Our very SHORT night at Disneyland

bekkio

Mouseketeer
A little history first, my DH and I met working at Disneyland 8 year ago. We've now been married 6 1/2 years and have 2 beautiful daughters - Karolyn, 5 and Marina, 2.

While we were castmembers (I quit 6 years ago, DH 7) we managed to acquire free admission tickets with no expiration date at the rate of 4 a year. After working there for 5 years, and with all of relatives sick to death of Disneyland (I didn't know it was possible!) I had been hoarding them.

I thought my husband and I had used the last of them at our last anniversary, but I had found 3 tickets while cleaning out our closet. how wonderful! Let's go see the Christmas decorations on the Friday all the local schools get out.

I'm not going to detail what we did in the 3 1/2 hours that we were there, but here are a few comments.

Parking: The street signs around the Park are VERY confusing. My husband grew up in Anaheim, and I worked at Disneyland for 5 years, so we know the area very well. Things have changed so much in the last 6 months, we were completely confused! One of the lots was full, and it took about 30 minutes until we were able to figure out how to get to the parking structure. After we got it, it was smooth sailing to the park.

Christmas decorations: Most beautiful that I have seen! They've really outdone themselves this year.

Fast pass with short stays: does NOT work. We were hoping to see It's a Small World since it's all decked out for the holidays, but the fast past time at 7pm ranged between 10:30 and 11:00. Too late!

All in all, it was way too crowded to really enjoy ourselves. I had worked 5 4th of Julys with attendence of about 72k. This was pretty close to that number. If it was just us adults, with no kids, it wouldn't have been so difficult. Next year, we're taking a day off of work in the middle of the week.

The best thing about our little trip, it has us (well, me at least) even more excited about our trip to WDW next month.

have a great Christmas

Disneyland - can't count that high!
Beach club 1-93
Disneyland CM 1989-1994
Off site 84 and 88

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#006600>

Bekka, Great way to spend the time. :)

I noticed that IASW had much smaller lines in the daytime. We didn't even go near it in the evening.

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland Board Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My Disneyland Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Dress Up Your Posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter