Our (locals) Food & Wine Experiences

DrivenByDisney

4.3 Miles from Property
I see a lot of people posting/replying to the Food & Wine festival this year and wanted to chime in on our, as locals, experiences this year so far for Food & Wine.

Overall we have had an awesome time this year sampling the foods and enjoying brief conversations with people either here on holiday or from near by on their experiences and favourite foods, etc. I enjoy this almost the most as you never know who you are going to meet or where they will be from.

My wife and I actually met someone from her hometown of Forrest Lake, MN. and turns out they attended the same high school. Really cool I thought. Just one of many great conversations at the Food & Wine. Here are a few takeaways from my point of view only.

Time Visited: Typically Monday to Thursday in the mid to late afternoon until closing

Days Visited: Six so far and counting

Crowd Levels: Not as bad honestly as I thought they would be. Obviously nothing compared to the weekend crowds. We have yet to wait longer than five minutes in any kiosk for food or beverages. Though at times in certain areas it can become congested

Drunks: I know this is a concern and/or hot topic with many so here is what I experienced on our visit. In the six days we have visited, I have only witnessed a few people (that being yesterday) even close to getting out of hand. That being said, they were not any where close to out of hand, just a little loud in the Wine Studio area in between Future World & World Showcase. All we had to do was leave and that was over

Favourite Foods (so far): Pork Spareribs with Red Wine, Fennel and Cheesy Mascarpone Grits at Sustainable Chew. Lobster & Seafood Fisherman's Pie at Ireland. Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans and Tomatoes at Brazil.

Favourite Drinks: Not a huge wine person so I will go with the Brew Dog IPA from Scotland. I know these guys and their IPA is one of the most consistent out there right now.

Overall: Yes, as locals we have a different view of the Food & Wine as we can go and just stroll around, pick and choose what we would like to try and just relax and taste what we want, when we want. Sharing tables or benches with others, having brief but fun conversations is always a plus to me for the festival. Looking forward to our next visit on Tuesday of next week.

Here is a shot of the 20th Anniversary Food & Wine Festival glass pass holders receive on our third visit of the festival
10891815_1205438802815987_1806617520594484873_n.jpg

Thanks for the report. We are locals (1 hour away) and go every year. May see you there next Tuesday! We skip nights and weekends.

Thanks for the report. We are locals (1 hour away) and go every year. May see you there next Tuesday! We skip nights and weekends.

P'ColaBeachBum - Did you use to live in Pensacola or just like visiting? That is where I am originally from :) Now, we are lucky. Only live about five minutes from Disney property here in Dr. Phillips. And yes, you may just see us out there on Tuesday. Usually end up watching Illuminations at the Rose & Crown with some fish & chips.

Just FYI if you didn't know you can still collect AP stamps even though you have already gotten a glass. There was no limit to the number you could collect.

I'm from the Pensacola area ...grew up in Gulf Breeze. Currently living on the Space Coast. DH is from Panama City, Fl and he always stops by the Rose and Crown for a Bass Ale.

Just FYI if you didn't know you can still collect AP stamps even though you have already gotten a glass. There was no limit to the number you could collect.

Yup. Check that :)

I'm from the Pensacola area ...grew up in Gulf Breeze. Currently living on the Space Coast. DH is from Panama City, Fl and he always stops by the Rose and Crown for a Bass Ale.

We lived off Scenic Highway and on the beach before we left Pensacola. Small world :)

We were there last night (3rd visit) and picked up our wine glasses. They are very nice and I was pleasantly surprised.
I was under the impression that they are limiting the glasses to one per passholder while supplies last. But I am not sure and it is doubtful we would get 4 more anyway. :)

We really enjoyed the variety this year and each of us found a favorite dish after checking them out on visits one and two. :)
First week we started at the Canada station and stopped at the Poland station. The second visit we started in Mexico and worked back to Poland. And last night, we just went back to our favorite spots. :)

I did not see any drunks at all and we went on 2 Friday evenings and one Thursday evening. There were very happy people there... :) but in a funny and pleasant way.

The crowd levels were great at 5 when we got there, but you could tell folks were picking up the pace after 7 PM (I am thinking they might have come from MK as they were party nights) Either way, we had fast passes for what we wanted and had short waits later in the evening anyway.

I think we may go back again next week, but on a weekday/afternoon :)

Drunks: I know this is a concern and/or hot topic with many so here is what I experienced on our visit. In the six days we have visited, I have only witnessed a few people (that being yesterday) even close to getting out of hand. That being said, they were not any where close to out of hand, just a little loud in the Wine Studio area in between Future World & World Showcase. All we had to do was leave and that was over

I tried...

However, I'm from Wisconsin. So those odds are already stacked against me. Then the smaller beer sizes definitely slowed the pace down. The only time I had a decent buzz going was after my margarita from inside and downstairs of the Mexico pavilion. I remember days of F&W past that you could get that specialty beers for F&W in 6oz or 12oz pours, and the standard EPCOT beers in 12oz or 22oz pours. Now the specialty beers are only 4 oz flights or 6 oz cups...and the EPCOT regular beers are only the 12oz cups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter