Our Wedding on the Wonder 2016

sorry to hear such important people couldn't make it but Im sure it will be great and everyone will be their for the cruise which will be the best part :) and my dads the same way!

and don't worry about being behind I always felt behind the eight ball but it will all come together before you know it! :goodvibes

Actually my mom was able to bring my dad, I'll post some picture later of how it all went, we had a lot of fun.

Hi Jazmin! Just caught up on your PJ. Congrats on the wedding(s)!! Hope everything went well in February. The story of your rings and the date....so cool! Just really neat.
I love your topper! I love zombies too, but got a firm "no" on having a zombie topper so oh well :jester:

Excited to hear more!

Oh, I'm sorry. My DH is totally behind the idea. What month is your wedding?? Something tells me it is in fall! Congrats! Looks like we have wedding dates that aren't too far apart. pirate:

Yep! It's in October, so we will be on a halloween cruise and maybe we can be zombie bride and groom for the Halloween party! :)

I've been a very bad Bride.

Here are some things that I haven't discussed. In the past few months:
1. DH and I are living at my parents, so big move, because:
2. I couldn't be without DH so I quit my job and moved.
3. I've been doing a few projects for the wedding so I figure that's the best place to start.

So a quick update on the cake topper.

I love the idea of the peg dolls, however I don't love the idea of the price. Being unemployed has made me very stingy. So instead of getting them from Etsy, I bought the peg dolls from Amazon. They are three inches and they were less than $12. My DH and BM are working on them together. We are lucky since our BM is extremely artistic and graduated with a degree in Art (specifically sculpture) he is customizing the cake topper for us. I haven't seen it yet, but DH and should start working on the base soon.

Invitations

Molly at Mary and Martin Letterpress did the invitations for me. She was easy to work with, for the most part responsive and able to print extra when I didn't order enough. Most of the invitations went out on July 25, 2016.

We used a cotton paper and cotton envelope that are both off white. I wrote out the names in "Modern Calligraphy" which is my normalish handwriting using a calligraphy pen and a Sharpie fine point pen for the addresses. Between a calligraphy pen and a calligraphy marker, us a pen. The pen gives you cleaner lines and keeps the same look throughout. the pictures below are using the marker. For each envelope either added a vintage rose postage stamp or an ink seashell stamp. The postage stamp was embossed or letter pressed because you feel the rose on the stamp which gave it the perfect feel. If I was giving the invite by had I would have a red ribbon tied around the letters (if there was more than one letter) which I felt added the perfect 1950's touch.

On the back of each envelope I added a sliver wax seal. I was able to buy the seal on Amazon as well as the hot glue wax. I recommend hot glue wax if you are doing many like I was. Oh and don't lick the envelope so that you can open the letter without breaking the seal or tearing the envelope.

Being unemployed allowed me to be able to save a few bucks and personalized over 300 invites. :daisy:

IMG_20161003_114542302.jpg IMG_20161003_114609427.jpg IMG_20161003_114633364.jpg

Guests: 24 (final count)
Reservations: 9
Special Needs Reservations: 2
Days until cruise: 37
Level of freaking out: :charac2:

Dry dock mini rant

Here is a link to a blog on the Re-imagining of the Disney Wonder:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...-on-new-frozen-show-coming-to-wonder.3516346/

I don't think I've ranted about this but here we go. I am the crazy bride that book the first cruise after the Disney Wonder gets out of dry dock. I mean I had an idea that perhaps they were going to re-imagine because there were no itineraries for a few months before November but I had no idea what that could mean. I had no idea the issues that the Disney Magic had during her re-imagining including canceling her first sailing. So that is worse case scenario. Best case everything is more than perfect and we have the cruise of a lifetime.

The room I want is the Cadillac Lounge, which as of right now is just being "re-chromed", and as of Friday might still be available for me to use. However, 39 days until my cruise and the room can not be confirmed, there are no images of what it might look like. I mean if you look at one of the images of the link above the later pictures the ship is completely torn apart. Another thing is they are replacing Route 66, which I thought would be perfect for a 1950's photo op.

The last cruise had bad experiences with construction workers and if they aren't done I fear the same fate.

The positive of all of this is that we will be the first on the ship. I can run in and check out the Lounge and it will be a very unique experience for my guest. I'm sure Disney will do their best. I just hope everything will be in their control.

Last edited:
Directory

I wanted my guest to know what room everyone was in and how to call them. So a few months back, something like in March or May I found some cute cards on Amazon. They are Library cards. I love to read and since we were planning to get a Disney book for every guest I thought they would be perfect. Also I might use them to make a small itinerary or something. (As a side project I made them into a running index card calendar. If anyone is interested I will show you how I did that.)

I took one card per person and wrote our last names under the Author section of the library card. I stamped a little heart in the upper section with rubber stamps and I also stamped “directory” on the title section. Then I took the number stamp I used for the save the dates and stamped the room number under the column usually reserved for the date skipping two rows in between (there are 28 rows and I have 9 reservations so 28/9=3 remainder 1). After all that stamping I decided that I would write out the rest so under the Borrower’s name column next to the room number I wrote everyone’s first name and the number to dial to get to their room number and wave number. Here is a picture of the middle of the process.

IMG_20160923_153223139.jpg

Now I am going to ask my DSIL to laminate them since she works at a school and once that is done I will slip each into its own little slip and stick it in a book. You know those slips that library cards go in? One of those.

IMG_20161005_090728419.jpg

Last edited:

Disney Book

Originally the plan was to get each one of our wedding guest a Little Golden Disney book. They are the right size and at the time we thought we could afford the expense. But as the date come nearer we realized that it wasn’t going to be possible to pay $5 per book for 24 guests. So instead of giving up on the idea I suggested my DH and I check some used book stores or flea markets. The day we were going to look around we lost track of time and got too busy so while we waited for our car to get its oil changed, I suggested we check the dollar store that was next door. We were in luck. We were able to find the right amount of Disney books for a dollar each and coloring books for the kids. We had to do some digging through a badly presented shelf but we found them. We have like four of the same books, but with nine rooms we were able to move around the books so they didn’t double in a room.

IMG_20161005_090702565.jpg

Last edited:
The Dress

After going to David’s Bridal with my DH I was quite discouraged. There was nothing there I liked much less loved. I called my MOH crying. True to form she calmed me down and told me that she would help me look. The problem was that she was 12 hours away. So in June when I was preparing to move back home, she took time off to help me move. We took advantage of one of those days and went to go look at dresses in Dallas. It was rather perfect because it was the last day that we were going to do a physical inventory count (at least the last day I would be with the company.) This means I would get into work at 12 to 3 am and leave in the morning. I had expected to get off work at a decent hour, but I was training my replacement and still trying to keep with everything that had to get done. Needless to say the day we had planned to go shopping I had a heck of a day at work and didn’t get off work until something around 3 PM. My DH and MOH had planned to wait to have lunch with me, believing that I would be having lunch at a reasonable hour, however that didn’t happen. So neither she nor I had eaten as we rushed to Dallas (a two hour drive on a good day) and tried to make a 5 PM appointment I had rescheduled twice. Instead of picking up something on the way we texted her brother who also lives in Dallas and told him we were on our way. He suggested we show up once we were done with the to do list and we would all have dinner together. My MOH and I would have gotten something but he offered the one thing we would wait to eat, sushi. Realizing that we were cutting our time short to run to an appointment that was quite a distance away, we looked for a closer bridal shop. We found one recommended by Knot that was in the perfect location, Gowns of Grace. They closed later than the original boutique and they had really good ratings. I call and asked if they were busy, and it being a weekday, they weren’t. So a little before 5 (or at least that is the time I think it was) we walk in and are greeted by a lovely lady and rooms filled with white dresses. It was a small store but with my MOH at my side we started to pick things out. Once Nancy (the partner that was helping us) got an idea of what we like she helped pick a few things out as well. And beginning with the first dress (which was exactly what I thought I wanted, a tea length dress that was off white with a v neck line) I felt so much better having my MOH there. Within the first three dresses we had two that were the ones to beat, and under an hour we had picked the dress ordered it and ran to pick up her brother for dinner. Both she and I get cranky if we don’t get feed. With bragging rights under our belts and an agreement that my wedding dress would be a secret we drove to get our beloved sushi. Little to our knowledge her brother decided to play a cruel trick. He took us to a Ramen place, which would have been fine if we like Ramen, had eaten at some point that day, and hadn’t reminded him on our way that we wanted sushi. To please his beloved wife and disregard us completely we ended up having to suck it up and eat Ramen, I got away with eating Miso soup, but the moment she was going to order something other than Romaine he reminded her that this place was recommended and she needed to eat Ramon. Poor MOH, she hates Roman. From that day I have not been able to tell about the day we picked out my dress without adding that we didn’t get our sushi.

So here is our response when we are asked: The dress is purple and pearl diamonds on top with a flame thrower and canon in the skirt. It is the perfect dress for a zombie apocalypse. Then we get a mean look from the DH and we laugh and say that we are keeping the dress a secret because we want it to be a surprise.

Tomorrow the dress arrives here at the house and I will have to find someone in town to alter it in less than a month.

Last edited:
Boutonnieres

To help save a little money we are using fake flowers for some of our arrangements. Also I am taking advantage of making them to add a bit more Zombie to the wedding. After looking on Amazon I was able to find little lego men that are Zombies in blue suits. They are super cute, and they follow the not blood rule. J So I ordered three Zombie Lego BUSINESS MEN. I received 2 business men and one zombie cheerleader. Immediately I order an additional business man and was going to return the cheerleader, however my MIL liked it so I am going to put a pin on the back and she is going to wear the cheerleader. Small price to pay to put a smile on her face.

Once they came in I grabbed the flowers DH helped me pick out and I made some boutonnieres. Three, one for each father and one for the BM. Now I just have grab a wire and tie a Lego foot to the flowers.

For the kids I didn’t want to do anything Zombie so they are getting Grape Soda Caps, as well as my grandfather. I want the kind of relationship that last a lifetime and is filled with adventure so I’m hoping the Ellie badge will bring us some silly luck.

IMG_20161003_181910809.jpg IMG_20161003_182219160.jpg

The Wedding Party

Now that the guest list is final let me post our group:

Sam – Groom

Jazmin – Bride

Anahis – Maid of Honor

Adrian – Best Man

Manny – Ring Bearer

Ariel – Honorary News Paper Boy

Angelica – Flower Girl

And if you include them, the Parents, both his and mine.

I’m trying to find a place to start. I guess it starts with the DH in high school. Somehow he befriends a group of guys that are friends to this day. These are the kind of friends that just understand each other and have a strange brotherhood that puzzles me. In this group which we label the guys are the BM and the MOH’s older brother (the Ramen Brother.) Somewhere along the way they adopt my MOH as a mascot because she is so shy and sweet and innocent. Then my DH and I start dating and I get brought into this group. My MOH was endearing and young and heartbroken soon after we met so every time the guys would get together she and I would go to another room and talk and laugh and she started to burst out of her shell. Now we over share everything, even the amount of matching tattoos.

The last three are my DH nephews and niece, which to be fair, I have been in their lives for as long as they can remember; the oldest Manny was 6 months when I came into his life. So when we started planning we knew they had be honored in the wedding because my DH is most of their God Parent and we enjoy them. I don’t think we’ve ever wanted to give them back to their parents when we take them out.

So that is our party and I like how short and sweet it is. If anything it has definitely brought me and BM closer together because it’s given us an opportunity to really work together toward something. I could not ask for a better group. They are supportive and rarely combative.

Last edited:
The Bubbles Part I

This is going to be in two parts. The first part is the jar and the second part is the wand.

I wasn’t sold on a basket for the flower girl. It would add too much to the wedding and I would have to make it 1950’s or find a way to zombify it. This left me racking my brain for an alternative for months. We wanted something easy for her to hold, she is three years old so not too big. Something that wouldn’t over whelm her and it is extremely important to me that she like the idea of doing it. She’s going to walk down the aisle and as much as she likes the attention, actions will make her shy. I wanted something she would like doing no matter who was watching.

So sitting around my DH’s grandma’s house she starts begging for bubbles. Turns out she has a whole pack of bubbles there for her disposal. She will blow and blow in the living room getting everything covered in soap and great grandma just watches and laughs. Well great grandma won’t be at our wedding so it hits me, bubbles. She knows how to blow them, she loves to do it, and we can get bubbles for the guest to blow as I walk down the aisle or something. To add the icing to the cake, it’s a tip of the hat to my DH’s grandmother who won’t be able to make it.

So I wanted something cute and unique. The kids seem to be the exception to the theme because I just want them to be happy and excited. So I figured a glass jar and a homemade wand. DH has started to look at how to make them and he is down. He can do it in an hour and I can decorate it. He can make two so she gets used to using it.

I knew the jar had to be glass, but I didn’t know much else. I didn’t want to change her bubble blowing too much by giving her something completely unfamiliar and I don’t want her to be over practiced because the cute things come natural. So DH and I went to a craft store to get a cheap glass bottle., nothing over $2. We found one that has a wide opening and is about the same size as the bubble bottles she already uses so we decided to go with that.

Then we went to the wire section and picked up a pink 18 gage wire as a decoration for the wand. I thought it was so cute I was going to use it on the bubble bottle to add grip so when the jar got all soapy she wouldn’t drop it and cry. At some point while I was looking for accessories for her dress I found some cute butterflies and so I added it to the jar. I just have to clean up some hot glue, but here is the semi-finished bubble jar:

IMG_20161004_114917294.jpg

The Dress Has Arrived!

The Dress is here! It arrived today in the morning sooner than anyone expected. Immediately I message a picture of the box to my MOH and she replies “DON’T OPEN IT” are you kidding me?!?! She quickly explains she wants a picture of me opening it so I have to wait until she gets here. So I slide a knife through the tape and the dress wants to explode out. All the while my MOH is telling me not to peek and she’ll know. I’ve taken off the tap to cut out the time in which I open it once she is here, but it is backfiring!! I see off white! So I quickly move the box to my room and grab some scotch tape. All the time my MOH is telling me to respond to her messages and a full on trying to convince me not to peek. The tap isn’t working so I grab a blanket and throw it over the box. There concealed. Now I just had to explain to my MOH what happened as she is laughing her tushy off.

IMG_20161004_104146036.jpg

Today we go off to find a seamstress, that can have the dress back to us in a month. :sad2:

The flower girl

Poor baby had to go to the hospital yesterday and get two shots, one on each leg. Apparently she had a fever that wasn’t going down. She is back at home now, safe and sound.

Angelica aka Jellie is one of my DH’s god-children. She is three and a little ball of sunshine. She’s the youngest of three with two older brothers, but lucky for me she isn’t a tom boy just yet so she loves all the girly stuff that comes with being a flower girl.

I started looking at flower girl dresses a while ago, but nothing really tickled my fancy until I saw Alfred Angelo’s take on Jasmine's Princess Flower Girl Dress. Super cute! But the price was a little up there at $189 for a little girl.

9db205b8-1ee2-4c45-b8ea-b064b71e5773.enlargedNormal.jpg

So I started the long process of combing through Amazon for a cute dress. The dresses there are cute and so much cheaper. Once I narrowed it down to life fifteen dresses I grabbed my MOH and my DH and narrowed it down further. The winning dress was under $20 including shipping and handling. It has a lace top and a tulle skirt with a heart cut into the back. She loves it! It fits a little big but we are going to have it taken up and in during the weekend. I’ll be adding a white flower belt and some cute Mickey and Minnie buttons to give it that personalized touch. Once I see the dress I can continue with the head band, add Mickey and Minnie buttons and flowers.

IMG_20160930_154358[22].jpg

But as much as I love the dress, I love the shoes more. They are the most expensive part of the outfit and they helped inspire the personalization I was talking about.

Screenshot_20160904-124347.png

They are too perfect! Because of the shoes we are not going to allow the kids to have anything that is Zombie related. We are going to keep their innocence and she is going to be the only one to be all Disneyed out.

Last edited:
I don't : ( It was one of those things that I kept saying I was going to get o and never did. But I'm planning on starting a TR soon! : )
You should! I know I would be interested in reading it. There are so few of us cruise brides I've gobbled up everything that is available for us.

The Post Cards

I’m sure I’ve mentioned this, but in case I haven’t I don’t have a guest book. I am planning on adding postcards to the welcome gifts and having the guest fill them out. They are off white and blank on one side in case the guests what to use more room or get artistic. We have a few artistic people joining us, including children so I wanted to give that option, and how cute would that look in a wedding album.

While browsing Hobby Lobby with my MOH, we saw some blank postcards that were perfect, and cheaper than what we found online. I still have to get one more pack, but we bought both the packages the store had. I want to have a few extra in case one of my guests needs more than one card.

IMG_20161005_090843968.jpg

My favorite part is that I can put the person’s picture next to the card so we don’t have to struggle to figure out who is who. (Not that it will be hard with 24 guests, but still.)

PS Meet Yuki, my MOH’s puppy. Yes she is on a Disney pillow.

IMG_20160920_150026084.jpg

The Guys

Now this was a fashion changer. Originally I was opting for more semiformal relaxed look. You know like a garden variety 1950s wedding. I’ve mentioned how my DH and I are relaxed and just want everything chill. Well when we got everyone together for the suits, my favorite suite for the DH was a dark gray tuxedo. I just know he will look amazing in it. And for the rest of the men, the only navy suits available are tuxedos. So instead of them wearing the 1950s full on suit, they are now wearing full on tuxedos. The choices we made weren’t available so the images we have aren’t of them in the tuxes they will be wearing but we have images none the less.

13912413_1120619361309715_5929827509862080918_n.jpg
From left to right, my dad, his dad, our BM, and the groom.

Now since the guys are formal, well this was the turning point for the girls fashion as well. Fortunately my dress is versatile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!