Our Grandest Trip Ever... Literally! - August 2019 PTR *TR LINK POSTED 8/25*

Ah!

What an amazing day!! So exciting! Amazing pictures, it’s so nice when something turns out for the better even when you expected it to be a let down!

I guess I’m old because I’m over here wondering why you didn’t meet Chad Michael Murray!!!! Love him!! I’m a one tree hill girl.... see old

So happy you had a great day!

It was such an incredible experience!!!

LOL! I was actually planning to meet CMM this weekend, but he ended up being SO much more expensive than Rob and Hart, and his photos/autos were almost sold out by the time I got there in the morning, so I figured I would let the remaining OTH fans deal with that! There were a LOT of OTH fans that joined the convention last minute to see him!

I'm so happy it all worked out for you in the end! Who knows, maybe Cole and KJ would have been so cold that it would have ruined them for you. Everything happens for a reason right???

Also, not that I NEED to add anything else to my plate but I may eventually pick your brain about starting a blog. But first I need to get everything else in my life in order! haha

Cole and KJ probably would not have been as kind as Rob and Hart would. Love them, but it's the truth! That's exactly my takeaway: everything happens for a reason, and now I have great memories with two of the kindest people ever!

AHHH YAY LET ME KNOW GIRL!!! I would love to answer any questions about starting a blog!!!

Count me in the One Tree Hill fan club lol. My walls were FULL of CMM posters in high school 🥰

Your pictures are all super cute- glad they day turned out to be a great one for you and Grace!

There were a LOT of OTH fans at the convention this weekend who joined last minute to see him! I didn't get to see him, but he was definitely shown a lot of love on Sunday!

Thank you very much... I will definitely treasure this day for a long time!!!

The 5th Annual 4th of July PTR Update
It's 'bout 'round that time, ya'll. Today is the 4th of July, and I am watching 1776.

tenor.gif

My first PTR on the DISboards was back in 2014, for a Grand Floridian vacation that went from July 6-13. My final update for the PTR was posted on July 4, while I was watching 1776: The Musical Movie and getting ready to start our drive down to Disney! Since then, I've made today synonymous with both Disney World and the DISBoards. Hence, every year on July 4th, I update my PTR to tell everyone that it's the 4th of July and I'm watching 1776.

In life news, camp is going swimmingly so far. I'm back with the Kindergarten girls at a nice Senior Counselor pay rate. Most of my girls are really well behaved and all of their parents are incredibly kind, so I could not be happier! Grace is with us this year, and she's working with the 2nd grade girls-- my first set of Kindergarteners 2 years ago! Next week, I'll be out for a few days while I get a wisdom tooth taken out (just one!) but then it's back to that 8:00-12:30 grind until the first week of August.

Today's planning updates come to you in the way of MagicBands and MNSSHP Costume Updates!

MagicBands: We went back and forth for a little while debating on whether we were going to order the upgraded MBs or just get the plain ones. Today we settled the debate... and did neither.

Dad found a regular old retail MagicBand on shopDisney that he really wanted, and I still wanted the Millennial pink MB that wasn't offered with the upgrades. Dad got the Grumpy MB, I got the Millennial Pink one, Mom chose a Minnie Mouse one, and Grace chose a Tinker Bell one. I think the bands Mom and Grace chose are both available as the upgrade options, but they didn't show up on MDE today when we tried to select them, so we figured it would probably just be easier on everyone if we just bought our MagicBands together while there was free shipping on shopDisney! We'll link them to our resort reservation as soon as they get here. They should be coming to the house just before our resort MBs were supposed to ship out.

MNSSHP Costume Updates: While my mom and dad are really excited to wear their costumes to MNSSHP this year, and Grace is in the process of picking her own costume. I've opted out of wearing an actual "costume." Having already done two August MNSSHPs, I know that the HEAT and a cute costume just aren't worth the hassle. Instead, I'll just be wearing a really festive outfit! Lindsay at Pretty Little Monograms is going to be releasing her first batch of Halloween designs this weekend, and I have my eye on a tank top! I'll pair it with a tutu from Amazon and my favorite body glitter.

Happy 4th!

Hence, every year on July 4th, I update my PTR to tell everyone that it's the 4th of July and I'm watching 1776.
This is an amazing tradition. Know that I will do whatever it takes to support its continuation.

Next week, I'll be out for a few days while I get a wisdom tooth taken out (just one!
But...why just one?

Having already done two August MNSSHPs, I know that the HEAT and a cute costume just aren't worth the hassle
SO TRUE!

my favorite body glitter.
And really what else do you need in life but a tutu and body glitter?

The magicbands are driving everyone insane I think! Definitely a good call just to pay a little extra to get the ones you all want!

Hope you had a great 4th!

I love your 4th of July dis tradition!

Good choice on the MBs! I was trying to pick the HM upgrade for so long the other day without success and it was so annoying.

Another good choice on the costume for MNSSHP! My sister and i went in August last year and did costumes and it was so hot and humid and rainy- we got a little grumpy lol

This is an amazing tradition. Know that I will do whatever it takes to support its continuation.

But...why just one?

SO TRUE!

And really what else do you need in life but a tutu and body glitter?

Believe me, it won't be going anywhere, soon. Watching 1776 and updating my PTR is what gets me through the day. It's the wind beneath my wings.

Unforch, I have one (1) wisdom tooth that's infected and impacting a molar. Basically, we found out too late that it was more of a problem than we thought it was, so most of the oral surgeons in our area are booked up for the summer-- we found someone who was able to remove the suspect wisdom tooth during a half hour block in the morning. The other three aren't bothering me (yet) (fingers crossed), so my hope is that we'll be able to get them out when I get home for winter break this year!

MNSSHP costumes are cute IN THEORY... but when it's 100 degrees in the shade and my bow is falling apart and my makeup is melting, things are no longer cute :sad:

Glitter, a tutu... that's all you REALLY need.

The magicbands are driving everyone insane I think! Definitely a good call just to pay a little extra to get the ones you all want!

Hope you had a great 4th!

Disney needs to pull it together with this MB upgrade business! People are updating the August group every 3 minutes with what's sold out and what's been added back to the choices... a whole mess!

Thank you Cloe!! I hope you had a great 4th, too!!

I love your 4th of July dis tradition!

Good choice on the MBs! I was trying to pick the HM upgrade for so long the other day without success and it was so annoying.

Another good choice on the costume for MNSSHP! My sister and i went in August last year and did costumes and it was so hot and humid and rainy- we got a little grumpy lol

Thank you, thank you!

This MB upgrade stuff is so messy! Options coming and going within 3 minutes, people getting shipped grey bands... Disney really needs to smooth this process out!

Costumes and MNSSHP definitely don't always mix! The heat, humid, and rain can make anyone melty on a regular day... add layers of tulle and props on top of that and you've got a real problem!

Hence, every year on July 4th, I update my PTR to tell everyone that it's the 4th of July and I'm watching 1776.

What a weird, fun tradition. Ours is a nice more typical pool party / bbq at my mom's house.

Having already done two August MNSSHPs, I know that the HEAT and a cute costume just aren't worth the hassle

Yup, we're in the t-shirt-as-costume camp as well. It's just too much for August.

What a weird, fun tradition. Ours is a nice more typical pool party / bbq at my mom's house.

Yup, we're in the t-shirt-as-costume camp as well. It's just too much for August.

It's definitely something little I like to look forward to every July! Pool/BBQ sounds great, hope you had an amazing 4th with your family!

Minimal effort and minimal sweating... I love the t-shirt-as-costume camp!

t was such an incredible experience!!!

LOL! I was actually planning to meet CMM this weekend, but he ended up being SO much more expensive than Rob and Hart, and his photos/autos were almost sold out by the time I got there in the morning, so I figured I would let the remaining OTH fans deal with that! There were a LOT of OTH fans that joined the convention last minute to see him!

That makes sense, you get 2 and you ended up having amazing experiences so it all worked out right!

I definitely didn't anticipate the chaos that would come with the new MB upgrade options, but everything I've been reading sounds really crazy! I've had my eye on the lavender one ever since it came out, and I may just bite the bullet and get it next time!

Girl, I 100% do not blame you for skipping a costume for MNSSHP. I wore a costume in October a few years ago, and that was hot enough!! Can't wait to see what tank you pick out! :)

That makes sense, you get 2 and you ended up having amazing experiences so it all worked out right!

It was for SURE a tough call between him and Hart, though!

I definitely didn't anticipate the chaos that would come with the new MB upgrade options, but everything I've been reading sounds really crazy! I've had my eye on the lavender one ever since it came out, and I may just bite the bullet and get it next time!

Girl, I 100% do not blame you for skipping a costume for MNSSHP. I wore a costume in October a few years ago, and that was hot enough!! Can't wait to see what tank you pick out! :)

Right??? I feel like this happens almost every time Disney rolls out a new piece of technology... definitely buy the Lavender band! I couldn't hold out any longer on Millennial Pink!

These parties are so HOT! I will show you the tank as soon as I buy it from Lindsay tomorrow!

So I just realized my daughter is at camp, going into kindergarten and her senior counselor is Caitlin, but with a C not a K otherwise I was going to swear it was you!

So I just realized my daughter is at camp, going into kindergarten and her senior counselor is Caitlin, but with a C not a K otherwise I was going to swear it was you!

Now THAT would be amazing! Hope she's enjoying camp, I miss my days as a camper!

August 2019: The Official Snack Bucket List
Happy Thursday! Today is Grace's 18th birthday! She had a great day at camp and then came home to some gifts, including a homemade scrapbook that mom and I put together for her! Everyone join me in wishing her a happy birthday!

Every year, as we get closer and closer to the trip, I try to release a bucket list of the new (or new to me!) snacks and merchandise that I want to get my hands on when we get down there. Recently, Disney has been switching up their menus like crazy, so I tried to hold off on posting my list this year until later... but since we're a month away and I'm recovering from a wisdom tooth removal, I figured: why not drop the list now?

Strawberry Frosted Donut -- Joffrey's Espresso & Pastry Kiosks

joffreys-espresso-and-pastries-donut-pink-7-600x513.jpg

Image: Disney Food Blog
For our Epcot day, I'm really looking forward to wearing a Donut-inspired outfit! Despite being in the land of the best and most unique snacks in WDW, I think I'll have to pony up a snack credit for one of these amazing looking donuts for pictures (and breakfast on the go!) I'll be visiting Fountain View for coffee one last time this morning as a final farewell to my favorite Starbucks on property (RIP), but I'll be sure to grab one of these beautiful glazed treats on my way into World Showcase! These donuts come from Donut King, which I hear are super fresh and delicious all throughout the day!

Tempura Shrimp Udon -- Katsura Grill

Tempura-Shrimp-Udon-Katsura-Grill-16_-009-700x467.jpg

Technically not a snack, but a good Epcot day demands a good World Showcase lunch, and I have my eye on the Tempura Shrimp Udon! I've heard really great things about this dish, and by the time I reach Japan this year, I'll definitely be ready for lunch! I haven't decided whether or not I'll get an alcoholic drink with this one-- given the fact that it's included in my QS credit, I'm inclined to get the Frozen Kirin Draft with it, but I think I'd rather just get some water to hydrate myself and hold out for the hard root beer float at the America pavilion afterwards!

Jack Jack's Cookie Num Nums -- Municiberg Neighborhood Bakery

num-num-cookies.jpeg

Image: Chip and Co
My body is fully ready. I've been dying to sink my teeth into this cookie since it debuted in Pixar Pier last year, so when I saw this cookie had made it's way to the East Coast, I knew that my mission for August 2019 would be to try one. Is there anything in this world better than a nice, chewy, warm chocolate chip cookie? With all those delicious melty chocolate chips? I don't think there is. And I will wait however long I must before I get to the front of the line and order one. Or five. I'm on vacation.

Warm Caramel-Stuffed Pretzel and Cinnamon Donuts -- Golden Oak Outpost

bvqwiu-613x409.jpg

Image: Disney Parks Blog
We're definitely going to be sharing a lot of snacks together during MNSSHP this year! While they haven't announced what'll be available this year, I'm really hoping the caramel-stuffed pretzel and donuts make a return! They look like the perfect fall treats, and I'm ALWAYS down for some warm, gooey caramel! The rest of the family is interested in trying the Hitchhiking Ghost cream puff and the Madame Leota tart... fingers crossed that they'll all be making a return for this year's party!

Candied Bacon Skewer -- Westward Ho Refreshments

Liberty-Square_Candied-Bacon_18-002-700x525.jpg

The Candied Bacon debuted at Liberty Square Market last summer and has since moved to Westward Ho Refreshments in Frontierland. The only type of bacon I love more than thin, crunchy bacon is that nice ultra-thick and chewy bacon that they serve on this skewer!

Am I missing anything? If there's a park snack you think I need to try, PLEASE let me know.

I want to try one of those donuts too! They always look so good.

The rest of the family is interested in trying the Hitchhiking Ghost cream puff and the Madame Leota tart... fingers crossed that they'll all be making a return for this year's party!

I actually tried both of these last year, and they were NOT GOOD, so I actually hope they come out with something different (and actually delicious!) this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!