Owner’s Locker?

verleniahall

DIS Veteran
We are Westgate owners (sorry!!) and was reading on Mousesavers about an owner’s locker.

Does anyone here have one\use one?

It sounds like a great way to help save $$$$$$$

Let me know your thoughts - thanks!!

Yes, my DH and I both have a Locker. You pay the yearly fee and they store your items. You have a dashboard on their website where you can list the items in each locker. We have had one for at least the last 5 years. We simply go to the website, into our account and let them know where we are staying and when. On the day of arrival they drop the locker at bell services and send a text that "Duffy" and "pooh Box" have arrived. Bell services brings them to the room and we unload them. DH has knick knacks and a blanket, jacket in his. I have toiletries and clothing in mine. Fantastic service and we think worth every penny.

Many people store Alcohol, Keurig machine and computer chargers and stuff like that in theirs. DH added an Amazon Firestick to his this past trip that we can plug in to the room TV at AKV and watch Prime videos.. Worked great and it will be there for us in November.

I don't use an owner locker here for my DVC, but I have started to with our Hawaii TS. We stay for at least 2 weeks, often more, so I leave things like a good chef knife, sun hat, a french press, aluminum foil and saran wrap, etc. I enjoy the service very much.

Then KS everyone - I will show this to the dh

I love the idea of leaving blanket, jacket, etc in there

We keep... big coffee filters for the big DVC pots (cheap, but a pain to keep buying, or to remember to bring from home), laundry detergent, old reusable mugs (not to cheat the reusable mug system, but just to bring our own room-made coffee out and about with us), disposable cups with lids if we have too much coffee for the disney mugs, an Igloo cooler backpack, a proper knife, utensils, salt and pepper in ziptop baggies, old magicbands, blister-protection/first aid, clothing organizey things that hang from closet rods to maximize clothing storage, paper bowls and plates b/c most often I've been staying in a studio with my cousin and we run out, plastic utensils, scissors, reusable shopping bags for our Publix/Whole Foods/Trader Joes trips, toothpaste, tweezers, hygiene stuff....all the stuff you end up needing but don't want to bring on every trip.

Some keep liquor, coffee makers, clothing, etc etc etc... Those aren't things I feel I need in there, but it's all about what will work for YOU.

I don't use an owner locker here for my DVC, but I have started to with our Hawaii TS. We stay for at least 2 weeks, often more, so I leave things like a good chef knife, sun hat, a french press, aluminum foil and saran wrap, etc. I enjoy the service very much.
Owners Locker is in Hawaii??

Wow, that is expensive compared to a $25 checked bag fee and since we always use Magical Express, they handle our luggage for us, when we get home we could pay for eBags if we didn't want to deal with the luggage and still come out way ahead.

The OP asked about owner's locker in an article on Mousesavers. That would be the one in Orlando that often gives a discount to DVC members for their first year. :)

Thanks bumbershoot. I do not frequent that website, so did not know that particular company gave DVC discounts. Truth is, I find that a lot of companies will give some sort of discount if you ask.

For me, using a owners locker service (NOT the so-named business of Owners Locker), can save money by my not having to buy the same items every year, beside not having to pack the same odds and ends over and over. Hope it works out for the OP! :-)

We have our own "locker" that we keep stocked with our items we always need (shampoo/conditioner, deodorant, sunscreen, blanket, pool towels, plates cups, etc etc). We never unpack it and replenish items as needed after each trip. Everything is organized in labeled ziploc baggies. We load it in the car and bring it with us. It's called the Disney box. got it from Walmart, and it has a handle and wheels.

DH thought I was nuts the first OL visit...until it was time to go....He looked at his blanket and knick knacks ( 100 aliens form Toy Story--yep he is a weirdo) and said " I want one of those"...I took great delight is teasing him about it. When I talk about combining them into one OL..he gives me a look like I have just stabbed him with a fork. It is just part of our vacation routine. So is calling Tiffany Towncars instead of using free Magical Express...it is just what we like on our vacation. If you plan to visit a couple of times a year and stay in studios it is great....I can store a couple of extra towels, have salt and pepper and a knife for the room. I can store my Tide pods and Bounce dryer sheets, a hamper..extra clothes hangers for the studio closet that only has 6...that kinda thing. Yep it is expensive but the convenience is great! So, it isn't for everyone...but we like it and glad it is available. The service is terrific. I think John the owner/ceo still does a wine social near France on Tuesday nights at Epcot. Never been to it but know I would be surrounded by friends.

I mean I have already spent big bucks on DVC, APs, TIW and Disney Chase Visa for rewards dollars...why not an OL?

Now DH has added other figurines to the aliens...so OL is here to stay.

I think John the owner/ceo still does a wine social near France on Tuesday nights at Epcot. Never been to it but know I would be surrounded by friends.

I really liked those meet-ups with other OL owners in France, but I think I read somewhere that John stopped doing them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!