Packing list

Winchester24

Mouseketeer
Hi! My fiance and I are getting married in 2 weeks and will be honeymooning at the Fort right after. With all the craziness of wedding planning my brain has turned to swiss cheese and I have neglected our trip! We have our FP's and our dining reservations, and we will be renting a car at some point if I can get my crap together. I did all the leg work but I am at a loss for what to pack. Aside from the obvious, clothes (so we don't scare people) lots of sneakers, etc what are some less obvious things we may want to bring? Also, does anyone know how early we can (or should) be ordering from Amazon or Garden Grocer so that our food makes it there the first day? We are renting a car but I know shopping is not on our list of things we want to do after a full day of travel. lol. Speaking of rentals, if you rent from the rental place on Disney property (Alamo I think?) will the Magical Express drop you there or do you have to check in to the resort and then get the car? Thanks for reading my ramblings!

ME will only drop you at the resort. Call the Car Care Center (CCC) at (407) 824-3470 a day or two before and you can schedule a pickup. They will only pick up at designated times so make sure to allow for that in case of delays getting in. You could also Uber/Lyft. There is no Disney bus service to the CCC.

Are you staying in the Cabins or renting a camper?

If staying in a the Cabin's start with bringing what you normally would as if you were staying in a hotel.

I also recommend a power strip or 2 so you can plug all your electronics in the same place, makes it less hectic in the AM. A collapsible clothes hamper is a big help, even if you don't plan on doing laundry, to keep dirty clothes out of the way. The floors in the Cabins tend to get dirty so flip flops come in handy when walking around, also great for going to the from the pool.

Here is a another thread about what to bring. https://www.disboards.com/threads/fort-wilderness-cabins-packing-tips.3224046/

As for Amazon Prime Now you can only order no earlier then the day before, you pick the 2 hour window you want it delivered. Some people even order from the airport or in flight. You do not have to be there as Bell Service will hold it and keep any perishables cold/frozen. GG can be scheduler further in advance. We used to do GG but we, as well as others, have found that their prices have gone way up for a lot of things. On our trip last year we switched to Amazon Prime Now and were very happy.

The kitchens are well stocked. Here is a link http://allears.net/acc/faq_fw.htm#cabins

ME will only drop you at the resort. Call the Car Care Center (CCC) at (407) 824-3470 a day or two before and you can schedule a pickup. They will only pick up at designated times so make sure to allow for that in case of delays getting in. You could also Uber/Lyft. There is no Disney bus service to the CCC.

Are you staying in the Cabins or renting a camper?

If staying in a the Cabin's start with bringing what you normally would as if you were staying in a hotel.

I also recommend a power strip or 2 so you can plug all your electronics in the same place, makes it less hectic in the AM. A collapsible clothes hamper is a big help, even if you don't plan on doing laundry, to keep dirty clothes out of the way. The floors in the Cabins tend to get dirty so flip flops come in handy when walking around, also great for going to the from the pool.

Here is a another thread about what to bring. https://www.disboards.com/threads/fort-wilderness-cabins-packing-tips.3224046/

As for Amazon Prime Now you can only order no earlier then the day before, you pick the 2 hour window you want it delivered. Some people even order from the airport or in flight. You do not have to be there as Bell Service will hold it and keep any perishables cold/frozen. GG can be scheduler further in advance. We used to do GG but we, as well as others, have found that their prices have gone way up for a lot of things. On our trip last year we switched to Amazon Prime Now and were very happy.

The kitchens are well stocked. Here is a link http://allears.net/acc/faq_fw.htm#cabins
Thank you so much for all the great info! This is so helpful! We are staying in a cabin. Do you think we would be better off renting from the airport and skipping ME all together? I am a little leery of this because we have no idea where we are going, but if this is an easier option I will give it a shot!

Thank you so much for all the great info! This is so helpful! We are staying in a cabin. Do you think we would be better off renting from the airport and skipping ME all together? I am a little leery of this because we have no idea where we are going, but if this is an easier option I will give it a shot!

It's pretty easy to get from MCO to The Fort on your own, especially if you use GPS or your cell phone map program. However DME is a great amenity as you leave the driving and luggage handling to someone else. Personally I love getting on the bus with just carry-on's and getting to The Fort and having our luggage delivered later. We always pack what we need for the rest of that day/night and the next day in a carry on. We also tend to pack our clothes in each others bags, so my checked bad will have some of my stuff, my DW's, and DD's stuff, again just in case, but we have not had an issue.

How often do you plan on using your car? Are you using it to go off property? With the parking fees you will be adding $19 a day to your stay so take that into consideration.

It's pretty easy to get from MCO to The Fort on your own, especially if you use GPS or your cell phone map program. However DME is a great amenity as you leave the driving and luggage handling to someone else. Personally I love getting on the bus with just carry-on's and getting to The Fort and having our luggage delivered later. We always pack what we need for the rest of that day/night and the next day in a carry on. We also tend to pack our clothes in each others bags, so my checked bad will have some of my stuff, my DW's, and DD's stuff, again just in case, but we have not had an issue.

How often do you plan on using your car? Are you using it to go off property? With the parking fees you will be adding $19 a day to your stay so take that into consideration.
We plan on using the car for trips to AK, DS and one night at HHH. We booked before March so it looks like we are in the clear regarding the parking, but that is some serious BS. I can't believe they are doing that, and honestly, we will be using Uber next time. You are like me, I love DME! Granted, I was a kid the last time I used it but I feel like for old times sake I need to use it, plus my fiance has never stayed in the park so he hasn't had the full WDW experience IMHO. I have talked about all of those little things so much I think he is really looking forward to it. Plus, I think since it's our honeymoon it would be nice to start off relaxed, knowing we can just let them do all the work.

Glad your parking is free, that's a big help.

What is HHH?

We have stayed in the cabins 3 times now and just use Disney transportation to get everywhere. We use the money we save from not renting a car to rent a golf cart from Kenny's Tee Time to get around The Fort. Having a golf cart is great for going looping and seeing all the Halloween decorations as you are not supposed to use your car other then to get to/from your cabin. Though last Oct we extended our trip for 2 night and rented a car from the CCC for a day so we could go to see a rocket launch at the Cape.

First off congrats on the wedding.

Others above have given good advice and Kind-of is right about calling the rental a few days in advance and they'll meet you at resort. ME will take you to FW.

Second of all, your picture...that thing looks hangry!

Some random musings from the back of the room.
Both Amazon Prime and Garden Grocer will be able to deliver on your arrival day. While we have never used either service others I share with about Disney trips have used both. The conclusion I walk away after reading what they say is both services are comparable in terms of quality and products. Amazon it seems is a good bit cheaper and both will deliver to the Front Desk and handled as required.
First off congrats on the wedding. ...

... ME will take you to FW.

See no need to go the Magic Express route or rent a car. Ole Tiggerdad is willing to step up and be you personal chauffeur. The lengths he is willing to go to help others is a true inspiration. That cat scares me. Reminds me of our Chubbs who frequently comes over to bite my exposed toes ( Checking to see if I am Tender enough for her yet )
Congrats on the wedding but never forget Marriage is the principal cause of Divorce in this country.
As for other things to pack. I like to make sure I have plenty of Socks, and a new bottle of Foot Powder ( You are going to do a lot of walking) Take a small first aid kit for minor things that might come along. An extra Sim card for your camera has come in handy for us.
If you have any doubts about what you might need I would refer you to George Carlin's Travel Primer "STUFF" for a fairly inclusive of what to pack

Glad your parking is free, that's a big help.

What is HHH?

We have stayed in the cabins 3 times now and just use Disney transportation to get everywhere. We use the money we save from not renting a car to rent a golf cart from Kenny's Tee Time to get around The Fort. Having a golf cart is great for going looping and seeing all the Halloween decorations as you are not supposed to use your car other then to get to/from your cabin. Though last Oct we extended our trip for 2 night and rented a car from the CCC for a day so we could go to see a rocket launch at the Cape.
HHH was supposed to be HHN, oops! It's Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. We are cheating on WDW for a night. lol. I am so excited to see the Halloween decorations at FW, we LOVE Halloween so it really is the perfect resort for us!

First off congrats on the wedding.

Others above have given good advice and Kind-of is right about calling the rental a few days in advance and they'll meet you at resort. ME will take you to FW.

I will definitely call the rental! Thank you! That hangry looking boy in my pic is Earl, and is yawning...he's a little dramatic. lol

Some random musings from the back of the room.
Both Amazon Prime and Garden Grocer will be able to deliver on your arrival day. While we have never used either service others I share with about Disney trips have used both. The conclusion I walk away after reading what they say is both services are comparable in terms of quality and products. Amazon it seems is a good bit cheaper and both will deliver to the Front Desk and handled as required.

See no need to go the Magic Express route or rent a car. Ole Tiggerdad is willing to step up and be you personal chauffeur. The lengths he is willing to go to help others is a true inspiration. That cat scares me. Reminds me of our Chubbs who frequently comes over to bite my exposed toes ( Checking to see if I am Tender enough for her yet )
Congrats on the wedding but never forget Marriage is the principal cause of Divorce in this country.
As for other things to pack. I like to make sure I have plenty of Socks, and a new bottle of Foot Powder ( You are going to do a lot of walking) Take a small first aid kit for minor things that might come along. An extra Sim card for your camera has come in handy for us.
If you have any doubts about what you might need I would refer you to George Carlin's Travel Primer "STUFF" for a fairly inclusive of what to pack
Yeah, he's a fierce beast! Until the vacuum makes an appearance or he hears you ripping a new sheet of aluminum foil off the roll...those are his sworn enemies. lol. Those are great suggestions, I am definitely going to start working on a first aid kit and I plan on bringing tons of socks and as many pairs of sneakers as I can fit. And thank you for reminding me about extra cards for the camera! I know they have them if I need one in a pinch, but I'm sure I will pay extra for that convenience. :p

HHH was supposed to be HHN, oops! It's Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. We are cheating on WDW for a night. lol. I am so excited to see the Halloween decorations at FW, we LOVE Halloween so it really is the perfect resort for us!

I thought that was what you meant. Nothing wrong with heading there for a night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!