Our Happily Ever After Begins at WDW... An August 2016 Disneymoon report! The Re-write!

Great report! Looks like you had a lot of fun!
I love all the coffee mugs you bought. I may have a slight coffee mug obsession :rolleyes1

Thank you! And you can never have too many coffee mugs :thumbsup2 DH makes fun of me because when we have company, all we have now are Disney mugs to serve coffee in :laughing:

Truly enjoyed reading about your Disneymoon and your pictures were fabulous to look at! Can't wait to read about your trip for next year!!

@pepperandchips thank you so much! Actually, 99% were taken on my phone (Samsung Galaxy s7). I bought a Nikon Coolpix B500 for the trip, and took a few photos (the 1st set of resort pictures) with it, but I felt like they weren't any better quality than the phone's. So I just used the phone for the rest of the trip. :goodvibes

@pepperandchips thank you so much! Actually, 99% were taken on my phone (Samsung Galaxy s7). I bought a Nikon Coolpix B500 for the trip, and took a few photos (the 1st set of resort pictures) with it, but I felt like they weren't any better quality than the phone's. So I just used the phone for the rest of the trip. :goodvibes

Wow! I suddenly need a new phone! They are great shots.

I'm on page two of your TR but wanted to chime in and say how much I'm enjoying the photos as well! I feel like I am there! :woohoo:
DH & I stayed at CSR a couple of years ago on an adult only trip for our anniversary and enjoyed it very much. Would definitely go back! :thumbsup2

Thanks for taking the time to write this up...glad you were able to make it to WDW!! :goodvibes

Wow! I suddenly need a new phone! They are great shots.
Thank you! Many came out blurry from snapping photos while walking or moving, but I think the camera's really good for a phone. :goodvibes

I'm on page two of your TR but wanted to chime in and say how much I'm enjoying the photos as well! I feel like I am there! :woohoo:
DH & I stayed at CSR a couple of years ago on an adult only trip for our anniversary and enjoyed it very much. Would definitely go back! :thumbsup2

Thanks for taking the time to write this up...glad you were able to make it to WDW!! :goodvibes
Thank you so much! :flower3:

Great pics!
Coincidentally, my husband and I are actually in one of your pictures! We're standing above Seasons in The Land - I'm leaning on the banister and he's looking at his phone (probably looking to see if his mom was going to show up soon with our daughter!) Small world. :)

It looks like you guys had a beautiful Disneymoon, congratulations!

Great pics!
Coincidentally, my husband and I are actually in one of your pictures! We're standing above Seasons in The Land - I'm leaning on the banister and he's looking at his phone (probably looking to see if his mom was going to show up soon with our daughter!) Small world. :)

It looks like you guys had a beautiful Disneymoon, congratulations!
Thank you! How funny! It is a small world!

Enjoyed your trip report!

One day my wife and I will get to go sans kids and have the honeymoon we never got to take (hopefully)

Love sandwiches as well, the turkey ciabatta at sunshine seasons is my all time fav as well as the gourmet grill cheese sandwiches sold outside test track

Beautiful pics, hard to believe they are with a phone. I definitely need to get a new one

Last edited:
Enjoyed your trip report!

One day my wife and I will get to go sans kids and have the honeymoon we never got to take (hopefully)

Love sandwiches as well, the turkey ciabatta at sunshine seasons is my all time fav as well as the gourmet grill cheese sandwiches sold outside test track

Beautiful pics, hard to believe they are with a phone. I definitely need to get a new one

Thank you! Gourmet grilled cheeses you say?? I haven't seen those, but they sound right up DH's alley. I will definitely be on the lookout for them on our next trip! Are they sold at a kiosk?

Stopping by from my Trip Report! I am through your first day - good for you guys for having a wedding that is just about the two of you and your marriage, even if it might not have been what was originally planned!

And I agree, 7DMT just didn't do it for me. I thought it was cute, and very smooth, but was just meh. I wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for it though. Can't wait to finish reading!

Stopping by from my Trip Report! I am through your first day - good for you guys for having a wedding that is just about the two of you and your marriage, even if it might not have been what was originally planned!

And I agree, 7DMT just didn't do it for me. I thought it was cute, and very smooth, but was just meh. I wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for it though. Can't wait to finish reading!

Thanks for reading! I just bookmarked your TR to start reading this weekend. Can't wait to read your dining review! And thank you, looking back, I have no regrets about how we got married. It was stress free, and just about us. :)

Hi, I just started reading your report. We are going at the tail end of August this year (YAY, so excited). I'm wondering how you found the crowds last August? Ooooh, and how was the weather? Just curious as to what to expect, I've never been in August, February, September, and October, yes. Thank you, I am loving your report so far!

Hi, I just started reading your report. We are going at the tail end of August this year (YAY, so excited). I'm wondering how you found the crowds last August? Ooooh, and how was the weather? Just curious as to what to expect, I've never been in August, February, September, and October, yes. Thank you, I am loving your report so far!

Hi, and thank you so much for reading! The crowds are definitely bearable. At rope drop, rides are walk on. Closer to lunchtime the crowds pick up, but again, it is manageable. It is super duper hot, but also manageable to me. Everyone's tolerance is different, and as long as I'm hydrated and can hop in and out of air conditioned shops, I'm ok. We are actually booked for August 19-28, so I guess the heat didn't get to us too bad since we are doing it again! The crowds do die down as August goes on, and it looks like you'll be there a week or so after us, so I think crowds will be even better for you! Just stay hydrated, remember that all QS locations give out free ice water, and duck into shops or Starbucks to sit a bit if you are getting too hot! Have a magical, amazing trip! We're almost there! :woohoo:

Oh great, thanks for the feedback. Can't wait to go---2 months exactly :)
Yes, we live in Minnesota, where you might not think it gets hot, but we do get some swelteringly hot summer days! We ARE almost there---tomorrow is FastPass day which I haven't done, ever. Should be interesting!
Can I ask, where are you staying? We are doing POR, and are very excited!
Thanks again for your time!!!

Oh great, thanks for the feedback. Can't wait to go---2 months exactly :)
Yes, we live in Minnesota, where you might not think it gets hot, but we do get some swelteringly hot summer days! We ARE almost there---tomorrow is FastPass day which I haven't done, ever. Should be interesting!
Can I ask, where are you staying? We are doing POR, and are very excited!
Thanks again for your time!!!

I hope you get all the FP+ you want! It's a super easy process, I would just book your harder to get FP+ first (Pandora attractions, SDMT, Frozen, etc) then go back and book the rest.
We will be staying at the Poly this trip, which I'm super excited about. DH has only ever stayed at CSR, and I haven't stayed at Poly since I was about 6!
Oooh I've always wanted to stay at POR! It looks so relaxing. From what I've read and photos/videos, it's beautifully themed.We visited POFQ last trip, but didn't have time to walk over to the Riverside section. The lobby is so nice though, and the boat from the resort to DS is great! Opens up a lot more dining options. Hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!