Over door shoe organizer

Minnie368

DIS Veteran
Any suggestions on how to hang a shoe organizer in the stateroom? I know there are rules about what you can and can’t do, but I’m not sure what those rules are.

We took zip ties and attached it to a plastic hanger. You can then hang it in closet or on the robe hook. It works great and didn't take up hardly extra space in our luggage.

We took zip ties and attached it to a plastic hanger. You can then hang it in closet or on the robe hook. It works great and didn't take up hardly extra space in our luggage.

Where is the robe hook located? Is it close to the bathroom?

You can also just use the hangers in the closet with the clamps on them to hang it (either in the closet, or from one of the hooks in the room).

There is also a hook on the back of the bathroom door.

Ok that all looks good. We will be on the Fantasy and was hoping to hang it near the bathroom, but not in the bathroom. Looks like on the Fantasy the hooks are in the bathroom so maybe I will look at buying magnets.

Any suggestions on how to hang a shoe organizer in the stateroom? I know there are rules about what you can and can’t do, but I’m not sure what those rules are.
How about bringing less shoes? The rooms have plenty of storage. No need to bring organizers and silly things to hang toothpaste and hairbrushes.

We had a shoe holder last year... never used it for more than the sunscreen. My desk was a mess of stuff, but none of it would have fit in our shoe holder. So here's my tip... lay out the shoe holder at home and fill it as your getting your packing out. If you think you'll use it, then take one, but if you're just filling spaces because it's a cool organizational tool (yes, that's really why I took mine :oops:), then leave it at home.

By the way, I found mine with a hanger end at the dollar store, so maybe try there.

IMHO, not necessary. Plenty of room in the bathroom for those type of items.

I agree. Not only in the bathroom but plenty of cubbies and shelves over the desk. Kept all my beach/pool "stuff" in my Kyss bag hanging on one of the hooks outside the bathroom.

IMHO, not necessary. Plenty of room in the bathroom for those type of items.

<edited>

Just wanted to check here...
Do you use hair bands, perfume, hairspray, bows, hair bands, hair clips that match your outfit. Or change your day makeup to night makeup? Bring a second foundation when your skin appears darker from the sun? Do you bring fingernail polish that coordinates with your formal outfit for pictures? Or just polish that is used to repair daily chips from the day? Lip balm for sun protection to go with the sunscreen? Drops for dry eyes or extra contacts with an extra case if something happens or just backup glasses because well getting perscription lenses in Jamaica shouldn’t be a problem right? I’m guessing for your long thick hair that cascades past your shoulders you probably have one hairbrush with thick bristles when you get out of the shower and one with finer bristles for that smooth coiffed look and comb to parted and separate it for when you use your curling iron or straightening iron.

Just kidding with you guys. :rotfl2::rotfl2:
But on a more serious note can you tell me where I can get one of those huge toiletry bags you use? I really could use something more sturdy to carry the family’s weekly groceries home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to check here...
Do you use hair bands, perfume, hairspray, bows, hair bands, hair clips that match your outfit. Or change your day makeup to night makeup? Bring a second foundation when your skin appears darker from the sun? Do you bring fingernail polish that coordinates with your formal outfit for pictures? Or just polish that is used to repair daily chips from the day? Lip balm for sun protection to go with the sunscreen? Drops for dry eyes or extra contacts with an extra case if something happens or just backup glasses because well getting perscription lenses in Jamaica shouldn’t be a problem right? I’m guessing for your long thick hair that cascades past your shoulders you probably have one hairbrush with thick bristles when you get out of the shower and one with finer bristles for that smooth coiffed look and comb to parted and separate it for when you use your curling iron or straightening iron.

Just kidding with you guys. :rotfl2::rotfl2:
But on a more serious note can you tell me where I can get one of those huge toiletry bags you use? I really could use something more sturdy to carry the family’s weekly groceries home.

Not me but my wife does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter