Packing toiletries

enzy65

Mouseketeer
I have a problem taking so much stuff, I like to have everything with me.I use everything I bring, I hate to admit it but I use a 18in suitcase for all my toiletries, accessories, misc. items. I’m not trying to find out tips on how to bring less, just wondering if anyone else is this extreme. No I am not high maintenance, just a regular old 60 year old woman.

I’m pretty close ! I’ve been caught needing something that I could not purchase and I checked several ports and could not find a particular item I was in need of desperately
No this was an a unique item
And yes I have been at the park and needed something and didn’t have a car and couldn’t get it
I’ve also been at the parks and had to take time away from vacation to go get an item so after so many times of having to do this I finally said I’m bringing it with me just in case somebody needs it nine times out of 10 somebody needs it
So there’s several items I bring with me because too many times I’ve needed them and I didn’t have them it’s not like I take the whole house with me just certain things it cuts down on my anxiety then so be it it’s my business nobody else’s
I also try not to pack half my closet I’m getting better I think I need more trips so I can keep working on this🤣🤣🤣👍

If it brings you comfort and it’s not hurting anything then don’t worry about it you’re OK!!

We have our packing down to a science. 2 XL suitcases, my 18in, and 2 backpacks we carry on the plane. Handle all of it ourselves.
We take a lot of clothes because we like to dress up every night, plus formal wear. Yeah it does bring me comfort and if we are traveling with light packers I usually have what they need.

Do bring what you need/want. Not a great variety available on the ships. What I do is get some smaller plastic bottles and bring much less than a full bottle. Maybe you do that already.

I have a problem taking so much stuff, I like to have everything with me.I use everything I bring, I hate to admit it but I use a 18in suitcase for all my toiletries, accessories, misc. items. I’m not trying to find out tips on how to bring less, just wondering if anyone else is this extreme. No I am not high maintenance, just a regular old 60 year old woman.
Welcome to the Proud-To-Not-Be-An-Underpacker Club.

1709608100974.png
1709608118252.png

Do bring what you need/want. Not a great variety available on the ships. What I do is get some smaller plastic bottles and bring much less than a full bottle. Maybe you do that already.
Yes I have lots of travel size items but I do like full size bottles of certain things, but bring about 1/2 full. I’m just a creature of habit and like my things.

Overpacker here. Especially on the Halloween cruise! I always take one XL suitcase that is checked, regardless of number of people (2 or 3). Then everyone gets a backpack - my husband's is an Osprey and can hold a ton of stuff; DS and I have regular LL Bean backpacks. Then we do 2 roller-boards and a duffel-bag OR 3 roller-boards (depends). When we do the B2B this summer, I am going to attempt to pack for a 5 day and plan to re-wear everything on the second five day. :rotfl2:

Overpacker here. Especially on the Halloween cruise! I always take one XL suitcase that is checked, regardless of number of people (2 or 3). Then everyone gets a backpack - my husband's is an Osprey and can hold a ton of stuff; DS and I have regular LL Bean backpacks. Then we do 2 roller-boards and a duffel-bag OR 3 roller-boards (depends). When we do the B2B this summer, I am going to attempt to pack for a 5 day and plan to re-wear everything on the second five day. :rotfl2:
Glad I’m not alone. When we were on the wish we had all those bags, but of course we were going to the parks afterwards.
Good luck on the b2b packing!!

We just cruised 2 weeks ago on a (non-DCL) 7 nighter and we had all 3 suitcases from our set (so large, medium, and carry-on size). I put our toiletry stuff in the carry on one because I felt it would be more secure in that than the usual tote bag I use. Then I had a backpack on top of that to carry on board.

So, I hear you, I see you.

While I did overpack on clothes - we just didn't feel like dressing for dinner most nights - I never regret anything in my toiletry bag. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Learned that after paying like $7 for a teeny tiny bottle of Visine at WDW once! LOL

We just cruised 2 weeks ago on a (non-DCL) 7 nighter and we had all 3 suitcases from our set (so large, medium, and carry-on size). I put our toiletry stuff in the carry on one because I felt it would be more secure in that than the usual tote bag I use. Then I had a backpack on top of that to carry on board.

While I did overpack on clothes - we just didn't feel like dressing for dinner most nights - I never regret anything in my toiletry bag. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Learned that after paying like $7 for a teeny tiny bottle of Visine at WDW once! LOL
I’ll carry some travel size products, but most of them are so pricey so I bring the 1/2 full full size bottle. I’ll splurge on Disney cruises but not for teeny tiny products. I’ll just keep filling my 18in roller bag up.

I don’t buy the tiny versions, I get these Nalgene bottles - this pic is from Amazon but they sell individual ones at camping stores. Very sturdy. I’ve had a few for maybe 40 years? And it’s amazing to see how little you really use in a week or two. You know those little tubes of toothpaste you get at the dentist? One tube lasts me almost a week. With airlines raising baggage fees this year, the more I can get in one suitcase, the better. IMG_5865.jpeg

I don’t buy the tiny versions, I get these Nalgene bottles - this pic is from Amazon but they sell individual ones at camping stores. Very sturdy. I’ve had a few for maybe 40 years? And it’s amazing to see how little you really use in a week or two. You know those little tubes of toothpaste you get at the dentist? One tube lasts me almost a week. With airlines raising baggage fees this year, the more I can get in one suitcase, the better. View attachment 839341
Oh those look nicer/sturdier than the ones I have. I just don’t like going through the trouble of filling/labeling them. Obviously I can’t put spray dry shampoo in those. We do use the toothpaste from the dentist though, I just take more than one.
We only fly southwest from IND so no baggage fees for the moment unless that changes in the future.

Well, IN A PINCH, baby powder will substitute for dry shampoo . . Otherwise, yeah, hard to put in a little bottle. The Nalgene bottles are great, though. Never had one leak. REI sells them.

Omg, my mother's voice just echoed in my head. :goodvibes If there was a chance of rain and she wanted me to take an umbrella to school, her favorite line was, "It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

I do use that saying to justify packing a lot things, especially OTC meds that we'll likely never need but they're very inexpensive at the pharmacy in the hospital where I work. It's foolish to not pack it. I so dislike paying $10 for something on vacation that I know I can buy at home for $2. :mad:

Oh- I too admit I pack too much sometimes. I like what I like. I like to dress up in the evenings. I hate not having what I want. Do I survive-yes... Most times I can get by with just a carry on and a backpack. But, I hate having everything all squished etc. I have been reading Rick Steve's (everything in a backpack!!?? I have a dslr camera to bring! LOL) since we are going overseas and the airline baggage size allowance is strict. Just going to purchase a spot for an extra bag. Why stress? I'll keep things that are most important on my carry on, check the bag with my other stuff, fingers crossed and enjoy myself.

Omg, my mother's voice just echoed in my head. :goodvibes If there was a chance of rain and she wanted me to take an umbrella to school, her favorite line was, "It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

I do use that saying to justify packing a lot things, especially OTC meds that we'll likely never need but they're very inexpensive at the pharmacy in the hospital where I work. It's foolish to not pack it. I so dislike paying $10 for something on vacation that I know I can buy at home for $2. :mad:
Hope I gave you a little laugh there. :)

A lot is just stuff I've learned to have handy from our Disney World trips for when we are doing a lot of walking, etc. I have a toiletry bag and a room bag that just sit packed in my closet for traveling since we do frequent overnights at WDW. I like being able to grab and go - and knowing from batteries to scissors to meds for a headache to moleskin and scissors, I have it available.

Hope I gave you a little laugh there. :)

A lot is just stuff I've learned to have handy from our Disney World trips for when we are doing a lot of walking, etc. I have a toiletry bag and a room bag that just sit packed in my closet for traveling since we do frequent overnights at WDW. I like being able to grab and go - and knowing from batteries to scissors to meds for a headache to moleskin and scissors, I have it available.
My tote bag for work is the same. It’s a mini pharmacy. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter