Packing for SWDAS?

stumpmere

Earning My Ears
I have three kids, ages 8-11. We are already registered for photo ops with characters and the Jedi Training. I think the ability to register for this ahead of time is new this year? Do we need to pack jedi robes for the kids? Their own lightsabers? I don't want them to feel left out without these things, but we have limited space to pack for 5 of us! Any tips to share? TIA!

the participants are given robes and light sabers for the Jedi training, but they do not keep them. There are many opportunities to purchase items on board if you want to buy them, but the kids in Jedi training don't bring their own. They do have a costume parade/event during the day, and many kids (and adults dress up).

We were on one of the first SWDAS in 2016, so I know things have changed since then, but we packed jedi/sith robes for the kids and my husband and were happy to have them. There was nothing comparable sold on the ship and everyone was dressed up. I also packed collapsible lightsabers. It's a lot of space but was worth it for my kids' excitement at dressing up!

If you think your kids will love and appreciate the costumes, bring them. If they won't care and you don't want the photos or the fuss, leave them home. There will be plenty of people dressed up, some more than others, and there will be plenty not dressed up. Your choice, but either way, your family won't stand out.

FWIW, they are welcome to dress up, but will be required to use the light sabers provided at Jedi Training, and possibly be asked to not wear their own robes. Has to do with CM safety and predictability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter