cut through that wire! If they tried that. :rolleyes1Not sure if I am just worrying too much about things. Also, what does everyone use to pay for "extras" on these trips? Traveler checks, credit cards, plain old cash? Thanks

I have two pacsafe bags - the metrosafe100 and the citysafe100. I love them both.

In addition to the wires in the straps, they have a feature to secure the zipper closed, so it is hard for a pickpocket to reach into the bag.

I've never actually needed one to foil a robber, but I do think just having their little logo visible makes one less of a target to begin with. Theives know to go for the easy take.

Other features make these great travel bags: they are very lightweight. They are designed to fit comfortably against you when worn cross-body, but are also adjustable to be carried like a regular purse (citysafe) or as a hip pouch (metrosafe.) The insides have lots of little pockets for organizing, so you can carry everything you need AND find it with minimal rooting around - this is also a safety feature, as that is prime distraction time.

They clean up easily with a wet wipe, too.

on the other question: depends on where you are going. But very few places take traveler's checks anymore.

I have two pacsafe bags - the metrosafe100 and the citysafe100. I love them both.

on the other question: depends on where you are going. But very few places take traveler's checks anymore.

If you don't mind me asking where did you get yours from? I found them on Amazon but I'm not quite sure of what size to purchase since I am wanting one to hold my cellphone (flip style), passport, credit card and some cash. I also prefer a crossbody type, rather than one that goes around your neck. Geuss I'll have to skip the Travel Checks.

I have a backpack and a messenger bag/computer bag thing. I love them... use them going to work frequently as well as for this upcoming trip. There are featured I will likely never use (like the ability to lock the handle/strap to a table) but the pockets for organization are great and they are water resistant too (most of them, at any rate) so a bit of rain isn't going to get into the insides.

My DH thinks I'm paranoid, and I probably am... but I know what I will be carrying in these... and I would rather be overly cautious than to be the one that gets their laptop/camera/wallet/ipod/<whatever> stolen because I didn't go the extra couple steps to prevent the temptation. Heck, I even got pacsafe straps for my cameras... The pictures of these trips mean too much to me to take the chance of someone deciding it is a nice camera...

I got my laptop bag/messenger bag on ebay for about 35 dollars (new in it's original wrapping). It was "last year's" model or something like that... it is olive green so not a color that I might have picked, but I carry it and really like the bag in general... and I saved about 80 dollars on buying it retail.

Hope this helps.
ff2009

We purchased the Pac-Safe fanny bags for an international trip due to fear of pickpockets. If you want security, then we would hightly recommend them. If you want security and convenience, we wouldn't recommend them.

The fanny-pack version is extremely secure as it locks to your body and the main compartments of the bag itself lock. There is one small pocket that remains unlocked so that you can keep a little cash in it so that you don't need to have unlock the pack everytime you need something. The extra pocket is on the inside of the pack, right next to your body making it very difficult for anyone else to access.

Again, just keep the purpose of why you want the pack in mind when buying one. Just don't use it to store anything for which you might need regular access throughout the day.

If you don't mind me asking where did you get yours from? I found them on Amazon but I'm not quite sure of what size to purchase since I am wanting one to hold my cellphone (flip style), passport, credit card and some cash. I also prefer a crossbody type, rather than one that goes around your neck. Geuss I'll have to skip the Travel Checks.

They have them on a few sites. If you want to see them before you buy on you can go to the website and go to find a store and see if there is a store near you that sells them. http://www.pac-safe.com/www/index.php

I got mine at our local luggage store (privately owned, not a big chain) for a little less than I found online. For how little you want to carry, you'd probably be fine with the metrosafe.

I didn't find the zipper clip at all inconvenient, but I never did actually put a lock on it, either.

Here's a picture of the metrosafe in use. I'm a smallish person so you can get an idea of how it might work for you.
southwesttrip710.jpg

We love our Pacsafe bags. We have the backpack with computer sleeve, waist packs, and a metrosafe 100. When we were in Pisa in 2007 someone attempted to cut the strap of the metrosafe 100 that my 21 year old daughter was carrying. Imagine his surprise when he was not successful and we were able to raise enough of afuss that it got the attention of the police that were near by and they handled the situation.

The thing I like about all of these items is that they can be used as an additional safe in a hotel room because they can be locked to any fixed object. We usually use the bar in the closet when we lock them. it has served us well for securing our laptop out of sight.

I got mine at our local luggage store (privately owned, not a big chain) for a little less than I found online. For how little you want to carry, you'd probably be fine with the metrosafe.

I didn't find the zipper clip at all inconvenient, but I never did actually put a lock on it, either.

Here's a picture of the metrosafe in use. I'm a smallish person so you can get an idea of how it might work for you.
southwesttrip710.jpg

Thank you for the picture, so I could get a real perspective of the size of the bag. (Nice pix, BTW. Love that Grand Canyon (?)background). But now I will pretty much know which one to look for. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter