Our Grandest Trip Ever... Literally! - August 2019 PTR *TR LINK POSTED 8/25*

I want to try one of those donuts too! They always look so good.

I actually tried both of these last year, and they were NOT GOOD, so I actually hope they come out with something different (and actually delicious!) this year.

Don't they always look delicious?!? dfb always raves about them for some reason... it might be time for me to give them a try!

... okay, so lowkey, they don't even look that good! A cream puff with black gel dye is SUPER sus to me, and so is the green paste they use to fill up the madame leota tart! I'm glad you said something, now maybe I can console my parents if they don't make a return! Thank you!

... okay, so lowkey, they don't even look that good! A cream puff with black gel dye is SUPER sus to me, and so is the green paste they use to fill up the madame leota tart! I'm glad you said something, now maybe I can console my parents if they don't make a return! Thank you!

They will be SO much better off without them! Both of them were artificial tasting and very unappetizing looking in person. I also tried the Oogie Boogie meringue which was similarly awful. The Haunted Mansion tarts in 2017 were really good though, so I know they're capable of making themed desserts that are delicious, but they obviously had no interest last year!

So I fell pretty far behind. It sucked about missing those actors at the Riverdale Con, but sounds like the whole experience more than made up for it! How nice of Rob! (I don’t actually watch the show-I have too many as it is!)

Sounds like some yummy snacks!

Happy birthday Grace !!

The list of snacks looks great. The Jack-Jack cookie was delicious and there wasn’t a huge line in June!

The frozen kirin has been on my list to try for a while now and i never get it lol

They will be SO much better off without them! Both of them were artificial tasting and very unappetizing looking in person. I also tried the Oogie Boogie meringue which was similarly awful. The Haunted Mansion tarts in 2017 were really good though, so I know they're capable of making themed desserts that are delicious, but they obviously had no interest last year!

I had a feeling! I know that they've come out with some AMAZING MNSSHP treats in the past, but as of late, they've really been trying to cater to the "disney influencer" crowd, which I fear is bringing in a lot of treats that look really cute for instagram... but taste really blech :crazy2: Hopefully, they'll find a good medium this year! I really appreciate the feedback!!

So I fell pretty far behind. It sucked about missing those actors at the Riverdale Con, but sounds like the whole experience more than made up for it! How nice of Rob! (I don’t actually watch the show-I have too many as it is!)

Sounds like some yummy snacks!

Girl, I feel you! I've been so behind on DIS these past weeks between wisdom tooth worries and work! Cole & KJ cancelling was definitely a blessing in disguise, there's no way either of them would have been as precious as Rob and Hart. It ended up being the perfect day!

I can't wait to try some of these snacks!!! Or throw away my shot to eat them because I'm too lazy to walk to the other side of the park and a Mickey pretzel sounds like it could hit the spot better than a stick of Candied Bacon. Could go either way with me.

Happy birthday Grace !!

The list of snacks looks great. The Jack-Jack cookie was delicious and there wasn’t a huge line in June!

The frozen kirin has been on my list to try for a while now and i never get it lol

I will pass along your birthday wish, and she says "thank you" in advance!

I'm SO excited for the Jack-Jack cookie!!! It's a must-do this year!!

Now that I'm 21 (Well, 22 now), there are a lot of Epcot drinks that I've been dying to try. It looks like the kirin is going to stay on my list for a while, too!

beyonce dancing.gif
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE YOU BEAUTIFUL ANGEL!!!

For our Epcot day, I'm really looking forward to wearing a Donut-inspired outfit!
Oh. My. Goodness. YES. Food inspired outfits are so terribly underrated and yet so wonderful. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

as a final farewell to my favorite Starbucks on property (RIP)
Alright hun we need to talk about how this is your favorite Starbs on property. I LOATHE this location. I feel like the line is always 30 minutes long and is super boring and cramped. Give me Creature Comforts any day.

My body is fully ready.
This is...not the typical kind of scenario where I imagine this statement being made but I'm definitely going to start using it in food-related instances. Well done.

The Candied Bacon debuted at Liberty Square Market last summer and has since moved to Westward Ho Refreshments in Frontierland. The only type of bacon I love more than thin, crunchy bacon is that nice ultra-thick and chewy bacon that they serve on this skewer!
My mind automatically went here:
crispy bacon.gif

I fee like WDW is finally stepping up their new/limited snack game. It used to be all DLR with the exciting new stuff but WDW is finally claiming some of the glory. I feel like I recently saw a new kind of spring roll that looked phenomenal...

Ah! Happy belated birthday to Grace!

Those pretzels look delicious and I'm envious of those that can eat them. Caramel + pretzel might be one of the best combinations ever. Darn gluten allergies :(

I always try to plan new treats to see and get others to try but they change so often that I forget!

View attachment 416603
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE YOU BEAUTIFUL ANGEL!!!

Oh. My. Goodness. YES. Food inspired outfits are so terribly underrated and yet so wonderful. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Alright hun we need to talk about how this is your favorite Starbs on property. I LOATHE this location. I feel like the line is always 30 minutes long and is super boring and cramped. Give me Creature Comforts any day.

This is...not the typical kind of scenario where I imagine this statement being made but I'm definitely going to start using it in food-related instances. Well done.

My mind automatically went here:
View attachment 416604

I fee like WDW is finally stepping up their new/limited snack game. It used to be all DLR with the exciting new stuff but WDW is finally claiming some of the glory. I feel like I recently saw a new kind of spring roll that looked phenomenal...

SHE SAYS THANK YOU AND SHE LOVES YOU!!!!

I am very glad you agree on the food outfit opinion!!!! I just bought my tank top from PLM and I'll be getting the donut ears when we're down there!

LISTEN. I LOVE Creature Comforts, Trolley Car Cafe, MS Bakery and the Springs locations... but I've always encountered the best CMs at Fountain View! They're so lovely! Plus, Fountain View was ALWAYS my first stop when entering Epcot during my DCP, so it always feels like I'm "home" when I'm there. Trolley Car Cafe definitely has the best treats, though.

We MUST prepare our bodies for Disney snacks.

Ah! Happy belated birthday to Grace!

Those pretzels look delicious and I'm envious of those that can eat them. Caramel + pretzel might be one of the best combinations ever. Darn gluten allergies :(

I always try to plan new treats to see and get others to try but they change so often that I forget!

She says thank you very much!!!

Oh no! I'm sorry about your gluten allergy :sad:

Agreed! Disney has been introducing and then taking away snacks left and right lately, it's so hard to keep up!!

It's a struggle!!!

HAPPY BELATED GRACE!! Sorry I missed it. Sis was making magic all over the place for 9 days straight (the only straight thing I could ever do).

Also, Totchos are being slept on in your practically perfect snacks list. Again, great choices but TOTCHOS. Ok I'm done. Also, why is Fountain View your favorite? I don't really have a fave Starbs (not DAK's) in WDW since they all feel the same to me so I'm curious why FV stands out to you.

HAPPY BELATED GRACE!! Sorry I missed it. Sis was making magic all over the place for 9 days straight (the only straight thing I could ever do).

Also, Totchos are being slept on in your practically perfect snacks list. Again, great choices but TOTCHOS. Ok I'm done. Also, why is Fountain View your favorite? I don't really have a fave Starbs (not DAK's) in WDW since they all feel the same to me so I'm curious why FV stands out to you.

"The only straight thing I could ever do" Good lord, Timmy. I mean... you're not wrong!

HOW COULD I FORGET THE TOTCHOS????

See, my family contemplated Totchos last year, but I don't really eat chili, so I opted to turn them down in favor for one of the tarts! But if ya'll are raving about them, I'll definitely pick up a side to snack on when we go to TSL this year!

I think my FV affinity boils down to good memories during our first Program (well, my only Program but your FIRST one.) There were a lot of friendly CMs, and I could walk right up to order in the middle of the day in October and get a PSL and make my way around WS to catch my fav Food & Wine dishes.

See, my family contemplated Totchos last year, but I don't really eat chili, so I opted to turn them down in favor for one of the tarts! But if ya'll are raving about them, I'll definitely pick up a side to snack on when we go to TSL this year!

My dear sweet love, I will mobile order one for us to share if I must. Because if you don't like them, I will eat the rest. It is a price I'm willing to pay to have you try it because again and with more emphasis... TOTCHOS!

I think my FV affinity boils down to good memories during our first Program (well, my only Program but your FIRST one.) There were a lot of friendly CMs, and I could walk right up to order in the middle of the day in October and get a PSL and make my way around WS to catch my fav Food & Wine dishes.

Ah, gotcha. I guess it might be another Disneyland thing for me because that's where I really fell in love with Starbs and it became a regular thing/tradition for me (even if it has some mems of it are attached to a really awful person). I'm ready to get on this FV love train so our Epcot date will def include Miss Fountain View and belting our hearts out to the Fountain of Nations soundtrack.

Happy Birthday to Grace!!! :D

Your snack list sounds wonderful!!! I 10/10 recommend a Peter Pan float if you haven't tried one yet. There's also a slush (the Wonderland Slush I think?) at the Cheshire Cat that I've been wanting to try!

My dear sweet love, I will mobile order one for us to share if I must. Because if you don't like them, I will eat the rest. It is a price I'm willing to pay to have you try it because again and with more emphasis... TOTCHOS!

Ah, gotcha. I guess it might be another Disneyland thing for me because that's where I really fell in love with Starbs and it became a regular thing/tradition for me (even if it has some mems of it are attached to a really awful person). I'm ready to get on this FV love train so our Epcot date will def include Miss Fountain View and belting our hearts out to the Fountain of Nations soundtrack.

Everything here sounds like a PLAN. The Totchos, the FV run, the Fountain of Nations soundtrack singalong... can't wait to experience it with you!!

Happy Birthday to Grace!!! :D

Your snack list sounds wonderful!!! I 10/10 recommend a Peter Pan float if you haven't tried one yet. There's also a slush (the Wonderland Slush I think?) at the Cheshire Cat that I've been wanting to try!

Grace says thank you!!!

Ooh, how could I have forgotten the Peter Pan float?!?! That one is DEFINITELY going on the list-- and the Wonderland Slush!!!

Your snack choices look great. I can't personally vouch for the donut because my kids demolished it before I had a chance to taste it, but they loved it!

For AK, I'd consider adding the strawberry shortcake I've cream sandwich from Dino Bites to your list. We had the regular one in March and it was enormous, an excellent use of a snack credit.

Your snack choices look great. I can't personally vouch for the donut because my kids demolished it before I had a chance to taste it, but they loved it!

For AK, I'd consider adding the strawberry shortcake I've cream sandwich from Dino Bites to your list. We had the regular one in March and it was enormous, an excellent use of a snack credit.

That sounds like a promising review to me!!!

Okay, I immediately googled "Dino Bites strawberry shortcake ice cream sandwich" and it looks incredible!!! So far, for our DAK day, all we want to try is the Pongo Lumpia at Pandora, so we can easily add this one onto our list and share it!!! Thank you so much!!!

Your snack list looks great! I feel like Disney is making it near impossible to stay on top of the snacks they have available! They went from basically never having anything new to EVERYTHING NEW EVERY DAY lol

Dan really wants to try the Redds Revenge but the Lost Princess Cone was really good too!

Your snack list looks great! I feel like Disney is making it near impossible to stay on top of the snacks they have available! They went from basically never having anything new to EVERYTHING NEW EVERY DAY lol

Dan really wants to try the Redds Revenge but the Lost Princess Cone was really good too!

YES!!! All of a sudden this year, there's something new EVERY day. AND, to make things even more complicated: they brought the Mickey donut back. It was only supposed to be there until 6/30, but now it's available at Cheshire Cafe. So that's something else I need to add on my list, since I could have cried when I heard it was limited edition. Disney, you're doing great... but also, slow down a little :upsidedow

The Redds Revenge looks awesome, and so does the Lost Princess Cone! How are there SO many great snacks at MK?!?

Entertainment Offerings
Yesterday we reached the one month mark! We're now less than a month away from our happy place!

Maraschino-Step.gif

Yesterday was also the first DAK Moonlight Magic, which means we now have confirmation of which characters will be out, where we can redeem our food vouchers, and what the entertainment offerings will look like!

Here's everything we know according to the official information guide, which has been posted on the AK Moonlight Magic thread!

Characters:

1. Carl, Dug, and Carl Frederickson
  2. Flik and Atta
  3. Pocahontas and Meeko
  4. Tarzan and Terk
  5. Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear
  6. Mickey and Minnie
  7. Koda and Kenai
... and unofficially, Kevin was spotted out and about greeting her adoring fans!

Entertainment:

1. The Tree of Life Awakenings
  2. Harambe Village Street Band
  3. Harambe Dance Party
  4. Meet Disney Vacation Club executives
  5. Rivers of Light: We Are One
  6. "Can You Dig It?" Dinoland Dance Party
Where to Redeem Food Vouchers:
  1. Flame Tree Barbeque
  2. Pizzafari
  3. Satu'li Canteen
  4. Restaurantosaurus
Rides:
  1. It's Tough to Be a Bug
  2. Na'vi River Journey
  3. Avatar Flight of Passage
  4. Expedition Everest -- Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
  5. TriceraTop Spin
  6. DINOSAUR
You can see all of the information from the guide floating around the internet somewhere, but this is the most important stuff that I wanted to highlight for the purpose of the PTR. Everyone in your party gets one voucher for a free entree and a free fountain drink, AND everyone gets a free Game Credit to use at Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama!

So, opinion time: the lineup looks amazing for the most part! I'm just a little concerned that Kilimanjaro Safaris and Primeval Whirl won't be open for MM this year. KS was operating during MM last year, and I was hoping I'd be able to catch a late-night safari this year! However-- it looks like the options for food have been expanded! Last year, everyone got a hot dog, a cookie, a drink, a bag of sliced apples or grapes, and I think a bag of chips? This year, it looks like the QS locations are operating the way they normally would, so you'll be able to choose an actual entree! I don't normally eat Disney's hot dogs, so I'm really excited to grab some pulled pork from FTB this year :hyper: Other restaurants and stands, like Pongu Pongu, Tamu Tamu Refreshments, and Mr. Kamals, will also be open if you'd like to purchase other food at an extra cost.

We're not going to go crazy building a touring plan for MM, but we are definitely going to be first in line to meet Russell, Dug, and Carl! We'll also be trying to track down Kevin. Mom and dad were thrilled when they saw photos of her meeting guests at MM last night! I also really want to meet Pocahontas and Meeko together, and I might even try to meet Flik and Atta if the lines aren't too long.

Mom wants to see Rivers of Light this year. We have a FP+ at 8:05 for the 8:45 showing, but I think it might be smarter if we got in the standby line for KS after our FOP FP+, and if we miss ROL's 8:45 showing, we can see the the 10:30 DVC member showing instead.

In any case, I'm SO hyped for MM!

For anyone planning a MNSSHP trip, more exciting entertainment offerings were announced for the party this past week as well! We now have confirmation of a few things: While the Fireworks show, "Disney's Not-So-Spooky Specatular," is new, Boo to You! and the Sanderson Sisters Villain's Spelltacular will both return. Pirates of the Caribbean, Mad Tea Party, and Space Mountain will receive the same party overlay that they did last year, AND that Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor will have special interactive elements for guests going through the treat trail! I have to ride Space Mountain in the dark this year!

If you're a fellow Jersey-an, stay safe in this heat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter