Our trip to DLP (Cheyenne & Newport Bay)

Dingdingding

Mouseketeer
We just got back from our trip to DLP. We planned to visit the parks from the 31st of January till the 3rd of February, starting with a night in Cheyenne (30-31st), followed by three nights in Newport Bay and a night at a Kyriad near Versailles. At the last moment though, we decided to book another night at Magic Circus before our night at Cheyenne so we could visit Aqualagon at Centre Parks.

But because of the high costs of Aqualagon (40 or 50 euros a ticket and 15 euros for parking), and an unexpected good deal for loose tickets at Disneyland (42 euros p.p.) we decided to do another day in the parks. Looking back that was a great decision because after our day in DLP, my girlfriend got very sick with stomach flu, and stayed in bed (and the bathroom) for two whole days. So all in all our planned 5 days at the parks got shortened to 2,5 days.

Highs:
- The low waiting times were great! That alone is reason enough for us to plan our next trip in January or February. Even attractions at like Ratatouille and RC racer had absolutely no lines. When my girlfriend was asleep for a few hours, I went into the parks alone and did Ratatouille (3 times), RC racer (1), Tower of Terror (2), Hyper Space Mountain (3), Star Tours (1) within 2,5 hours with more time spent walking and in attractions than in lines.
- Newport Bay: What an amazing hotel. It was more expensive than we're used to spend but absolutely worth it. The service alone is so much better than any other DLP-hotel we stayed at (Sequoia, Cheyenne, Santa Fé and Davy Crocket), the Concierge was always open and always available, we have used it so much. The rooms were beautiful, the only strange thing was that our TV at Cheyenne was a lot bigger. The nearby public toilet was a plus during my girlfriend's sick days.
- Hotel Cheyenne: The service was awful with long lines at the check in (and again when we had to pick up our room key) but they put us in a room at the south side of the terrain (close to the trail to the parks) and the room was beautifully renovated. The bed was kinda hard but what should you expect in a "budget"-hotel.
- Hotel Magic Circus: Quite old rooms but greatly themed, quite large and fantastic service at the check-in desk. Very friendly staff.
- Cape Cod: Normally I hate buffets but this one was absolutely fantastic.
- Silver Spur: The main course was average but both our deserts where very tasty, as were our entrée's (a Cesar salad and prawn salad). On top of that we got a free tea because my girlfriend ate very little (she was still recovering then); they were very understanding.
- Breakfast at Newport Bay: What a great breakfast. If we have the chance to stay at Newport again we will do breakfast here every day, even if we have to pay full price. About the best hotel breakfast I've ever had.

Lows:
- The fact that my girlfriend got sick of course
- The weather: rainy and cold, but hey; the lines where short so we where mostly inside anyway. Except;
- Very long lines on Saturday: Why? Why were the lines so long on Saturday? There weren't any notional holidays and it's January. I know it's a weekend-day but the lines were as long as they were during the Christmas Holiday.
- Our upgrade from half-board to full-board. It already wasn't a very wise choice (two three course meals on one day is a bit too much), but combined with my sick girlfriend it was a disaster. We mostly did buffets, as she could get something light there, but we definitely didn't really get our money's worth.
- The horribly long lines at the "official" breakfast restaurant, En Coulisse, where you should get your breakfast if you had a coupon. After we waited for almost an hour before getting a subpar breakfast (an Ikea breakfast is better), we decided not to go there again. Next day we decided to go to New York Sandwiches and were prepared to pay extra for an hour more in the parks but we didn't have to pay extra, we got a small baguette in stead of a mini bread roll, and a larger hot chocolate with whipped cream. All that with a waiting time of less than five minutes.
- Chez Rémy: Great atmosphere, horrible food, subpar service.
- Hunter's Grill: We went to Hunter's Grill for our second dinner, after having done Cape Cod. For us the price was the same as we had the free plus-vouchers, but normally the price difference is about 2-3 euros. While Cape Cod is fantastic, Hunter's Grill is awful. The food was so much worse than at Cape Cod. But not only that; I guess you pay a but for the people around you too; Cape Cod is quite classy, Hunter's Grill had an awful crowd; People who were eating with their mouths open, I got pushed away a couple of times and I saw someone put in their eyedrops at a table next to hours. I lost most of my appetite by then. Just awful.
- Walt's: Maybe my expectations were too high and the entourage was fantastic but the food wasn't that great. I loved the atmosphere, and we didn't pay that much (30 euros, two plus-vouchers and 40 euros on a free gift card), but the meal wasn't worth the 130 euros we normally would have spent.
- So many attractions were in renovation: but we knew that beforehand.
- Our drive from DLP to Versailles: It was so busy on the roads on a Saturday evening and almost everybody drove like maniacs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!