Packing tips

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I really enjoyed the packing tips on this week's podcast.

But, I'm not a fan of the one suggesting putting dryer sheets between layers of clothes in your suitcase. We've found that long-term contact with clothes results in a "hot spot" for fragrance that becomes overwhelming to our nose. And I'm not sure it would be good for delicate fabrics.

We also have a packing tip, which may be too much information for some so view discretion is advised: Save all those pairs of socks/underware that are nearly worn out and pack them for your next trip. Then, while on the trip once you've worn them simply toss them out. A nice by-product of this approach is that you have more room in your luggage for all that stuff you buy while actually on the trip. :goodvibes

I've read a similar tip: Take almost empty bottles of shampoo, body wash, etc. Use them up while you're vacationing and then you have more room for souvenirs!:thumbsup2

But, I'm not a fan of the one suggesting putting dryer sheets between layers of clothes in your suitcase. We've found that long-term contact with clothes results in a "hot spot" for fragrance that becomes overwhelming to our nose. And I'm not sure it would be good for delicate fabrics.

I've heard that it helps this to put them in an envelope first. Creates a flat sachet.:laundy:

I am a bif fan of the dryer sheets in the suitcases! LOVE that clean smell! Never had trouble with it. I also put them in the drawers :thumbsup2 so my clothes don't stink of that stale hotel draw smell. if it is too strong for you.. I also like the idea of putting them in an envelope first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter