PA DISers out there

myhouseofmouse said:
Yeah, we are planning on leaving Thanksgiving around 5-6pm and driving straight thru. I have done the drive when I was younger (before kids) but thinking leaving and driving over night would be a good idea with the kids, hoping they sleep some of the night away.

Ours always sleep almost the entire trip and when not sleeping they watch TV or play on their electronics.

I drove in February and i'm going to again in August. In February I left at 3am and I arrived in wdw at 8:30pm. I even ran into some snow on the way down which slowed things up. We only stopped to get gas, use bathroom, and one quick fast food stop for lunch. We ate dinner when we arrived.
As for the return trip we took the auto train. I prefer to drive so next time i'm driving both ways. I booked a hotel about 5 hours from wdw for the return this time. I figure we'll stay at the parks our last day until around 5pm. Then drive 5 hours. The next day we'll just have around 12 to do. Going down i'm going to drive straight through again.

We also are planning on leaving the world around 5pm for our trip home. The plan is the same as yours drive 5 to 6 hours then spend the night somewhere and finish the drive back the following day. Do you have a favorite stop off place/hotel or just something that you stop at when you get tired???

myhouseofmouse said:
We also are planning on leaving the world around 5pm for our trip home. The plan is the same as yours drive 5 to 6 hours then spend the night somewhere and finish the drive back the following day. Do you have a favorite stop off place/hotel or just something that you stop at when you get tired???

We stayed in troutville va if you are traveling 26-77-81 route. If was a red roof inn very clean and 80 for a Saturday night. Several other hotels on that exit too

I figured this would be a good place to ask fellow Pa Disney world drivers. I am planning our first "Driving to the world" trip this coming Fall. Has anyone here drove to Disney from here in Pa??? If so any tips and/or helpful advise for someone who is doing it for the first time?

Welcome and if you are driving from PA you qualify for the 2,000 mile club. Check out this thread where we debate routes and even vehicles. The thread is called "For 2,000 + mile round-trip drivers only!" (IV)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3124884

Chalfont - Central Bucks here.

I figured this would be a good place to ask fellow Pa Disney world drivers. I am planning our first "Driving to the world" trip this coming Fall. Has anyone here drove to Disney from here in Pa??? If so any tips and/or helpful advise for someone who is doing it for the first time?

Always drive and take the 95 route down. Tried 301 around DC once, but didn't seem to save time and got frustrated with traffic there too. So I just put up with the DC - North VA traffic. We usually leave around 8:00am and stay over in GA somewhere, then cruise in before noon the next day. Coming home we leave 5 - 6am and drive straight through. We tried the "drive through the night" trip ONCE. Got down there early in the morning, the room's not ready, I can't keep my eyes open. I slept in the van while the kids swam in the pool. Wasn't worth it for us. We have driven straight down and pulled in around 10:00pm, but that was a waste of a DVC night. Now we just stay up the road (a few hours) at a cheap hotel.

We are thinking of flying out of Latrobe instead if driving next time. Though I am a little nervous about flying with spirit airlines. Not sure how to manage baggage considering the trip will be 0
10 nights.

Would also be interested in a Pittsburgh meet! Any locals out there visiting the Mouse around the holidays?

Awesome! I'm actually trying to plan a disney meet/pin trading event here in Pittsburgh around October/November. Ill keep everyone updated with the location. Probably a hotel near Pittsburgh.

And I'll be at disney world in September!

sl_underwood said:
I am faily new to the Pittsburgh area and only know a few people. Would love to meet up!

Any kids? Just moved to the area a year ago myself.

We moved here last October. I have one still at home. He's 10.

My one and only is 3. I have found that there are lots to do here. Our favorites are living treasures (a petting zoo in New Castle), Kennywood, and Drive - ins. Fair season is also awesome here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!