Out of the Ordinary Oahu?

I'm planning on a solo trip in November and am looking at doing a few mild to moderate hikes to waterfalls -
Kaena Pt trail off of Farrington hwy 93, which is the hwy right by Aulani and then swimming at Yokohama Bay beach by Kaena pt trail.
Waimea Falls Park and botanical gardens (easy hike on a paved trail)
Manoa Waterfall - a bit more challenging, but looks amazing through the "jungle" where parts of Lost were filmed.

Also going to the Byodo-In Temple and I want to check out the Pali Lookout and Nu'uanu Valley off the Pali Hwy.

Just signed up for the fish auction! We're so excited!

And people wonder why we wonder trivia competitions... we love these weird things!

Much thanks to everyone who has responded thus far! There are some excellent ideas for "out of the ordinary". Let me share one that popped onto my radar recently...

The Honolulu Fish Auction Tour

Tours are conducted, by RESERVATION ONLY, on select Saturday mornings from 6:00am – 7:30am. Tour cost is $25 for adults and $20 for children 8 – 12 years old.

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to convince my wife and daughter to check this out. I think that it is very cool and very unique, but I just cannot get them to see the fun in getting up that early to drive in from Aulani during our vacation. Oh well!

If you can think of anything else, please keep the ideas coming!

Mahalo!
We did this yesterday and LOVED it! It was so interesting. Not so sure kids would think it interesting, but we got to watch a boat unload the day's catch and hear about the fishing trips and regulations, watch the market in auction and learn how it works, and yesterday was an especially cool day to visit because they someone had caught a Blue Fin Tuna. I guess they don't usually swim in these waters. It was huge and was suspected to sell for about $1000.

We learned what "fresh fish"really means, how they grade fish, etc. And we saw the sun rise over the boats.

From there we walked across the street and had breakfast at Nico's and then went straight to Pearl Harbor. It was the perfect thing to do our very first morning because we were up early anyway and were staying near the airport to get some sleep and acclimate to the time zone difference in a less expensive hotel before heading to Aulani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!