Our recommended dining at Disney

explorer06

Mouseketeer
Hello! Got back from WDW last night. Had a great time with my wife and daughter (4-year old). Had made several reservations and were happy we did. if you're going and want table service, BOOK NOW! Places do fill up now with the Disney Dining Plan. Our thoughts on some of the places we ate at:

- Kona Cafe at the Polynesian: Pleasantly surprised by the food quality and the service. One of our two top meals during our stay. Wife and I had the steaks (the filet mignon and the teryaki one). They were exquisite. Try the lava cake for desert. Would go back!

- Brown Derby at MGM: Another amazing place for steaks. Both had filet mignon. Creme Brulee was also delicious. Well worth the two dining credits from our DDP.

- Cinderalla's Royal Table: A bit expensive for the quality of the food. I had Major Domo's Pie which was good. My wife had salmon which was a bit dry. Desert was also average for the price (blueberry muffin with ice cream). I know you pay for the privilege of eating there and the characters but still... Obviously, my daughter was beyond excitement at the sight of Cinderella, Snow White and the princesses. Probably a required one time experience for the children but nothing more.

- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall: Our least favourite table service meal although our daughter quite enjoyed the presence of several princesses. Appetizer buffet is good but entrees (which are à la carte) are average, especially the lamb which essentially consisted of a few very small pieces of meat (4 or 5) in a thick sauce with a round potato. Desert was very good though. We likely won’t visit again.

- Biergarten Restaurant: Enjoyed a lot. The food itself is good with traditional German sausage among the choices but it’s the ambiance that makes it worthwhile with the German village decor and live band. Really gets you in Octoberfest mood.

- Crystal Palace: Definitely the best buffet we had while at Disney. Again, great meats and side dishes. Pooh and company were also a big hit with our daughter.

- Liberty Tree Tavern: The food here was good, traditional American fare. Nothing earth shattering but combined with the colonial atmosphere and the characters (Minnie, Goofy amd company), it made for a very enjoyable evening. This is a set menu. Sever brings all the dishes on guests help themselves.

These were the table meals we did. Of course, we visited many counter service spots. One worth mentioning was Tusker House at Animal Kingdom. Healthy, even refined food for a counter service place. I had a delicious salmon with beans and rice.

That’s my quick report. Don’t hesitate to email if you have questions.

Thanks for the reviews. We are eating at almost the exact same places as you. Thanks for the heads up about Akershus I guess I will try to fill up on the appetizers.

Kristyn

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Kristyn - On Akershus, the lamb seemed to be the worst main dish. When I looked around, the other portions seemed more acceptable. My wife had the salmon and the size was reasonable although average in taste. So, my advice would be to stay away from the lamb. Have a great trip.

Great reviews! Who had the better steak at Kona? I"m trying to decide for my trip next month! :teeth:

Well, I had the better steak at Kona. While my wife's Filet Mignon was great, my Teryaki was definitely the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter