Our Happily Ever After Begins at WDW... An August 2016 Disneymoon report! The Re-write!

The entertainment was amazing, as usual.

20160824_174957.jpg

20160824_180129.jpg

20160824_180321.jpg

20160824_180322.jpg

20160824_180323.jpg

For dessert, we both got the bread pudding.

20160824_181806.jpg

20160824_181939.jpg

20160824_181943.jpg

This was definitely our favorite meal. I can't wait to go back.

Last edited:
After dinner, we had more energy than expected, and DH suggested we go to AK since we didn't stay til dark when we were there. I check MDE and was able to make a FP+ for EE. I read on the Dis how much better EE is at night, so I was pretty excited ride it.

20160824_201411.jpg

20160824_201557.jpg

20160824_201614.jpg

20160824_201659.jpg

20160824_201838.jpg

20160824_202140.jpg

20160824_203308.jpg

20160824_203341.jpg

20160824_204803.jpg

20160824_204806.jpg

We rode EE twice, which is amazing at night, and Kali River Rapids 3 times in a row with no wait. We didn't do the Jungle Book show, and the rides were walk-ons during the show. Kali River is kind of scary at night, and we had a lot of fun.

Last edited:
20160824_204822.jpg

20160824_204830.jpg

20160824_211512.jpg

I know the Jungle Book show gets very critical reviews, and we didn't watch it, so I can't comment, but the show is visible from the surrounding area. From what I saw, it looked nice. The colors looked beautiful, and the music was upbeat and fun. From what I saw, if Jungle Book was AK's "placeholder", Rivers of Light will most likely be breathtaking.

Next up: Day 5 Hollywood Studios

Last edited:
Loved your report, your pictures were so nice. We also saw the blackish actors at MK one night, I saw the kids from the show. I know how your husband feels, I get so tired out towards the end of the trip and my DD will stay
later in the park. I am glad she is sixteen so she can spend a little solo time looking around. Congrats on your wedding and great Disney honeymoon and thanks for sharing it.

Loved your report, your pictures were so nice. We also saw the blackish actors at MK one night, I saw the kids from the show. I know how your husband feels, I get so tired out towards the end of the trip and my DD will stay
later in the park. I am glad she is sixteen so she can spend a little solo time looking around. Congrats on your wedding and great Disney honeymoon and thanks for sharing it.
Thank you so much! I know, I think next trip I will plan an extra rest day. That works out well that your daughter can stay behind when you're ready to go. Thank you again, and thanks for reading along! :flower3:

Great trip report. I cannot imagine how much work you have to put into writing a trip report, so I appreciate you taking the time to share with us.

@KTCK1310FanGrl Thank you! I must admit, I now have a newfound respect for the Disers who make trip reports! I didn't know how much time would be involved! (Especially since photobucket seems to hate me!)
It was fun though, and I appreciate you spending your time reading it. When someone tells me they enjoyed it, or a tip helped them, it makes it so worth it! Thanks again!

Awwww...it's over....:sad1:

Thank you for your trip report, and thank you for the tips about different things like the chews!

I'm so happy for you :flower:to be planning another trip! Good decision to go when it is cooler. We go in December and love it then. No way could we do August :scared:
I get kinda freaked out just thinking about it.

Take care and :thanks: again!

@CaliTex Thank you so much! :flower3: We actally booked our trip for Dec 2-10 2017! Now we're just deciding if we want to switch from CSR to WL because of the Christmas decorations :santa:. Thank you again for reading along, it means a lot to me!

Hi there! I really enjoyed your TR! I'm sorry I didn't catch it sooner!

Congratulations to you and your DH :goodvibes Looks like you guys had an awesome trip - I especially loved all your pictures of EPCOT and WS. EPCOT is my 2nd favorite park!

Your TR is definitely helping me to get excited for my upcoming trip - thanks for sharing your memories with us!

@CaliTex Thank you so much! :flower3: We actally booked our trip for Dec 2-10 2017! Now we're just deciding if we want to switch from CSR to WL because of the Christmas decorations :santa:. Thank you again for reading along, it means a lot to me!

YAY! You are booked! Great week! We usually go the week after that and sometimes do that for FD which always seems to start around the 10th, but that is a great week (Dec 2-10) for low crowds and good weather! :goodvibes

We will be there around that time, too! Yay for us!:wave2:

:flower2: You are welcome, I enjoyed "traveling" with you.

Well, disneylove16--all I can tell you about the WL is that it is, hands down, our very, very favorite resort for many reasons, not the least of which is the boat trip to MK. :love: If you switch I really don't think you will be disappointed. And the theme is very different from CSR, so you all might like the change. Something new?

What a great trip report! Thank you for all your details and your great photos. Makes me more excited about my trip in February with my DH. My 11th visit but his first. I can't wait to show him all the wonders of Disney. You had some really good tips and have given me some great ideas about how to structure our days in the park. Thanks!

@namedafteru I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thank you so much for reading along! I'm sure your DH will love it! I didn't think my DH would love it as much as he does, but now he's obsessed! Have a great trip! February has great weather!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!