Our MNSSHP experience

We attended MNSSHP on Sunday Sept 29th and it was pretty empty. We could walk on most rides with no or very little wait.
We even did some pictures with characters that normally have a few hour waits because there were no lines.
We got a pic with the 7 dwarfs after waiting about 10 mins.

Party was well worth it !
Interesting. Sunday was Sept 30th. We went two days later on Tuesday October 2nd and experienced the high crowds everyone has been complaining. Well, at least the candy was better and the treat bag bigger than in years past. Personally I would give up ALL the candy if I could walk-on to Peter Pan.

I would guess this was probably our 20th time going to a MNSSHP, we have been attending since the parties were a shocking $29.95 per person if you can imagine that.

I had read on the dis that people felt like the party had become more crowded and felt Disney was selling more tickets. I have been to sold out parties and the party we attended Sunday night certainly felt far more crowded than any party we have ever attended.

We entered at 4pm, had an early dinner at the Plaza and then headed to ride a few rides. From 5 pm until park close this is what we did:
Dumbo
Mermaid Ride
Barnstormer
Tomorrowland Speedway
Haunted Mansion
POC
BTM
Splash
11:15 Parade
Midnight- Hocus Pocus Show
Several candy trails
3 magic photo ops

Historically, we have managed at least twice if not more rides and several character meet and greets in the same time frame.

Overall it was crowded everywhere! We no longer attend the Christmas Parties because we don’t feel there is enough value in them. After this experience with the Halloween Party we may not attend it again.

We were there on the 10th with our 23 year old son. (His college graduation present.) My husband and I agreed that this is the last time we will probably attend a party. We aren't interested in the shows, and he feels there's not enough value in it if it's just him and I in the future.

Now, I could just soak up the atmosphere and walk around. I love the parade and fireworks, but we will probably skip it in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter