Packing suitcases

jacksonsmom

<font color=blue>Can you guess who I am a mom for?
I can't believe our trip is in 3 weeks.

I am starting to write a list of things to pack.

I know the basic stuf like clothes, sunscreen, bug repellent, toothpaste, etc.

But what has been some of the things you wish you would have brought to WDW but forgot or didn't think about it until you were down there?

Didn't forget to bring it to WDW, but once I forgot to pack underwear when I went on a week long business trip.

small personal fans for the kids, got them at Walgreen's for $2 and a water mister. It gets so hot and they will be begging for us to buy one and they are way to expensive in the park. Also rain ponchos, they don't take up much room.

Don't forget the film and camera.
Buy a couple of the dispossible kind also.
Film at disney is expensive.

ANY children's medicines you might need (Tylenol, Motrin, etc.). They are really expensive in the gift shop!

A couple of waterproof cameras. THe disposable kind if your main one is not waterproof.

Some of my favorite pictures are at the waterpark or going down the slide at the hotel.

I take just about every medication in my medicine cabinet. Alos, take a small ziploc along in your fanny pack wit a few of each "pill" or lozenge. Even the children's tylenol chewables. It does no good to have tylenol in your room when your child starts complaining in the mk (this happened to us).

You've heard the old joke..."Duct Tape is like the Force- it has a Light Side, a Dark Side, and binds the universe together." We keep a small roll in the suitcase. It has hemmed skirts, sealed broken hinged suitcases, closed open food containers, prevented small pieces of toys from straying, even wrapped a sprained ankle (over a sock, please!).

medicine, medicine, medicine (rolaids, pepto, dramamine, tylenol, ibruprofen, cough lozenges, allergy pills, BUG REPELLANT, solarcaine, bandaids, etc...) Always better to have this stuff onhand than having to search for it and run the risk of the hotel not having what you need.

Small flashlight.

Tape (for sealing bottles, bags, etc...)

Umbrella-those cheap ponchos can really make you hot and WET.

Laundry Soap tablets & dryer sheets- easy for packing for a quick load of laundry.

Extra batteries for cd players, camera, video, etc...

Small pair of scissors

Thank you guys.

I am writing the stuff you all are suggesting & will be bringing it with us.

I can't believe the trip is coming up so quickly.
I have an itch to start packing now, but it still is too early! LOL

I have to remember those ziploc bags...I would have never thought of those!!

Thanks everyone

Cell phone - calls to home were very $$$

Tweezers - never know when those might come in handy

Anti-bacterial handwash - quick and easy before you eat anything

Fanny pack - to carry your small items (passes, camera, cash)

We also brought a small bucket of citronella for our balcony at night so we could sit out there and not worry about mosquitos trying to get in the room every time someone opened the slider.

I've done this for years and it was a very popular idea when someone posted it here a while back so I'll re-post it:
When packing your kids clothing put an entire outfit (top, bottom, underwear, socks, hair things, cap, etc.) into a ziploc, squeeze out the air (or use a vacuum to suck it out) and seal it. This saves space in suitcases and makes dressing the kids quick and easy when you get there. Some have posted that they do this for adult outfits too using the largest ziplocs.

Originally posted by crazymomof4
When packing your kids clothing put an entire outfit (top, bottom, underwear, socks, hair things, cap, etc.) into a ziploc, squeeze out the air (or use a vacuum to suck it out) and seal it. This saves space in suitcases and makes dressing the kids quick and easy when you get there.

That's a pretty good idea!

Thanks for the tip, I will have to give it a try

I used the 2.5 gallon ziplocks for all my clothes. I don't pack "outfits" together.....guys just don't do that sort of stuff! LOL But, I do shove 4 pairs of shorts and a couple socks or BVD's in a bag before flattening/vacuuming out the air. I can pack for a week in less than half a suitcase or large duffel!

Now, I do pack the kids' clothes with full outfits in a 1 gal zip bag because it makes it really easy to hand them a bag and say "Get Dressed!" :)

Where do you find the 2.5 gal. ziplocs? I have looked everywhere and can only find the one gallon size? Thanks.

The only place I've bought them is Target or Super Target. I do know that our regular grocery stores (HEB, Kroger) do not carry them.

Also, they are not "ZIPLOC" brand, they are "HEFTY" brand with the sliding zipper. Yes, they do leak air back in after a day or two, but they hold long enough to pack and seal the suitcase!

The funny thing is I don't remember zipping up as much stuff to come home!????? I think I just crammed it in since it was dirty and wrinkled anyway. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter