Overnight Campgrounds on our route

MudQueen22

DIS Veteran
What would be your recommendation for campgrounds for overnight between Pensacola and Tallahassee along I-10 (a few miles off the highway is okay also)? We want something safe, reasonably quiet, and with water, 30 amp, and sewer.

Also, what would you recommend in the Orlando area (or just north of Orlando) for an overnight only the night before we arrive to the Fort? Again, we just want a place that is safe, reasonably quiet, with water, 30 amp, and sewer.

Also, are there HEB grocery stores near Disney?

What would be your recommendation for campgrounds for overnight between Pensacola and Tallahassee along I-10 (a few miles off the highway is okay also)? We want something safe, reasonably quiet, and with water, 30 amp, and sewer.

Also, what would you recommend in the Orlando area (or just north of Orlando) for an overnight only the night before we arrive to the Fort? Again, we just want a place that is safe, reasonably quiet, with water, 30 amp, and sewer.

Hello Mudqueen22. We have stopped for the night many times at the KOA in Milton. It's just a few miles east of Pensacola at exit 31. For just sleep and go I get a pull through and they have plenty. Nice place right off I10.

Northwest of Orlando is Orange Blossom KOA, just off the 429 tollway. Nice well-maintained campground that is quiet and just 30 minutes down the tollway from the Western Way entrance to Disney World. We spent two winters there and loved it.

Live in Pensacola area myself!! We are doing a trip down to the Fort in July. On the way down we're staying at Gilchrist Blue Springs which is in High Springs, FL off of I-75 https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/Gilchrist-Blue-Springs

If you don't live in this area and are looking for something in that Pensacola to Tallahassee area, I would HIGHLY recommend Twin Lakes camp resort in Defuniak Springs. Very nice gated resort! http://www.twinlakescampresort.com/index.html

On the way back we're going to stay at Silver Springs state park in Ocala. https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/Silver-Springs

Big Oak RV Park in Tallahassee is just a couple miles off I10. Easy on and off, a Walmart local and gas stations and a Cracker Barrel if you need restocking of any kind. It's not the cheapest place, but it's clean, safe and the staff is friendly. We've stopped here probably 4 or 5 times over the years because it is conveniently along our route from Birmingham to various destinations in FL. Never had a problem. Pool is nice too if you get there and need a dip. http://bigoakrv.com/

Wish Florida had HEB’s. Best grocery! KOAIn Milton is our 1st o/night stay. Love the fact they have breakfast for U B4 you travel to your next stop. Very nice people.

From NJ when you are camping do you have a place to store food and supplies?
We have a spot in the camper where we store non-perishables, and we store perishables in either our RV fridge or freezer or we store them in a cooler with lots of ice.

We like the Perry KOA on Highway 27 Its half way for us. We don't advertise the route but I would recommend it to anyone who like a 4 lane with very little traffic and nice views. I-10 to exit 225 then its only about 30 miles to Perry. Then only about 200 more to the gate at Ft Wilderness. this only gives you 25 miles on I-75 when you get on it at Ocala. My DW hates the traffic on I-75. Turnpike entrance at Wildwood is a disaster at the moment. I hope its better by October...... Perry KOA is my pic.

HEB huh... Howdy Fellow Texan :D
HEB is a Texas thing only :) But I have heard Publix is similarish. Personally, we went to Costco/Walmart to stock up on groceries before we went last time.

We will be leaving from Pearland when we leave and trying to decide if we will stay at campsites along the way or hotels (popup camper makes overnights a bit more of a hassle)...but on the way home we plan on staying at the KOA in Milton for a few days.

Orlando RV resort in Clermont is about 20 mins from Ft. Wilderness. Nice campground with over 800 sites, usually always room, cheaper than KOA. Call in advance though. And, of course, if you are a member, stay for free.

We like the Perry KOA on Highway 27 Its half way for us. We don't advertise the route but I would recommend it to anyone who like a 4 lane with very little traffic and nice views. I-10 to exit 225 then its only about 30 miles to Perry. Then only about 200 more to the gate at Ft Wilderness. this only gives you 25 miles on I-75 when you get on it at Ocala. My DW hates the traffic on I-75. Turnpike entrance at Wildwood is a disaster at the moment. I hope its better by October...... Perry KOA is my pic.
Hey Kidatheart! We're leaving from N. AL to go to the Fort, and we usually go to Dothan, cut across to Tallahassee then take I-10 to I-75. I'm extremely interested in your route. What is your route from Perry to Ocala? I'm no fan of I-75 either! RTR, BPK

http://tallahasseervpark.com

not sure when you need this but here is one in Tallahassee right off I10 ( like .2 miles if that) http://tallahasseervpark.com

Hey Kidatheart! We're leaving from N. AL to go to the Fort, and we usually go to Dothan, cut across to Tallahassee then take I-10 to I-75. I'm extremely interested in your route. What is your route from Perry to Ocala? I'm no fan of I-75 either! RTR, BPK

BCKnight, Take exit 225 its called the Georgia Florida parkway its about 7 miles to 27/ 19 then about 25 to the Perry KOA. all 4 lane roads. Its a good ride. You will enjoy it. stay on 27 19 to Ocala then only about 20 miles on I-75. Then exit on the turnpike.

PERRY KOA
Open All Year

Reserve: 800-562-9864

Info: 850-584-3221

Email This Campground

3641 South Byron Butler Pkwy

Highway 19 South

Perry, FL 32348

Get Directions
RV Sites, Tent Sites

Check-in: 1:00 pm, Check-out: 11:00 am

Accommodations, Kamper kabins

Check-in: 2:00 pm, Check-out: 11:00 am

Camper Rating 4 out of 5

Based on 1000 Reviews

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!