Our Surprise Goodie Bag List For Drive Down!!

MosMom

<font color=deeppink>Damn you, you wretched clown!
Well, I've been working on making a bag full of inexpensive surprise goodies for my daughter on our drive down to Florida in 5 DAYS!!! Hope this helps someone else out...

~ Sleeping Beauty Paper Doll Book
~ Disney Princess Wonderball (Chocolate ball filled with character shaped candies & a character sticker)
~ Pooh & Mickey premade party loot bag (Each contain a small coloring book, stickers, a toy, and a few candies)...found those for .99 at Meijer on clearance!
~ Coloring pages/books with all sorts of crayons, markers, etc.
~ Little Mermaid Kaliedescope (Disney Store)
~ Car Travel Game (find things out your window that match the pictures and mark them off as you find them) (Zany Brainy)
~ Hello Kitty Playset Thingy (Zany Brainy)
~ Pooh/Piglet Magnetic Tic-Tac-Toe (Disney Store)
~ Princess Bead Bracelet Kit (Disney Store) - This could be a disaster in the car but she has a lap desk so it shouldn't be too bad. If it becomes a disaster we will just stop by a vacuum. ;)
~ 9.99 Tape Headphones Set for all of her Disney story tapes (I buy them in the CD & Cassette sets and we use the cassettes in the car but I know that DH will need to listen to his own music at times too so she can use her headphones. They will also plug into the TV/VCR so she can watch her movies in peace too.
~ We are going to buy Cinderella II this week for the trip and pull that out as a surprise as well. A new movie will last at least 6 hours because she will want to watch it at least 3 times in a row. LOL :)
~ Pooh/Piglet mini picnic set (Target has them on clearance for 2.99) It has a little tiny Pooh & Piglet with little tiny picnic accessories. This will probably all be lost by the time we get there but it is the small moments of sanity we are trying to achieve here. ;)
~ Spongebob Squarepants & Powerpuff Girls coloring books
~ Baby Bottle Pop (Some candy baby bottle thing she has been BEGGING for and since we aren't regular candy buyers I figured this would elate her)
~ Magic Ink Books
~ Mini Magna Doodle

In addition to all this we're bringing her Gameboy, Pixter, and LeapPad but I figured those would get old fast so hopefully this will work. We filled a whole backpack with surprises...they better last 16 hours. LOL =)

Hope this might help someone else :)

Sounds great! Just a warning on the baby bottle pop candy. it could be very messy in the car! It is a sucker on the top that you lick and then stick into flavored sugar. I can picture sugar everywhere. LOL.

I had an idea at Odd Lots the other day and I wish my DD was smaller so I could get them for her. They have dressup clothes and I thought that it would be cute to get the little shoes, they are clear like Cinderellas, and use them as a 'goody bag' to put small treats from Cinderella and the other princesses. If you are dining at Cindy's that would also be a cute invitation on the morning of the breakfast.

I fill up birthday treat bags for the kids for each day of our trip. I can usually find Disney treat bags on clearance throughout the year and I keep my eye out for little items to put in them all year long.

Wow what a great list! I am a huge proponent of goodie bags for surprises - keeps them entertained for sure. One thing I do is wrap some of the items with directions on them as to when to open them - for example a candy item I might wrap and say "open after lunch when we get back in the car." To spread out the coloring books and activity books I might have my child open one as we enter each state we are traveling through. I buy Disney wrapping paper too. Adds a bit to the excitement.

Liz

Walmart had the Crayola magic paper and markers set (the markers only write on this special paper so no mess on hands and car seats!) regular price $6.95 marked down to $2.00!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!

Mac, I might have to check that out...They make a desk that goes with all that. We had thought about buying the desk but then remembered she has a bean bag bottomed lap desk that would be more comfortable than a hard plastic crayola lap desk. The paper looks so cool though!

I just bought some Disney Sticker Treasury Albums at Sam's Club. They had 3 or 4 editions of these featuring different characters. I think each book had over 350 stickers each. They were about $7-8 a piece. It sounds like you already have a lot of good stuff though!

THey also have fruit chews shaped like Pooh and Friends, Mickey and Friends, and the Princesses.

Mickeyfanz...I just bought one of those sticker books for my daughter on Monday. They're really neat!

MosMom...You've got some really good items there! I'm sure your daughter will be surprised and will keep herself entertained for the drive. Our trip isn't until late November, but I've started buying little odds and ends to put back for our DD's surprise pack. I'm planning on wrapping everything in Disney paper and handing them out at different intervals during our drive down. I can't wait! Hope you have a marvelous trip!:D

I've found that three things per car trip is just enough. If you pack more, they spend most of their time going through it or searching for the "item of the moment." And you spend all your time picking it up. Trust me: three things per car trip.

We usually bring our small TV/VCR unit, coloring books/crayons, and story books. Maybe a small doll too. We just bought Gameboy Advances for Christmas, but they are not yet "trip tested." More is not always better -- sometimes it's just more!

Thought I would add my suggestions too (DD is 3.5)

smallnote pad with stickers she is happy sticking in these for quiet awhile and when she gets tired of sticking I give her a pencil and she will make lists ( someday the lists will make sense to me :-) )
small box of legos (Target usually has them for 1.50)
"The Toy Cupboard" ISBN 158117103X she has taken this on cars,trains,and planes lots of self contained activity (15.00 of well spent money)
Rand McNally Kids Road Atlas and her compass (ISBN 0528841971)

Angela

Sounds like your all set Mosmom - although with my kids I bring several items to keep them occupied and they end up playing with only one thing the entire trip. Only problem is you just never know which item they will choose!! My girls love the little kelly dolls (barbies lil sister) and the clothes and items that go with it. Two new kellys (the two dolls play with each other!) and an outfit or two will keep them busy for hours.

Also Target has lap desks on sale here in MA. They attach to the back of the front seat by the headrest and unfold similar to the airline trays. They are soft and lined with cardboard on the bottom so no danger of injury. There are pockets for toys as well as a drink holder. It really helps keep toys and games from falling to the floor and needing to be rescued. One pocket is perfect for gameboy and games. My girls also use it to color, play and even snack. We have hello kitty and scooby, they also have pp girls and minnie mouse.

HTH
TJ

My favorite item to bring for car rides are "books on tape" there are so many great books available in book stores and at the library. My son (6 yo) loves them. Another bonus it gives us some great conversations (our own book club). We have a mix of short books with companion books for him to look through (great disney titles available) and novels (we've done the Harry Potter 1, 2, 3- 4 is for our trip in april). These aren't on time shots, he's listened to them over and over.

Pam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter