Our 'Meeska Mooska' Disney Initiation 11/21-11/25 Trip Report *Updated* 02/02/14

Pt. 2

Apologies for the long delay everyone; but I'm back with more of my day at AK!

After a hearty breakfast at Pizzafari, it was time to use my FP for the Kilimanjaro Safari.

It was a good thing I got a FP for this because the queue was packed. And since I was by myself, I lucked up and managed to snag a seat behind our tour guide. The safari itself was really cool but it was a little slow at times as some of the animals weren't out. Which is understandable since it was cold that day. But I did get some good shots....

I'm sure these guys would love some company. ;)

As we wound our way through the safari, we got a chance to see some of the more popular African animals such as: Giraffes, Rhinos, Lions ,African Elephants etc.

Can you spot the baby?

The highlight of the safari was when a curious Giraffe stopped our vehicle so he could come get a closer look at us. After a good 5 minutes, the Giraffe decided he was bored with these 'mere tourist' it went about his way. :rotfl2: This is the closest I've ever gotten to a Giraffe and it was definitely a Disney memory I'll never forget. :thumbsup2

Who you eye-ballin' ?

Gasp.... could that be Mufasa?!

I definitely enjoyed the Safari and kudus to our tour guide (forgot his name) for keeping things entertaining when no animals were present. Next it was off to explore the Pagani Forest.

Pt. 2 cont...

While on the way to Pagani, there was an area where you could get a closer at the Kilimanjaro Safari animals. That's when I saw one of the strangest animals ever: An Okapi.

I swear this thing looked like a cross between a donkey and a zebra. Interesting enough, it's fact sheet listed it as a cousin of the Giraffe!! Guess ya learn something new everyday. Interesting looking creature nonetheless.

Pagani Forest was pretty nice although we didn't get to see the Gorillas (who were probably resting)...but I did strike up a conversation with a cast member who was from Africa. Really nice guy and he mentioned that he'd only been in the states for a few months but had a friend who studying at my alma mater: Southern University!

With time to kill before my 2nd FP, I headed on over to Camp Mickey & Minnie to meet some more friends.

Well....after that it was time for me to meet my maker * gulp* Expedition Everest !!! :scared1:

Even looking at it from far away is scary.

I actually thought about backing out of the ride; but since I didn't want to waste my FP , I had to suck it up and face the Yeti.

After going through the queue, I was seated on the ride. Let me tell you my body was racked with nerves and adrenaline! But I gotta say, the ride is ultra thrilling and I especially loved going backwards when the Yeti ripped apart the track. The only scary part for me were the big drops! I'm sorry I had to close my eyes on that! :rotfl2:

But it's all good and I was happy that I faced my fear and didn't have to worry about it anymore.

YEAH... I CONQUERED THE YETI...YEAH BABY!!!!

Well that wraps up part 2 of my day at AK. Stay tuned for part 3.

AK Pt. 3

Alright I'm back for the last leg of this report. When we last left off, I had conquered the ferocious Yeti; so what better way to celebrate than watch FOTLK!!

I didn't know what to expect from this show...but I really liked it and the performers were very multi-talented. I think I was sitting in the "Giraffe" section of the theatre; so naturally we had to make up a 'giraffe noise'. :lmao:
I hear they're making a new FOTLK theatre, so I definitely lucked up getting to see this show before it went dark. Great show.

Alright next I hopped onboard the train to check out Rafiki's Planet Watch.

The area is very educational and I even sat down in one of the sound proof booths to listen to a narration on animal sounds. I was kinda pressed for time as my FP for Dinosaur was approaching so I really didn't get a chance to truly explore it; but I didn't want to leave without meeting Rafiki....

Obviously he couldn't help 'monkeying around'. :)

We became fast friends.

Up next was Dino Land USA to use my last FP for Dinosaur.

Much like Space Mountain, I thought this ride would be tame. I was only half-right. LOL While not as wild as Space, it does have some intense moments: One of them being coming face to face with a man-eating Dinosaur!!!

I was so scared, I accidently hit the guy seated next to me. He was a good sport about it though.

The last thing on my to-do-list that day was Kali River Rapids. I saved that last because of the high probability that I would get wet. I'm glad I started a thread asking fellow posters about how to prepare for water rides at WDW. I had my poncho on and three zip lock bags to store my phone and camera. As expected I got soaked on Kali but I had a blast otherwise!

And with that, I bid farewell to AK to checkout more of Downtown Disney and prepare for Wishes at MK later that night.

Downtown Disney/ Magic Kingdom/Farewell WDW

By the time I made it to DD, the cold weather had started which probably didn't help me since my shoes were still wet from 'Kali' and I left my jacket back at the resort. I knew I was just begging to catch a cold, but I didn't care...I'm at WDW!! :thumbsup2

Another one of the main attractions at DD that I wanted to check out besides Cirque Du Soleil was Disney Quest. I love video games so this place was like heaven for me. After grabbing some pizza for lunch, I hit the games!! All the classics were there : Super Mario Bros., Galaxian , Pac-Man, Joust you name it ! I even got to play the Wreck It Ralph game. Yeah it's a really frustrating game. :lmao:

Man seriously I could spend an entire month in Disney Quest!!! My only complaint is that it's a little confusing navigating your way up and down each floor as the elevators were either too slow or weren't working at all. Other than that, the place is awesome and I hope to one day do more of the interactive games. I also hope to take part in the drawing class that they offer in the Create Zone area.

Well by the time I left Disney Quest it was approaching dark, so I jetted on over to the World of Disney (awesome store btw) to pick up some souvenirs and catch the bus back to Kadani Village. Once back at Kidani Village, I took a quick shower, checked on my mom to see if she was okay, grabbed my jacket and headed back to MK to see the 'Wishes' fireworks finale.

I was able to make it in time to catch the Main Street Electrical Parade!

After that it was time for the 'Wishes' fireworks show. I managed to get a great view in front of Cinderella Castle and while waiting, I struck up a conversation with two locals girls. They were Disney fanatics and were just as excited for the show as I am. They were really nice. And without any delay, I got to see 'Wishes' up close and personal. To see the castle projections and fireworks was absolutely amazing and was a great ending to an awesome Disney vacation!!!

Before leaving the MK, I grabbed a hot dog and fries at Casey's Corner and took a seat next to the Goofy statue on Main Street. I didn't realize how popular the Goof Man was as people kept stopping to take pictures of statue. LOL

So after that , I left the MK gates to catch the bus back to the resort.

I snapped a photo of a couple, so they were nice enough to take a picture of me.

The next morning we checked out of the resort to catch the Magical Express back to the Orlando International Airport. Funny thing as we were walking through the lobby, a group of African animals finally decided to show their faces (they had been hiding from me throughout the trip :lmao:) but it's all good. At least I got to see them out in about.

Our bus driver was nice enough to snap a photo of us on the way out. He was pretty funny and he did his best to lighten up the mood on the way to the airport.

And with that, my 1st WDW trip was in the books!! I just wanna say I had an absolutely phenomenal time even though it was mostly me exploring the parks. And even though my mother didn't get out as much; she also had a good time during the times we were able to meet up. Disney really does bring out the kid in you no matter how old you are and the cast members were great and really dedicated to what they do. I look forward to the day I can come back with my own family to experience the joy and magic of WDW (and all Disney Parks for that matter). Oh and special thanks to you guys for helping us plan our trip; you guys were great with your knowledge and helpful tips !!

Till next time...Take Care!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter