Outrageous pricing

We were actually considering booking a room for a day in the middle of our offsite trip to have a 'resort day' to swim, have a character breakfast, and hoping to get a better chance at a FPs for SWGE for my son's birthday in December. Let me be very clear, it would not be a throwaway room, we would be staying in it 1day/night. I am wondering though, if I am only able to make fastpasses for that day of the stay 60 days out? I only ask because the topic of making a reservation for FP purposes was brought up and this was the motivating factor for us and we're thinking about building a day around it. I am pretty desperate to get him on/doing as much SWGE as we can for his birthday.
At 60 days before onsite check-in you will be able to book FP for your check-in and check-out days, as well as any days preceding your onsite stay. The 60-day window would then begin to roll forward and you would be able to book FP for any days that follow your onsite stay at 60 days before each of those days.

For the purposes of SWGE, I’m guessing a 60+1 window won’t be much help.

Last edited:
Yes you can only book FP for the length of your hotel stay at the 60 day mark. Any other day covered by your tickets would have to be booked at the 30 day window.

Above is incorrect. Poster below has it right.

At 60 days before onsite check-in you will be able to book FP for your check-in and check-out days, as well as any days preceding your onsite stay. The 60-day window would then begin to roll forward and you would be able to book FP for any days that follow your onsite stay at 60 days before each of those days.

See that is conflicting information that I have received - we are booked for a split stay (both onsite hotels but two separate reservations) and all the info I was given was that I will be able to book check-in through length of each individual stay at 60 days. TL: DR I was told to expect to book FP at 60 days from check-in through check-out day of my first reservation, then a few days later would be able to book FP at 60 days from check-in day of my second reservation.

You may wish to read the thread dedicated to that. Disney is, in fact, confirming in writing that its fine to share credits and patrons are having no issues at all doing so.
LOL People who are trying it are having a totally different experience. I don't trust anything Disney says in writing. I go by actual experiences and policies being enforced at the restaurant.

LOL People who are trying it are having a totally different experience. I don't trust anything Disney says in writing. I go by actual experiences and policies being enforced at the restaurant.

I'm confused. Are you saying the people posting in the DisBoard thread for months now and those in the FaceBook groups are not trying it? They are posting actual trip reports so I'm genuinely confused. Could you elaborate?

We were actually considering booking a room for a day in the middle of our offsite trip to have a 'resort day' to swim, have a character breakfast, and hoping to get a better chance at a FPs for SWGE for my son's birthday in December. Let me be very clear, it would not be a throwaway room, we would be staying in it 1day/night. I am wondering though, if I am only able to make fastpasses for that day of the stay 60 days out? I only ask because the topic of making a reservation for FP purposes was brought up and this was the motivating factor for us and we're thinking about building a day around it. I am pretty desperate to get him on/doing as much SWGE as we can for his birthday.
We did a 1 day resort stay last year for my daughter's birthday. We were staying offsite for the week, but we booked the Contemporary for her birthday as a 1-night treat. At 60 days, I was able to book that day plus any preceding days (the 2 days before my arrival date). I was able to book each subsequent day at 60 + 1, 60 + 2, relative to the day. I had called guest services to ask about this and was told that I couldn't book the subsequent days until 30 days (we had 5 days of tickets), but when I signed on to MDE at 60+1, I was able to book fast passes for the day after our check-out. That was 1 year ago.

We did a 1 day resort stay last year for my daughter's birthday. We were staying offsite for the week, but we booked the Contemporary for her birthday as a 1-night treat. At 60 days, I was able to book that day plus any preceding days (the 2 days before my arrival date). I was able to book each subsequent day at 60 + 1, 60 + 2, relative to the day. I had called guest services to ask about this and was told that I couldn't book the subsequent days until 30 days (we had 5 days of tickets), but when I signed on to MDE at 60+1, I was able to book fast passes for the day after our check-out. That was 1 year ago.

This is so helpful, thank you!

I am booking my vacation for my daughter and myself staying at all star movies with the ddp and tickets for 4 days we are looking at like 2000 not including flights. How do people afford to spend 700$ a night to stay at one of the nicer resorts! Is there a secret I'm missing out on?
I'm not sure that is a great deal. We booked 6 nights at the POP 3 adults (my 11 year old is considered an adult) and it was $2,500. We did book during the free dining. I think your deal would have been a good one had you been able to get free dining, it would have been a chunk of $$ less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter