Outside food at table service restaurant

I totally agree with @pumba
I also totally agree with @DisneyWishes14 Pick up, or feed the little one prior to going to TS. Then just get them something they will like to nibble on.
I do not think bringing outside food into a TS Restaurant is the thing to do. If the Toddleris not yet ready for that experience, wait until they are older v

It might work out to where she can eat before we go in and then I'll get her an appetizer, we'll have to see how it goes! I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a Disney rule I didn't know about that was going to get me in trouble. :)

Just an FYI if you didn't know- since she is still under 3 on your trip, she can actually eat for free at the buffet/all you can eat places if you have any of those planned. A lot of other places with kids meals also tend to have PB&J uncrustables on the menu if she will eat those.

This is all true. There’s a big difference in Disney’s view of 3 and almost 3. If her birthday is a couple of days after the trip, just say she’s 2 and you are good to go.

It might work out to where she can eat before we go in and then I'll get her an appetizer, we'll have to see how it goes! I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a Disney rule I didn't know about that was going to get me in trouble. :)
do not see a problem with a P&J but they will not be able to heat anything for you and that includes microwaving. that is a government rule not a Disney rule

Especially if she is under 3, you are going to have zero issue. I posted already, but I'll reiterate, when my DS was younger, I always had a little something with me to give him as an "app" to eat right after we ordered. This was at TS restaurants. No one batted an eye. Your PB&J will be fine.

This is all true. There’s a big difference in Disney’s view of 3 and almost 3. If her birthday is a couple of days after the trip, just say she’s 2 and you are good to go.

You do not need to do this. No one ages in DIsney, so if your child turns three during the rtip the child is not 3. You can tell the server this anyway that is comfortable. If a child turns 10 that child is still 9 for Disney purposes and parents can enjoy all the perks of not having a dinsney adult.

OP- as a former server, I would prefer that a parent bring something the child will actually eat rather than try to find something that may or may not work. WE packed Peanut butter, jelly and fresh bread when my DGD was 5. SHe had developed an allergy to dairy and egg, and my daughter wanted to be sure that she ate something. Turned out my son ate sandwiches to "tide hime over" and my DGD was fine in the restaurants, but better to be prepared.

We are planning some table service restaurant experiences while at Disney, but don't want to waste food or money!
Do you get in trouble for bringing food into the restaurant? For example, my 3 year old loves PB&J sandwiches. Can I bring one in for her to eat while the rest of us order off the menu?
You won't have trouble for a 3 year old!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter