Our Wishes Wedding 8/3/15 WP/Attic/Italy Isola West

Boardwalk Love

DISing since 2001
I can't believe I'm finally writing this post!! I have actually been on the DIS since 2001, when I was in 8th grade, although I used to hang out on the Teen Board. When I was in college, I started reading the wedding boards and admiring everyone's weddings! I haven't posted on the DIS in about ten years so I'm making a new username even though I still have access to my old account. I know that several of my friends and family members hang around sometimes, and nobody needs to see the things I used to talk about when I was 13 :).

We are not engaged yet, but will be at some point over our trip to Disney next week. It's complicated, but I ended up finding out because we are hoping to get married next summer. I'm a teacher, so it's either a 12-month engagement or a 24-month engagement, and we both prefer not to wait two years. Our date for next year is 8/3/15, so we ended up having the engagement discussion before we leave for Disney because we (I) really wanted to plan a site visit while we're down there next week.

Funny story about the site visit... I gave in and called Disney a couple of weeks ago. I just wanted to get in touch with someone and make sure we could do a site visit next week. Like I said, I have been reading this board for a few years now so I'm more on top of the timeline/requirements than DBF. So I called two weeks ago and requested one for the last day of our trip - I figured that we would have to be engaged by that point. They said they would call me back in 2-3 days. About 10 minutes after I hung up with DFTW, DBF texted me and said to please not call DFTW anymore and just to let him handle the trip because he wanted it to be a surprise. I had posted on this thread after I called, and I thought he had somehow found the DIS and read it! But it turns out he called at the same time as me. I called about 3 minutes earlier than him (from work) and so we were both on the phone with Disney at the same time. He told them he was planning a surprise for me, so when they told him we were already in the computer as requesting a date, he was surprised. So, Disney never called me back, and DBF is apparently on top of it. We'll see!

Our original plan was to do SBP and The Attic. Once we realized we'd need to get married in the summer, we switched to the WP and The Attic. However, now it already seems like we have a lot more people who would want to come (and who we would also want there if they want to come), so we're looking at ADH and Ariel's at our site visit. The GF is very special to DBF and his family, and BWV are very important to mine, so we want to incorporate both. The guest count thing can make things so difficult. I have a group of 13 people who are very special to me, and I can either invite all of them or none of them. If all of them were invited and came, that would put us at 47. Otherwise, 34, and we could do The Attic. Not sure yet what we'll end up doing. I think I need to see ADH first.

So that's our "little" summary for now. More about us as a couple, our vacation, and site visit after we return :).

How has everyone gone about choosing their hair/makeup team? I think it's a great idea to do a trial for the engagement photo session, but even choosing for that has been difficult for me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Also, does anyone have pictures of ADH for a "small" group - 45 people or less? If we ended up going with ADH and only have 25 people come, can we still use it? I assume yes and that they wouldn't just kick us out! Would we be able to switch to The Attic at a later date, if it wasn't booked? Or does that complicate things too much? If we can, does anyone know how late in the game we could do that?

I really want to ask people to RSVP immediately but I know that's not very nice :rolleyes2. It's a little funny because we are inviting only family and a couple of very close friends, and our families already have one marriage between them, so this is the second wedding they've done together, and we are all very close and see each other/talk all the time. Feels funny sending out the formal invites to our crew :).

Welcome! We have almost all of the same venues: how fun! :) Trinity is also doing our video and have been great to work with so far.

How has everyone gone about choosing their hair/makeup team? I think it's a great idea to do a trial for the engagement photo session, but even choosing for that has been difficult for me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

What I did was look through tons of PJs, sample portfolios, and Pinterest to get a feel for what kind of hair/makeup styles I like. I also compared pricing and perks (for instance, having someone come to my hotel room is an absolute must). I wanted Patricia LeJeune because her makeup style tends to look a little more natural, but she was already booked. So I booked Beaute Speciale for a trial and the day of. They've been great to work with so far. Honestly, I think just about any of the main hair/makeup vendors frequently used by Disney brides could create almost any look you wanted. :)

Welcome! We have almost all of the same venues: how fun! :) Trinity is also doing our video and have been great to work with so far.

What I did was look through tons of PJs, sample portfolios, and Pinterest to get a feel for what kind of hair/makeup styles I like. I also compared pricing and perks (for instance, having someone come to my hotel room is an absolute must). I wanted Patricia LeJeune because her makeup style tends to look a little more natural, but she was already booked. So I booked Beaute Speciale for a trial and the day of. They've been great to work with so far. Honestly, I think just about any of the main hair/makeup vendors frequently used by Disney brides could create almost any look you wanted. :)

Thank you for the advice!! I guess I really need to think about the "look"... I hardly ever wear makeup, so I'm going to look into Patricia LeJeune some more. I also feel like it's such a roller coaster going through all of the different options (for any type of vendor), narrowing it down, emailing, getting prices, then hoping for the date to be available! I hate when I make it to the last step and it doesn't work out :). Going to check out your PJ now!

Update on the guest count... We did end up talking to those 13 people and they all said they will definitely be there, so I guess The Attic is out. I still want to go look at it for our site visit just in case :sad1:. I've been hoping to have it there for so many years, but I just don't know how to cut anyone else from our list. We plan to have a brunch reception and didn't want dancing, but we do really want the Boardwalk involved... I also hate the huge navy blue curtain that seems to be hanging on the stage at ADH... Has anyone ever done anything about that? I just hope that we walk in and love it somehow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter