Our Plan -- Comments?

sif

Raising 2 Toy Story Fanatics
We are going to WDW in 32 days! Here is our plan (as of now), and I would be interested in any comments about things we might be overlooking, missing, forgetting, etc. This will be a relatively short trip for me, dw, ds (5 yrs), ds (3 yrs) and dd (5 mos.)

Day 1: Flight arrives approx 5pm; check in to lodging (offsite villa), dinner, probably grocery store for diapers, etc. Relax.

Day 2: MGM! We will be at the park at opening time. Our two boys are Toy Story fanatics, so Al's Toy Barn is a must, and lunch at Pizza Planet. Also Playhouse Disney live on stage. Plan to spend all day at MGM. Depending on energy level of kids, dinner at park or back at villa. Evening, go for a swim and relax.

Day 3: MK! Again, at opening time. Character lunch at Crystal Palace with the 100 Acre Wood gang. Same plans re dinner and evening. (Playing it by ear).

Day 4: AK! Kilimanjaro safari seems to be a must. Otherwise, planning to spend as much time here as the kids remain interested. Possibly hop back over to MK in the afternoon. Same plans re dinner and evening.

Day 5: Check out in the morning, either go back to MK or MGM for a few hours or go to Downtown Disney for some last minute shopping. Flight leaves airport at 2:30pm.

How does that sound for a short-ish visit? Any comments, thoughts??

With kids that young, have you considered naps during the day? Staying in a park all day could really drain a child. I know with my kids, once the energy level goes down, the irritable level goes up.

As far as plans go, sounds good, just make sure you have a plan on what to see that is a must. Since you are staying offsite, you won't be able to do EMH, so you will get in the parks the same time as the general public. I am not sure what the crowd levels are for mid to late April, but the parks usually get crowded after the first 1-2 hours. Do your must see attractions in that first hour or so, after that it may be hard to get much done. Again, not sure of the crowd level then, you may be OK.

Oh, and WELCOME to the DIS!!

Thanks for the welcome and the input. Regarding the naps, I know we'll have to be prepared to abandon plan at any time, but it's been a loooong time since either boy took a real nap during the day. I agree that they will definitely be exhausted....that's why we're figuring that we might go back to the villa for dinners, re-evaluate and likely call it a night each night. As for the baby, she'll sleep in the stroller or baby bjorn as necessary, and that shouldn't slow us down too much (except for feeding times). If we have to go back to the villa for a mid-day nap for the boy(s), that's OK, since it will energize everyone to go back to the park and stay a bit later than we would have otherwise done.

As for crowd levels, everything I've read on these boards seems to suggest light to moderate crowds in the last week of April. I hope that's the case. If so, we're just lucky because I didn't plan the trip with that thought in mind......

Thanks again.

Just my .02 regarding naps... We go to the parks for the entire day with our 2yo. We take our time, and when she is ready to nap, she will do so. We don't force it on her, as she is way to excited to even think about it. Taking a stroller allows her to relax whenever she's ready, and we just go with the flow.

Don't worry, you'll have a blast! Your plan sounds pretty good! ::yes::

We went to WDW when our kids were 3 and 6, some things they loved were:

Lego store playground at DTD
riding the monorail (around and around!)

Toon Town at MK

the animal petting area (get there by riding train) at AK

swimming (probably their favorite thing :rolleyes: )

meeting characters (Crystal Palace is great for young ones like yours)

If you go to MGM (we didn't that trip) be sure to play at the Honey I Shrunk the Playground and see the Muppet Movie.

My most important advice is to be flexible. That trip our kids (who also didn't nap) were wiped out by 7pm each night. We never saw Spectro., Fantasmic or Illuminations that trip (we did see MK fireworks from our resort-Poly) but we had a great time. It was our first trip and each time we go we build on that first time (we have been 3x with kids).

Good luck and have a blast!:sunny:

Your plans sound great!! It looks like you have done your homework and know what are "must sees" for your family. That is so important to do!!! I have seen countless families enter the parks and stand looking at the park maps, trying to decide what to do and where things are located!! YIKES!! What a waste of prime touring times!!

You do know that Al's Toy Barn is simply a Meet & Greet and photo op for pictures with Buzz and Woody, right? It's not really an attraction per say. Also Pizza Planet is a counter service eatery with an arcade. It doesn't have a lot to do with the Pizza Planet from the Toy Story Movie. (What a shame Disney didn't put a little more effort here!!) I just wanted to be sure your boys weren't expecting too much!

Have you ever tried the Honey I Shrunk The Kids play area? Our DGD had tons of fun there. There is alot of climbing, sliding and squirting available to help burn off some energy!

I alos think you have the right attitude to "play it by ear" as to the children's tolerance. You will know when they need to take a break!!!

By the way, we are neighbors!! We live in Ellwood City, about 36 miles north of Pittsburgh.

Have a great trip and make some special memories. Take lots of film for pictures!!!

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!!

I think your plan sounds great. Our kids usually nap in the stroller. We almost always go in the off season when the parks close early--aound 6pm so if we went back to the room to nap we would lose valuable park hours. Plus when we head back to the resort we put them to bed early and it seems to work just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter