Our last day, and the trip home

Briarmom

Bessie Robindale<br><font color=b26b70>Larry's bee
June 2, Day 4

Author's note: I did not take notes on this day, because I was BEAT when I got home. I will try to do the best I can from memory.

We got up and got ready. Took the stuff to the car and went to get on the monorail (remember; ds loves this, and we had not gotten to ride it yet). At the monorail, we are told it is running for EE only. I tell her, thanks, but the military is not invited :teeth: jokingly. She apologizes. Anyway, after the security check, I realize that I have no wallet. I have already turned in my keys. Is this going to be another day like yesterday!!!!!!??????? We go back to DLH as fast as we can and go to the car. No wallet. At the front desk we get a room key and run back to the room. There it is! We ride the monorail to the park and went on Matterhorn, Peter Pan, I can't really remember all of the rides we went on to be truthful. I DID, however, bribe ds with another Lego car to go on Indiana Jones. As soon as we got in the car, he asked "can I close my eyes now?" but the whole time he was yelling 'THIS IS AWESOME!' and asked if we could go again. Of course we could not, because we had a 6 hour drive ahead of us. I really wanted to go on Soarin' again, so we went back to DCA and unfortunately, the line said 35 min. We didn't have that kind of time. We went on GRR, which had no line and got very wet. Then had lunch at Pilots Grill. It was time to go :guilty:
We got his Lego car and got into our car. The drive went well, until about 80 miles from home when we got a flat tire. I do not panic. I am kind of laughing at this point. I get all the crap out of the trunk and look at it. If you haven't learned how to work a jack since high school, let me tell you: They have changed! And why don't they just have instructions on them? Anyway, as I am looking at the tools, a trucker stops and helps. There are so many trucks on this interstate and they are FLYING by at 80 miles an hour. Scarey. I am eternally grateful to Julio for stopping.

Now, at home, I have just a few regrets that I could have controlled
1) I wish we had stayed at GCH. The final quote of $$ was only $80 TOTAL (including tax) different from DLH.
2) I would have gone swimming. It was in our plan the whole time, and we just didn't.
3) Fireworks. 'Nuff said
4) I would have seen Aladdin and Snow White.
5) And a very small 'ride regret' of wishing we had gone on Jungle Cruise, to the Tiki Room (I can't tell you the last time I saw this), and maybe Innoventions, but we go to EPCOT enough to not regret this much. We did go on most of the rides. I know I forgot to list some of them.

Good luck and Pixie Dust to all who are on their way there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter