Outside or Onsite ECV Rental

wrigleyroo

Earning My Ears
I have never rented an ECV from an outside company at Disneyland but have at Disney World. Last year I rented one onsite at Disney World and noticed a considerable difference in the speed that it could go compared to my previous visits. People were more inclined to walk in front of me and cut me off because I could not keep up with the crowd. Family members even tried to push me along in order to keep pace. I am wondering how the ECVs are at DL from people who have used them in the past couple of months. If they are slower than walking speed would I be better off renting one off site? We are flying in and will have a rental car so will need one that will break down. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

We always use Deckerts Surgical supply company. They deliver to your hotel room. The advantage of renting off site is not having to walk the distance from the parking areas to the ECV rental place, which could be a long walk for someone. The ECVs from Disney do seem very slow in comparison.

We always use Deckerts Surgical supply company. They deliver to your hotel room. The advantage of renting off site is not having to walk the distance from the parking areas to the ECV rental place, which could be a long walk for someone. The ECVs from Disney do seem very slow in comparison.
We needed a ECV for a few visits, and also recommend Deckerts. These ECVs are quite quick, much faster than walking pace (I could not keep up with DW).

The Disney ECVs are slower and much larger, making them more difficult to use.

Thank you! I will contact them first.

So where do you park when you are coming with an ECV from offsite?

So where do you park when you are coming with an ECV from offsite?

Are you staying far away? I would just ride the scooter from the hotel to the parks, that's what I always do. If you have to park you are going to need to request one that can be taken apart.

Are you staying far away? I would just ride the scooter from the hotel to the parks, that's what I always do. If you have to park you are going to need to request one that can be taken apart.

Staying at Staybridge on Manachester so will be driving to the park. Deckerts told me that their ECVs only break down to two pieces. Also not sure how to get from the parking lot to the entrance with the ECV....how far away is it? Thought about having them drop me off at one of the drop offs and have them go park the car????

Staying at Staybridge on Manachester so will be driving to the park. Deckerts told me that their ECVs only break down to two pieces. Also not sure how to get from the parking lot to the entrance with the ECV....how far away is it? Thought about having them drop me off at one of the drop offs and have them go park the car????
From the parking lot to the car is easy, take the tram, Mickey Van (parking structure) or bus if you park in Toy Story (highly recommend Toy Story over the structure). No need to drop you off and have them park the car as no matter which parking lot you use, the shuttles are fully accessible.

Just make sure you get a car that is big enough to fit everyone and the ECV, that is the harder part.

From the parking lot to the car is easy, take the tram, Mickey Van (parking structure) or bus if you park in Toy Story (highly recommend Toy Story over the structure). No need to drop you off and have them park the car as no matter which parking lot you use, the shuttles are fully accessible.

Just make sure you get a car that is big enough to fit everyone and the ECV, that is the harder part.

Thank you! That is great information. I'm not sure that I understand being able to take the "tram" as at DW ECVs do not fit on the trams. I assume that the lines could be very long....will there be enough tram seating for ECVs to be there in time for rope drop?

Thank you! That is great information. I'm not sure that I understand being able to take the "tram" as at DW ECVs do not fit on the trams. I assume that the lines could be very long....will there be enough tram seating for ECVs to be there in time for rope drop?
The trams from the parking garage can hold ECVs. The cast member will direct you to the proper loading area, you will load into a designate car of the tram (First Car)

The trams are essentially the same as at Disney World, except the first row is designed for mobility devices, including ECVs. When there is a long line of people, they will use the "Mickey Vans", which are simply wheelchair vans.

If you really want to hit rope drop though, I strongly recommend avoiding the parking structure completely and hitting the Toy Story lot, when one bus leaves another takes its place pretty much immediately, at least at the busy times of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter